screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#62 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:25 PM

I met Martin Sheen once here at this little touristy site we call "Old Town". He was sitting on a bench with his shoes off with a woman. They were very nice and we all took pictures. Martin Sheen has a huge head.

and he's teeny ain't he? He always acts all hysterical jovial and desperate and stuff. It's exhausting just to be in the same room with the man.

I'm here for the party

#63 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

I'm confused. Do people watch hockey for the facial hair? Or for the hockey? Maybe my priorities are out of whack ...

Wait a minute, do you mean to tell me that my autographed George Parros hockey stick might not bring me big bucks on eBay? Or that Lanny McDonald really isn't a hockey god? ... shhiiiiittt!

I don't want to put words in 95Crash's mouth, but I'm pretty sure dude was being sarcastic to prove a point.

Apparently I'm not too good at it.

d26: The point I was trying to make is that just because I happen to think the Devils no-beard-and-mustaches rule is lame, it doesn't necessarily mean that I think it's the top issue of the day or that my priorities are out of whack.

Edited by 95Crash, 27 January 2011 - 10:38 PM.

#64 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:25 PM

though it does make for VINTAGE NJDevs :P

Kudos to you. The other cole miner fans out there appreciate that post haha

#65 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:12 PM

+1 for sure. Taking your Devils prioritizing comment and then posting the military thing is lunacy. Like you said, the war statement could be applied to anything, gimme a break guy.....

Apparently '95Crash' wasn't trying to imply what you or I thought he was, which makes sense because '95Crash' has been a pretty good guy around these boards.

d26: The point I was trying to make is that just because I happen to think the Devils no-beard-and-mustaches rule is lame, it doesn't necessarily mean that I think it's the top issue of the day or that my priorities are out of whack.

I was never implying that anybody on this board had priorities that are out whack. What I was saying is that I assume if a no facial hair rule exists, it came from Lou, and I wish Lou would worry about other issues instead of something as trivial as facial hair.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#66 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

Apparently '95Crash' wasn't trying to imply what you or I thought he was, which makes sense because '95Crash' has been a pretty good guy around these boards.

I was never implying that anybody on this board had priorities that are out whack. What I was saying is that I assume if a no facial hair rule exists, it came from Lou, and I wish Lou would worry about other issues instead of something as trivial as facial hair.

So then, I guess we both misunderstood each other ... and provided everyone with some entertainment for a brief moment.

:doh1:

#67 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 01:49 PM

It's attention to details that is the whole purpose of the facial hair rule Kinda like all the stupid rider clauses that some bands have (no brown m&m's for I think van halen). If you don't follow the facial hair rule(a small detail for sure), (or the brown m&m's) what other small (or larger) details are you missing?

some companies allow jeans on casual friday, some don't. Some places alow sneakers, some don't.

I'd bet that more discussion of the facial hair rule has occurred in this thread than Lou has had about it over the last 20 years so I'm not sure what other issues he hasn't gotten around to.

It's not like this team has had a Don Mattingly sideburns indecent.

Joe
Joe

#68 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:10 PM

It's attention to details that is the whole purpose of the facial hair rule Kinda like all the stupid rider clauses that some bands have (no brown m&m's for I think van halen). If you don't follow the facial hair rule(a small detail for sure), (or the brown m&m's) what other small (or larger) details are you missing?

some companies allow jeans on casual friday, some don't. Some places alow sneakers, some don't.

I'd bet that more discussion of the facial hair rule has occurred in this thread than Lou has had about it over the last 20 years so I'm not sure what other issues he hasn't gotten around to.

It's not like this team has had a Don Mattingly sideburns indecent.

Joe

I think you could take this line of thinking and make a somewhat opposite argument. If you're paying attention to this non-hockey related small detail, what other small, non-hockey related details are you wasting your time caring about? And I don't know how much time Lou has spent thinking about the facial hair rule; I actually do genuinely wonder.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#69 TheRadHeedan

TheRadHeedan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

Lou was going to abolish the facial hair rule.. but then he saw Crosby's mustache

#70 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,090 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

What is the matter with you people??? Don't you realize the playoffs have already started?!?!? Except this time the Devils can't lose 4 games ALL TOGETHER in the next 33! Hell they may have to run the table to get in. Therefore they should be allowed to wear their playoff beards now and make it happen!!

WOOOO!!!!!!!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#71 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,076 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:33 PM

lol at Masked. It always made little sense to me that they had to go corporate in the regular season then followed lockstep with the hockey tradition like everyone else during the playoffs. Then again I guess Lou's more superstitious than he is set against facial hair :P

It doesn't really matter to me though and I suspect it isn't that big a deal in the locker room though guys like Gionta and Nieds couldn't wait to pile on the facial hair when they left :lol: Of course Paul Martin was probably ****ting bricks when he had to grow a stache after losing the shootout competition in Pittsburgh.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 January 2011 - 11:35 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#72 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,938 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I see Daneyko has his old goatee going as well...so I guess the rule doesn't extend to on air personalities.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#73 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

I see Daneyko has his old goatee going as well...so I guess the rule doesn't extend to on air personalities.

And Chico has always had his 'stache. I guess his contract was grandfathered in.

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users