"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#42 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:53 PM

I live here in South FL, But up til 7 years ago spent my entire life in N. Jersey I went to the Devils vs Panther game here in FL and was fortunate enought to run into Mattias Tedenby who was eating along with Matt Corrente in the Lexus Lounge area, I did not want to be rude but did say a quick hello, one thing about every NJ Devils player I have met in person they could not have been better dressed (exception Slava Fetisov, man where did he come up with those suits) and more courteous to there fans. I can not say that about other teams players.

#43 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:12 PM

I live here in South FL, But up til 7 years ago spent my entire life in N. Jersey I went to the Devils vs Panther game here in FL and was fortunate enought to run into Mattias Tedenby who was eating along with Matt Corrente in the Lexus Lounge area, I did not want to be rude but did say a quick hello, one thing about every NJ Devils player I have met in person they could not have been better dressed (exception Slava Fetisov, man where did he come up with those suits) and more courteous to there fans. I can not say that about other teams players.

I guess you have never had the "pleasure" of running into Marty.... :rofl:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#44 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

I guess you have never had the "pleasure" of running into Marty.... :rofl:

I did once, again here in South FL maybe its the weather but he did not say much but was pleasent. I have been out with some Panthers fans and have run into some of their players years back, it was not a pleasent experience. Maybe it is just me but New Jersey just seems to have a much more profesional feeling about their players..IMO
I used to go eat at Dano's Restaraunt I think it was Bela Note, he used to come around and greet each table.

#45 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I did once, again here in South FL maybe its the weather but he did not say much but was pleasent. I have been out with some Panthers fans and have run into some of their players years back, it was not a pleasent experience. Maybe it is just me but New Jersey just seems to have a much more profesional feeling about their players..IMO
I used to go eat at Dano's Restaraunt I think it was Bela Note, he used to come around and greet each table.

LOL, it was Mezzanotte

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#46 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

Well of course it wasn't pleasant. The Panthers are superstars that have a rabid fan base. Duh!

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#47 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

I met Marty once...his son had a game down here in South Jersey and he was in the stands with some woman who was speaking french...I had my Devils jersey on and I went up and shook his hand, and he signed my jersey. He seemed cool with it but the woman? A total bitch. However, this was several years ago...his son got a shutout though.

#48 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

I met Martin Sheen once here at this little touristy site we call "Old Town". He was sitting on a bench with his shoes off with a woman. They were very nice and we all took pictures. Martin Sheen has a huge head.

mk6ihcS.gif?1

#49 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:20 PM

I met Martin Sheen once here at this little touristy site we call "Old Town". He was sitting on a bench with his shoes off with a woman. They were very nice and we all took pictures. Martin Sheen has a huge head.

Forget Martin Sheen, I wanna run into Charlie! It is funny that he just plays himself on Two and A Half Men, and gets paid big buck$ to do it!

#50 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

I ran into Keanu Reeves the other day, but he wouldn't even say hello - he seemed kinda sad, in fact.

Posted Image

#51 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:09 PM

LOL, it was Mezzanotte

It was Mezzanote..lol Great Food little pricey but you get what you pay for!!!!!
He had the Cup there in 2000, Parking lot party.

#52 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

The lack of a No Facial Hair policy doesn't seem to negatively affect the Red Wings organization. ... Just saying.

#53 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

To care about the facial hair on the hockey players in your organization shows a scary lack of ability to prioritize.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#54 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,993 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

To care about a pro hockey team when your country is at war shows an even scarier lack of ability to prioritize.

Give me a break with that crap.

#55 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

To care about a pro hockey team when your country is at war shows an even scarier lack of ability to prioritize.

Give me a break with that crap.

Give me a break with your crap. I guess we should shut down this board and give the money it takes to run it to the military. I'll never buy another hockey ticket again and donate all of my money to charity. I'll sell my house and donate that money to the needy and live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Why do you have internet when our country is at war? Take the money you use to subscribe to an internet service and give it to the needy. Never watch another Devils game and spend all your time volunteering to help those who need it.

Cut the sh!t; you're no better than anyone else here. Of course everything can be broken down into only bare necessities so everything else looks unnecessary; the argument has been made a zillion times.

What do you want me to do? Stop watching the Devils and go end the war? Sorry that I'm not up to your moral standards Mr. High-and-Mighty.

Edit: Are you going to go into every thread and post what you just said? Because it could be applied to every discussion that is had here. The best part of your comment is its hypocrisy, coming from someone with over 3000 posts on this board. I know that I have that many also, but I'm not the one making your argument.

What will the lines be next game? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.
Who should we sign in the offseason? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.
Who should coach the team next year? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.
How many points out of the playoffs are we? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Come on, enough with the morality sh!t.

Edited by devils26, 27 January 2011 - 12:07 AM.

Posted Image

#56 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:07 AM

I'm confused. Do people watch hockey for the facial hair? Or for the hockey? Maybe my priorities are out of whack ...
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#57 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

I'm confused. Do people watch hockey for the facial hair? Or for the hockey? Maybe my priorities are out of whack ...

It doesn't matter, our country is at war; '95Crash' doesn't allow us to talk about anything else.

Edited by devils26, 27 January 2011 - 12:10 AM.

Posted Image

#58 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:19 AM

Give me a break with your crap. I guess we should shut down this board and give the money it takes to run it to the military. I'll never buy another hockey ticket again and donate all of my money to charity. I'll sell my house and donate that money to the needy and live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Why do you have internet when our country is at war? Take the money you use to subscribe to an internet service and give it to the needy. Never watch another Devils game and spend all your time volunteering to help those who need it.

Cut the sh!t; you're no better than anyone else here. Of course everything can be broken down into only bare necessities so everything else looks unnecessary; the argument has been made a zillion times.

What do you want me to do? Stop watching the Devils and go end the war? Sorry that I'm not up to your moral standards Mr. High-and-Mighty.

Edit: Are you going to go into every thread and post what you just said? Because it could be applied to every discussion that is had here. The best part of your comment is its hypocrisy, coming from someone with over 3000 posts on this board. I know that I have that many also, but I'm not the one making your argument.

What will the lines be next game? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.
Who should we sign in the offseason? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.
Who should coach the team next year? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.
How many points out of the playoffs are we? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Come on, enough with the morality sh!t.

+1 for sure. Taking your Devils prioritizing comment and then posting the military thing is lunacy. Like you said, the war statement could be applied to anything, gimme a break guy.....

#59 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,815 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 09:33 AM

It's a Lombardi Concept... "we treat you first class, the best provisions, hotels and flights...we expect, no we demand, you be first class back"

It's really not THAT difficult a concept..... though it does make for VINTAGE NJDevs :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#60 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

I don't want to put words in 95Crash's mouth, but I'm pretty sure dude was being sarcastic to prove a point.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users