97 replies to this topic

#81 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

I agree there is no need for personal insults.

Then why are you so against a banhammer threat toward someone who called another poster a "retard"?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#82 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:51 AM

i think you got that the wrong way around, we deserve better than what we got from him.

Nope. If it's one guy, maybe you have a point. When its the whole team that tunes out the coach, it's a much bigger issue.

Langs was just the scapegoat.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#83 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:00 AM

captain is not just a random guy, he effects the whole team with his attitude.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#84 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

"Retard" is actually a derogatory term. Retarded was used to define someone who had a mental disability. The it was taken out of it's context as a means of calling someone stupid. By it's very definition retarded implies that something is wrong with you. I'm not being PC, but being in the Special Education field I find it needless to use that term. Just my two cents.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#85 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:15 AM

Nope. If it's one guy, maybe you have a point. When its the whole team that tunes out the coach, it's a much bigger issue.

If you're gonna keep calling a guy the team tried to trade in the summer and couldn't wait until the deadline to get rid of a scapegoat, I'm gonna keep updating my favorite meaningless stat:

The 2010-11 Devils With Jamie Langenbrunner
6-23-2 record, 53 GF (1.71 per game), 108 GA (3.48 per game)

The 2010-11 Devils Without Jamie Langenbrunner
7-6-1 record, 37 GF (2.64 per game), 32 GA (2.29 per game)
Posted Image

#86 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

I don't know MantaRay, if I had the choice to read your posts or smell my own farts all day I'd always choose my own farts.

#87 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:57 AM

I don't know MantaRay, if I had the choice to read your posts or smell my own farts all day I'd always choose my own farts.

There is an ignore feature on here which will make his posts disappear if you really don't want to read them.

#88 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:05 PM

I know that. It's kind of in jest.

#89 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

But when the main ringleader of the mutiny is the captain naturally it's going to lead to others acting in the same douchey way. And he sure wasn't doing anything this year under MacLean on or off the ice to help the cause.

And for whatever communication or system issues Lemaire had last year, the man's been coaching for almost two decades in the NHL with a Stanley Cup for this organization. If they can't respect him they're not going to respect anyone and you especially can't tolerate a captain pulling that crap with a HOF'er and long-time coach.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 19 January 2011 - 12:25 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#90 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,552 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

I have no hard feelings towards Jamie. I'll always hate that he had trouble getting excited for the playoffs last year, but judging by the Devils' performance, it's not like he was the only one...likely the only one to admit it publicly. Sucks that things ended the way they did over this past year, but sometimes they don't end pretty, and that goes for both "good" and "bad" people...Jamie doesn't strike me as a dick, but I've never met him. I don't have the luxury of knowing every last thing that went on with Jamie last season and this one. What was clear is that it was time to move on for both parties, and both have.

And so have I...if he does well in Dallas, good for him, if he doesn't, oh well. I'm not checking out what he's doing in Dallas on a game in/game out basis, especially now that the Devils are showing a little life. I have my good memories of him, and the knowledge that he had his most productive seasons here, so that's enough for me. The only thing related to Jamie that concerns me anymore is what the Devils do with the draft pick they acquired for him.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 19 January 2011 - 12:25 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#91 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:45 PM

If you're gonna keep calling a guy the team tried to trade in the summer and couldn't wait until the deadline to get rid of a scapegoat, I'm gonna keep updating my favorite meaningless stat:

The 2010-11 Devils With Jamie Langenbrunner
6-23-2 record, 53 GF (1.71 per game), 108 GA (3.48 per game)

The 2010-11 Devils Without Jamie Langenbrunner
7-6-1 record, 37 GF (2.64 per game), 32 GA (2.29 per game)

Again, this is meaningless as other teams now see us as no threat so they play their back-ups and rest their starting goalies for competitive teams.

I am starting to think you would do this regardless these days.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#92 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,431 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:50 PM

I'm not checking out what he's doing in Dallas on a game in/game out basis, especially now that the Devils are showing a little life. I have my good memories of him, and the knowledge that he had his most productive seasons here, so that's enough for me. The only thing related to Jamie that concerns me anymore is what the Devils do with the draft pick they acquired for him.

Since Langenbrunner started playing for Dallas they are:

4-0
15 GF/ 4 GA
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#93 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,280 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:11 PM

Again, this is meaningless as other teams now see us as no threat so they play their back-ups and rest their starting goalies for competitive teams.

I am starting to think you would do this regardless these days.

Ahhh, you got me. I constantly gasmask myself! :yea:

#94 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:10 AM

Just like the other time this came up, you fail to address the fact that the Devils were brutal against backups while Jamie was here.
Posted Image

#95 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:31 AM

So guys, I came upon the the "soon to be rare" Angenbruner jersey, http://www.intjersey...ed-p-11385.html, should I grab it? LOL

Edited by jim777, 23 January 2011 - 01:32 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#96 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,197 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 01:40 AM

So guys, I came upon the the "soon to be rare" Angenbruner jersey, http://www.intjersey...ed-p-11385.html, should I grab it? LOL

:rofl:

#97 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

Since Langenbrunner started playing for Dallas they are:

4-0
15 GF/ 4 GA

What does that have to do with the fact that he may have had a poor attitude and a negative effect on OUR team?

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#98 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,500 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

Just like the other time this came up, you fail to address the fact that the Devils were brutal against backups while Jamie was here.

And we destroyed Roloson and beat Boucher with our own backup yesterday, so it ain't just about who the other team's playing.

What does that have to do with the fact that he may have had a poor attitude and a negative effect on OUR team?

Nothing. I kind of expect him to turn it around in Dallas as a player and he's not going to be as big of an influence as a leader over there, of course if he does pick up his play significantly it'll prove all the more that he was jaking it here.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 January 2011 - 08:51 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users