106 replies to this topic

#101 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

Edmonton lost their game, unfortunately they did so in the shootout, still acquiring the loser point.

We're 1 point behind them, 2 back of the Isles.

By the ASG, we'll be even games wise, so I'll be pulling for regulation wins by the Yotes and Stars, Pitt & the Canes, and us to dominate vs. Detroit.

Gotta start climbing the ladder out of the basement somewhere.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#102 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:35 AM

I am just waiting for the next early post...LGD!!!

#103 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,511 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

+1

He's no longer taking the puck up ice by himself and trying to dangle 1 against 3.. He's saying "Screw my stats. Whatever helps the team is fine by me" so he's drawing the defense towards himself and then dishing it out to the open man.. Great thing is, if the defense backs off him to guard against the pass, he just rips it home

His numbers are approaching respectability over his last 21 GP: 9 G and 9 A. Still not quite what you'd hope for from Ilya, but definitely much better. And he's showing a commitment to improving other aspects of his game.

Who knows how long this surge will last, but it is fun to watch. The Devils look like a real hockey team again.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#104 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

The Devils are now .500 (7-7-1) under Lemaire this season.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#105 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:41 AM

The Devils are now .500 (7-7-1) under Lemaire this season.

13 wins away from climbing out of the Johnny Mac hole.

its kinda funny how a few weeks ago, we were just hoping for loser points, and people were saying the only way to come back were wins and loser points, no regulation losses... 7 games later and there's some light at the end of the tunnel.

and you're 100% right, 1976, Kovy is definitely grasping the team concept and by doing so, he's actually IMPROVING his points output.

Go Devs, fry the Wings. I'll have mine Buffalo flavored.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#106 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,765 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 11:41 AM

His numbers are approaching respectability over his last 21 GP: 9 G and 9 A. Still not quite what you'd hope for from Ilya, but definitely much better. And he's showing a commitment to improving other aspects of his game.

Who knows how long this surge will last, but it is fun to watch. The Devils look like a real hockey team again.

i am pretty sure that 9 G and 9 A in 21 games is about what you can expect out of kovalchuk given that the devils don't draw sh!t for penalties. i don't think they're on pace to set a record anymore (and somehow ottawa is just as bad), but they draw barely over 3 penalties a game. when kovalchuk led the league in PPG with 27, the thrashers drew 6.5 penalties a game.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#107 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Was at the game had a blast and my date did as well. The team is starting to play as a unit. The crowd was into the game there were chants going on throughout the building.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users