Photo

Remember the Retro Night Jerseys from 3/17/2010?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

Great jersey Ken!

I have one on the way too...for those who missed out, I promise if I ever sell it I will offer it here first.

Whos jersey will soon be in your possession?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#22 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:16 PM

Many of us were on the list in Aug/Sept/Oct. of 2009 when it was announced and still didn't make it.

ok - when i called, they said they had no information on it at the time and that i could "start" a waiting list and would be contacted.

i also recall reading that they wore 3 jerseys in that game - on each period for the purpose of auction/sale.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#23 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 08:21 PM

';

Edited by SJP20, 16 May 2011 - 06:58 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#24 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:10 PM

Didn't realize Pando got released by Springfield back in December. Must have missed that due to the holidays and the Devils being awful.

sorry, slightly off-topic, but unknown poster's avatar got me thinking.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#25 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

Congrats Ken! Awesome jersey!
Cannot wait till I get mine. Will post pics.
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#26 JWomp

JWomp

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

Whos jersey will soon be in your possession?

I was able to get the Colin White, thanks to a friend who was higher on the list and bought it for me. I am very happy, because I try to focus my collection around guys on our '03 Cup team and White was a player I had been wanting to get anyway, so picking up his retro killed two birds with one stone for my collection!

ok - when i called, they said they had no information on it at the time and that i could "start" a waiting list and would be contacted.

i also recall reading that they wore 3 jerseys in that game - on each period for the purpose of auction/sale.

I believe the original plan was to wear a different jersey each period (like Opening Night at the Rock), but something went wrong and the Devils only got enough jerseys for one set.

I have a feeling that this year, the jerseys will be auctioned. Whether it is one set that is auctioned, or three sets where one is auctioned, one is sold, etc, like the Winter Classic, will be interesting to see. But auction is my gut feeling. I could be wrong, of course, because MeiGray surprised me by selling the '10 retros instead of sending them to auction, where they would have probably made more money. It was a great gesture on their part to sell to the request list.
Check out my Devils game used memorabilia collection: http://community.web...user/TJordan522

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users