#21 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:12 AM

Kovalchuks bobblehead in the team store has a stubble mustache

Theres a Kovy bobblehead in the team store?

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#22 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:04 AM

Maybe they are not shaving between regulation losses...

#23 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:19 AM

do we really wanna look like the flyers?

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#24 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:05 AM

would be fun to hear a trade talk between Lou, Murray and Parros agent about trading Parros to NJ...

too tired to put a scenario together but feel free guys lol

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:51 AM

This fits just right: Top 5 NHL Playoff Beards of the Last 10 Years. Can't believe Dano isn't there, but Commodore and, of course, Scotty Nieds are good, too.

#26 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

Theres a Kovy bobblehead in the team store?

Yeah I saw it, gotta snag it myself.
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#27 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

Nieds post-Devils play iff beard is repulsive. He looks like a total jerkoff. Maybe he felt all Yule Gibbons but he looked like a self-sustaining cult leader. Everything Niedermayer does that bugs the sh!t out of me Stevens does right. Stevens is Dick Proenneke to Neids's Christopher McCandless.

I'm here for the party

#28 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 09:09 AM

I think it has more to do with unity than anything else. Everyone wears a helmet during warmups, everyone -- whether you're NHL, AHL or ECHL -- plays for a team called the Devils, everyone wears a suit and tie on the road, everyone is clean shaven.

It's all that "no individual is bigger than the team" thing. Lou's big into that kind of stuff.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#29 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

I think it has more to do with unity than anything else. Everyone wears a helmet during warmups, everyone -- whether you're NHL, AHL or ECHL -- plays for a team called the Devils, everyone wears a suit and tie on the road, everyone is clean shaven.

It's all that "no individual is bigger than the team" thing. Lou's big into that kind of stuff.

If "everyone wearing a helmet" and everyone shaving is some important resemblance of team unity than that is absurd. That doesn't make or break team unity. It is way beyond that. The rule is stupid, and if it is still in place I expect it to die like many other ridiculous things/rules in this organization once LL is finally gone....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#30 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

Ahh 3cups... so much for you to learn. Maybe you won't grasp the "no facial hair rule," as silly and trivial as it is -- but you will one day understand how much weight the seemingly trivial often has.

I'm here for the party

#31 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

Ahh 3cups... so much for you to learn. Maybe you won't grasp the "no facial hair rule," as silly and trivial as it is -- but you will one day understand how much weight the seemingly trivial often has.

So you are going to honestly come on this board and tell me that the no facial hair rule means something?!!? It certainly hasn't equated to any postseason success in the past 7 years.... Please inform me oh wise one....What good does this ridiculous rule do?

#32 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

So you are going to honestly come on this board and tell me that the no facial hair rule means something?!!? It certainly hasn't equated to any postseason success in the past 7 years.... Please inform me oh wise one....What good does this ridiculous rule do?

It infuriates fans who have nothing better to talk about.

In seriousness though, lots of team-building exercises -- from boot camp to fraternity pledging -- involve the individuals shedding their individuality while working to become one as a unit. Same clothes, same haircuts, same facial hair (or lack thereof), etc. can all be a part of that. It isn't uncommon.

What would be weird would be if a guy like Lou didn't try to implement stuff like this.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#33 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:30 PM

When you're in charge of something you get to set the policies. It's a belief system. We can speculate all day on why or why not, but clearly LL wants his team to act in certain ways that are within his discretion.

you have your opinion that it is ridiculous. Clearly there are several organizations in different spots that feel differently. That's their prerogative.

#34 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,279 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

This rule has been around longer than I can remember. Why is it irking people only now?

#35 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

I'd have to have the barber or someone else shave my stubble. I'm too lazy to shave it myself. I'd constantly be written up.

That rule was the worst rule ever. I hope it's gone. Poor Johnny Oduya had to keep his awesome beard at bay in NJ, no wonder he's happy in Atlanta.

Johnny Oduya would look like Kyp Malone by now

Posted Image

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#36 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

Its like football players with hair that covers their name plate on their jerseys. :rolleyes:

If it doesnt effect the play....big deal. Saying ofcourse that you dont end up like Billy Gibbons.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#37 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,025 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 06:00 PM

This rule has been around longer than I can remember. Why is it irking people only now?

Because the team is winning so people need something to complain about?

(I do think it's a pointless rule, though...)
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#38 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:00 PM

I've always thought it was dumb, I just would never talk about it unless there was an existing thread on it

#39 CAdevsfan

CAdevsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:08 AM

do we really wanna look like the flyers?

This was my first thought too. Personally I think the NHL should mandate each Flyers player go into full werewolf mode to cover up those ugly mugs. Can only be an improvement.

#40 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

How bout they make the playoffs and they can grow all the facial hair they want
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users