97 replies to this topic

#21 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

As far as im concerned Devils have start to win and Kovalchuk restart to score on a regular bases... Thats what happen when you have a real coach

#22 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:53 AM

I've met him in person and have heard numerous stories about him being a dvck

A duck? :lol:

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#23 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 06:14 AM

It was his 1,000th game. The Stars honored him in a pregame ceremony, which I guess is pretty nice, considering he is a new player there.
Posted Image Posted Image

#24 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,314 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

It was his 1,000th game. The Stars honored him in a pregame ceremony, which I guess is pretty nice, considering he is a new player there.

It's not like he was a new player to their organization though. Out of those 999 games played, 435 of them were in a Stars' jersey. Very nice gesture though....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#25 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

You must've missed that it was revealed that Langenbrunner was asked to waive his no-trade clause during training camp and refused.

I am starting to wonder how different this season would have been if he'd just waived the stupid NTC to begin with. Maybe this season would have been doa with MacLean anyway but this team was subpar at best with Lemaire too at the end of last year and the first few games this year until Langs got traded.

Funny how he was whining about MacLean and Rolston getting scapegoated when in truth he was the first target and rightly so after last year.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#26 Bryan

Bryan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

It was pretty great when Lemaire got re-hired that he tore the C off Langenbrunner in that first practice.

Is this true?
Posted Image of Zach Parise's McFarlane Figure!

NEW JERSEY In keeping with the fact they are the Devils, New Jersey actually went with a villain by the name of Lex Lou-Lamoriello, an evil genius who finds ways to get around the salary cap until he is stopped in his tracks by Bett-man.

#27 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

on a layup on a beautiful pass from Richards

His smirk really irritates me

I am glad to see his low-class act gone

It's not rocket science to figure out that since Mac was fired, Lemaire hired, and Langs gone, the team has played considerably better.

This team had a locker room issue, and it is evidenced by the Devils play of late. Also, you can see that Lemaire has "fire" in his eyes, as evidenced when he called time-out against the Isles after their two quick goals and his bench talk was not all that "friendly"...

I hope Lemaire is back next year!

#28 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:34 AM

on a layup on a beautiful pass from Richards

His smirk really irritates me

I am glad to see his low-class act gone

Amen brother!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#29 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:35 AM

Don't we want the Vagine to do better so we get the 2nd Round Pick and be more useful in leaving then staying?:noclue:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#30 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

Good for Langenbrunner. Glad he is doing well and fitting in. Langenbrunner is a good player, Dallas definitley won on this trade.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#31 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

Langenbrunner's performance this year is on Lou and management. He should have been let go in the offseason (possibly for a greater return) after that pathetic showing last year with the C on his chest.

Thanks for 2003, k bai.

I would have been happy if they just waved his ass as soon as the season was over. I guess it worked out that we get a pick now but at what cost? I'm with NJDevs4978 in thinking the season could have looked much different without him this year.
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#32 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

without langy and with lemaire still here, we could have been a top contender, but no need to dwell on it anymore.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 18 January 2011 - 09:56 AM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#33 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:56 AM

Good for Langenbrunner. Glad he is doing well and fitting in. Langenbrunner is a good player, Dallas definitley won on this trade.

And what if that draft pick we got turns into a Patrik Elias (who was also a 2nd round pick)..... I get you have the blind man-crush and all... but can we see what player we get for the pick before you blindly claim this a loss???

Not to mention this Devils TEAM looks like one since the trade went down.... go figure... even your boy Kovalchuk is scoring B )
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#34 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:20 AM

Are you a retard?

Langenbrunner gave us many good years and was a good leader. I feel bad that his 1k game wasnt in NJ, but I wish him success in Dallas. Good for him.

Exactly. Just because he left NJ means that he has to have a sh!tty end to his career? :rolleyes: Good for Jamie. I wish him the best down in Dallas.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#35 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

If Lemaire hadn't fake quit or been secret fired last year, I bet Langenbrunner agrees to waive that NTC in the offseason. With the combination of the two, this season could have had a very different outcome.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#36 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,899 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:32 AM

If Lemaire hadn't fake quit or been secret fired last year, I bet Langenbrunner agrees to waive that NTC in the offseason. With the combination of the two, this season could have had a very different outcome.

Langenbrunner wasn't the only person who wasn't thrilled with Lemaire. This season could have had a very different outcome, but with how horrendous Brodeur played, I don't think it would've ended in a playoff berth. One thing being overlooked with this nice winning streak is that the Devils still gave up 10 goals in the last 4 games.

Edited by Triumph, 18 January 2011 - 10:37 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#37 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

Oh no doubt. I think the injuries killed us more than anything, but it does make you wonder. Like I said, even if the last 10+ games don't show it by the final score, this is a much different team on the ice than it was in late November. I think Lemaire needed some time to pull them out of the funk that MacLean left them in.

Still, makes you wonder.

I hated the Lemaire hire when it was made and I didn't want to fire him last year if it meant bringing in MacLean. Rookie coach + team made up of mostly salty vets with built-in locker room issues = recipe for disaster.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder

#38 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,739 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

Are you a retard?

Langenbrunner gave us many good years and was a good leader. I feel bad that his 1k game wasnt in NJ, but I wish him success in Dallas. Good for him.

Blow-J, can you explain what the word "retard" means?.... I don't understand your usage.
I'm guessing that you disagree with my opinion on Langebrunner and I am really hoping that it isn't a personal attack, because that kind of stuff gets you suspended here.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

Our best players need to be our best players...

#39 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:16 AM

Take a look at our new forum treasure's username.

Drop the hammer, msweet.

#40 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:17 AM

I dont get why someone would be upset over a, now ex-devil's career. Not to mention Langs is bigger in Dallas (pun not intended) then he was up here in NJ. He is a skilled player but he just didnt offer what was needed in the last year or two here. Thats fine and he should be able to go else where and prosper with his career. You guys shouldnt be sour about him at all. You shouldnt be sour about any other player that was once a Devil. Moving to a different team is part of the business. You cant judge someone just because they left NJ. He apparently has chemistry forming down there with his line mates which is great to see. Its nice to see someone jump ship intime.

Do the right thing here and be happy for the guy. Its the least you can do as a Devils fan for everything he gave us in the past.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users