27 replies to this topic

#21 этотсайтебут

этотсайтебут

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

Incidental or not, it was still a hit to the head. The enforcement of the headshot rule in the NHL is embarrassingly inconsistant. I would applaud Crosby for making a stand as I would any face of the league who makes a just argument. These individuals carry much clout, and as a result can heavily impact decision making to better the league for players, officials and fans alike. Do not slam a good thing just because the effort, if real or genuine, is led by an individual you may dislke. Immaturity robs the fan-base of quality.

Edited by этотсайтебут, 18 January 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#22 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Hey Crosby, would you like some cheese with that whine?

It's fine he's standing up for himself, but he's thrown his share of cheap shots and now that he gets hurt it's an issue? Please... This is hockey, the game needs some physical edge to it.. They skate around faster than a person can run, and the players are getting bigger as training becomes more and more important so occasionally someone will get injured on a cheap shot, but I don't want hockey to lose its physical side

Incidental or not, it was still a hit to the head. The enforcement of the headshot rule in the NHL is embarrassingly inconsistant.

I agree that the league is too inconsistent
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#23 sirjohn

sirjohn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:26 PM

If it were true I might have watched the boring all-star game just for spite. I don't think Crosby will want to miss a chance to showboat in a game where he can't be hit.
The league (mostly Bettman) has already ruined the game and taken too much physicality out of it. Watch a Devils-Ranger game from 1980 and you'll see what I mean.

#24 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. If can't handle getting hit and possibly hurt, don't play hockey.

I agree that the NHL is terribly inconsistent with the way it enforces just about all of it's rules, but I can't stand to hear Crosby whine about people not being punished for for hitting him when he's hit people with a cheapshots several times in the past without punishment and he's gotten WAY more than his fair share of calls go his way when they were questionable or could go either way.

Bottom line, 99 times out of 100, he gets the better end of the deal, so does he really need to cry about the 1 in 100 where he doesn't?

#25 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

no sidney? no great loss...

Even if he don't skip the game on purpose I think this is going to be a good message for the National hockey league since their favorite player is ruled out of the All-star game due to their own stupidity.

Hits to the head are unacceptable and I don't think it really slowed down this season.Players get injured and the hitters get superficial if no punishment at all.

Edited by SS-SS, 18 January 2011 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#26 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

If it were true I might have watched the boring all-star game just for spite. I don't think Crosby will want to miss a chance to showboat in a game where he can't be hit.
The league (mostly Bettman) has already ruined the game and taken too much physicality out of it. Watch a Devils-Ranger game from 1980 and you'll see what I mean.

Was this some sort of pre-Devils prototype game?!?! :unsure:

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#27 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

^lol. That reminded me of this girl in my high school history class who tried to sound smart by making a political statement about former Pres. Bush and the war in Afghanistan by saying we weren't going to just march in and stop the fighting in the middle east, which(according to her) has been going on for millions of years...lol.

That post was obviously not that outrageously dumb, he probably meant to press the 9 and got the 8 key instead, but it reminded me of that girl.

Edited by ATLL765, 19 January 2011 - 01:29 PM.

#28 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:14 PM

Chico just said "Thats just irresponsible journalism. If Sidney wasnt going to go, he wouldnt be all passive aggressive about it."

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users