#41 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:36 AM

And flying like an airplane? :P

Actually, I think Saints made reference to that bridge somewhere here on this forum. :blink: I'm so stupid!

Edited by poohbear, 31 January 2004 - 10:37 AM.

Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

#42 Unholygoalie

Unholygoalie

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 10:43 AM

Not stupid....

enlightened.
THEHT
WHOHM

#43 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:09 AM

OK, not stupid. Except, when it comes to history. I REALLY sucked at history. I used to fall asleep in class. I had a SUPREMELY boring history teacher in 6th? grade that used to just drone on and on in a very monotone voice. I sat right in the front row and would pass out with my head on the desk, right in front of him. Ever have a teacher like that? The only teacher I learned history from was in twelfth grade. Mr. Ruggerio! :wub: Tight jeans and always a skinny black leather tie. He was hot! And, yes, I learned from him. History! He made it fun. We shot nerf hoops to earn points towards tests. Had to answer history questions to get a shot. It was cool! Had him for Westward Expansion, though, so that doesn't help with European history.

God, where'd that come from? :huh:

Nevermind. :unsure:

Edited by poohbear, 31 January 2004 - 11:10 AM.

#44 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:19 AM

History teacher ?
that's what I'm folks :P

Tight jean ok... but i haven't a skinny black leather tie :P
(I have others... but hid )

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,688 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:25 AM

I had an obnoxiious French guy teaching us Calc III (no offense to other French-people
on the board) but anytime you'd ask a question he'd turn and laugh at you from the
chalk board :P ... needless to say I dropped the class... and ended up NEVER passing
it cause he was the only guy teaching it :argh:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#46 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 11:43 AM

Really, Moustic?!? ;)

See, this is the crap that sticks in my mind. That's why there's no room for more important things. Gotta clear it and make room for Devils trivia! :argh: :evil:

I kinda feel like I'm filling in for PK today. Crazy tangents and all! :P

Edited by poohbear, 31 January 2004 - 01:19 PM.

#47 The Saints Nijmegen

The Saints Nijmegen

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:24 PM

Operation Marketgarden was a plan by the British during WW2 to sieze the Nijmegen bridge in Arnhem with paratroopers. Unfortunately, they landed on a refitted SS division, and had a pretty rough go at it. How this relates to hockey, I'll never know. But I work the night shift, and I'm  done after a Hellish night.          Plus now I'm loaded like a freight train. :rolling:

I was explaining where i'm coming frome and wenn i say Nijmegen the most people don't know it. But wenn i say the bridge of Nijmegen in the movie a bridge to far then they know it. Nijmegen is known by 2 thinks the movie and the four days march with a week long summerfest. That's how the movie came in this discusion sorry when you don't like it. But good that you know it :D

Edited by The Saints Nijmegen, 31 January 2004 - 08:26 PM.

#48 The Saints Nijmegen

The Saints Nijmegen

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 08:55 PM

Operation Marketgarden was a plan by the British during WW2 to sieze the Nijmegen bridge in Arnhem with paratroopers.

only one think, say never to somebody from Nijmegen that the Nijmegen bridge is in Arnhem Posted Image that's like saying to a english men that he is scotish.
Nijmegen has is own bridge going over the River the "Waal" and Arnhem Posted Image has is own bridge going over the "Rijn". Before the Brits could take the bridge of Arnhem they had to take first the bridge of Grave and the Nijmeegse bridge so they came from the south and went over the briges to the north. but no more history now.

I just came back from a game in Tilburg and we won with 4-5 Posted Image

Can any one tell me if there is a web site where you can see full NHL games? we have this with soccer you pay some money and you can see the game live on the internet or wenn your working during the game after the game is finished. i hope they have something like that in the NHL i could see the games than with my team mates

There is only one good thing about Arnhem and that's the bus leaving to Nijmegen Posted Image

Edited by The Saints Nijmegen, 31 January 2004 - 08:58 PM.

#49 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 09:12 PM

I was explaining where i'm coming frome and wenn i say Nijmegen the most people don't know it. But wenn i say the bridge of Nijmegen in the movie a bridge to far then they know it. Nijmegen is known by 2 thinks the movie and the four days march with a week long summerfest. That's how the movie came in this discusion sorry when you don't like it. But good that you know it :D

Aww, Saints, he wasn't saying that about you. He was saying he didn't know why HE was telling it. :P He didn't know you had said that somewhere else. He was just enlightening ME. :rolleyes: OK?

#50 The Saints Nijmegen

The Saints Nijmegen

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 09:11 AM

Aww, Saints, he wasn't saying that about you. He was saying he didn't know why HE was telling it. :P He didn't know you had said that somewhere else. He was just enlightening ME. :rolleyes: OK?

I'm not angry :D i'm jsut explaining why i just the movie "a bridge to far" ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users