Devils rule on facial hair

JWomp

To care about a pro hockey team when your country is at war shows an even scarier lack of ability to prioritize.

Give me a break with that crap.

Give me a break with your crap. I guess we should shut down this board and give the money it takes to run it to the military. I'll never buy another hockey ticket again and donate all of my money to charity. I'll sell my house and donate that money to the needy and live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Why do you have internet when our country is at war? Take the money you use to subscribe to an internet service and give it to the needy. Never watch another Devils game and spend all your time volunteering to help those who need it.

Cut the sh!t; you're no better than anyone else here. Of course everything can be broken down into only bare necessities so everything else looks unnecessary; the argument has been made a zillion times.

What do you want me to do? Stop watching the Devils and go end the war? Sorry that I'm not up to your moral standards Mr. High-and-Mighty.

Edit: Are you going to go into every thread and post what you just said? Because it could be applied to every discussion that is had here. The best part of your comment is its hypocrisy, coming from someone with over 3000 posts on this board. I know that I have that many also, but I'm not the one making your argument.

What will the lines be next game? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Who should we sign in the offseason? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Who should coach the team next year? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

How many points out of the playoffs are we? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Come on, enough with the morality sh!t.

Edited by devils26

Give me a break with your crap. I guess we should shut down this board and give the money it takes to run it to the military. I'll never buy another hockey ticket again and donate all of my money to charity. I'll sell my house and donate that money to the needy and live in a 1 bedroom apartment. Why do you have internet when our country is at war? Take the money you use to subscribe to an internet service and give it to the needy. Never watch another Devils game and spend all your time volunteering to help those who need it.

Cut the sh!t; you're no better than anyone else here. Of course everything can be broken down into only bare necessities so everything else looks unnecessary; the argument has been made a zillion times.

What do you want me to do? Stop watching the Devils and go end the war? Sorry that I'm not up to your moral standards Mr. High-and-Mighty.

Edit: Are you going to go into every thread and post what you just said? Because it could be applied to every discussion that is had here. The best part of your comment is its hypocrisy, coming from someone with over 3000 posts on this board. I know that I have that many also, but I'm not the one making your argument.

What will the lines be next game? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Who should we sign in the offseason? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Who should coach the team next year? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

How many points out of the playoffs are we? It doesn't matter our country is in a war.

Come on, enough with the morality sh!t.

+1 for sure. Taking your Devils prioritizing comment and then posting the military thing is lunacy. Like you said, the war statement could be applied to anything, gimme a break guy.....

It's a Lombardi Concept... "we treat you first class, the best provisions, hotels and flights...we expect, no we demand, you be first class back"

It's really not THAT difficult a concept..... though it does make for VINTAGE NJDevs :P

I met Martin Sheen once here at this little touristy site we call "Old Town". He was sitting on a bench with his shoes off with a woman. They were very nice and we all took pictures. Martin Sheen has a huge head.

and he's teeny ain't he? He always acts all hysterical jovial and desperate and stuff. It's exhausting just to be in the same room with the man.

I'm confused. Do people watch hockey for the facial hair? Or for the hockey? Maybe my priorities are out of whack ...

Wait a minute, do you mean to tell me that my autographed George Parros hockey stick might not bring me big bucks on eBay? Or that Lanny McDonald really isn't a hockey god? ... shhiiiiittt!

I don't want to put words in 95Crash's mouth, but I'm pretty sure dude was being sarcastic to prove a point.

Apparently I'm not too good at it.

d26: The point I was trying to make is that just because I happen to think the Devils no-beard-and-mustaches rule is lame, it doesn't necessarily mean that I think it's the top issue of the day or that my priorities are out of whack.

Edited by 95Crash

+1 for sure. Taking your Devils prioritizing comment and then posting the military thing is lunacy. Like you said, the war statement could be applied to anything, gimme a break guy.....

Apparently '95Crash' wasn't trying to imply what you or I thought he was, which makes sense because '95Crash' has been a pretty good guy around these boards.

d26: The point I was trying to make is that just because I happen to think the Devils no-beard-and-mustaches rule is lame, it doesn't necessarily mean that I think it's the top issue of the day or that my priorities are out of whack.

I was never implying that anybody on this board had priorities that are out whack. What I was saying is that I assume if a no facial hair rule exists, it came from Lou, and I wish Lou would worry about other issues instead of something as trivial as facial hair.

Apparently '95Crash' wasn't trying to imply what you or I thought he was, which makes sense because '95Crash' has been a pretty good guy around these boards.

I was never implying that anybody on this board had priorities that are out whack. What I was saying is that I assume if a no facial hair rule exists, it came from Lou, and I wish Lou would worry about other issues instead of something as trivial as facial hair.

So then, I guess we both misunderstood each other ... and provided everyone with some entertainment for a brief moment.

:doh1:

It's attention to details that is the whole purpose of the facial hair rule Kinda like all the stupid rider clauses that some bands have (no brown m&m's for I think van halen). If you don't follow the facial hair rule(a small detail for sure), (or the brown m&m's) what other small (or larger) details are you missing?

some companies allow jeans on casual friday, some don't. Some places alow sneakers, some don't.

I'd bet that more discussion of the facial hair rule has occurred in this thread than Lou has had about it over the last 20 years so I'm not sure what other issues he hasn't gotten around to.

It's not like this team has had a Don Mattingly sideburns indecent.

Joe

It's attention to details that is the whole purpose of the facial hair rule Kinda like all the stupid rider clauses that some bands have (no brown m&m's for I think van halen). If you don't follow the facial hair rule(a small detail for sure), (or the brown m&m's) what other small (or larger) details are you missing?

some companies allow jeans on casual friday, some don't. Some places alow sneakers, some don't.

I'd bet that more discussion of the facial hair rule has occurred in this thread than Lou has had about it over the last 20 years so I'm not sure what other issues he hasn't gotten around to.

It's not like this team has had a Don Mattingly sideburns indecent.

Joe

I think you could take this line of thinking and make a somewhat opposite argument. If you're paying attention to this non-hockey related small detail, what other small, non-hockey related details are you wasting your time caring about? And I don't know how much time Lou has spent thinking about the facial hair rule; I actually do genuinely wonder.

What is the matter with you people??? Don't you realize the playoffs have already started?!?!? Except this time the Devils can't lose 4 games ALL TOGETHER in the next 33! Hell they may have to run the table to get in. Therefore they should be allowed to wear their playoff beards now and make it happen!!

WOOOO!!!!!!!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!

lol at Masked. It always made little sense to me that they had to go corporate in the regular season then followed lockstep with the hockey tradition like everyone else during the playoffs. Then again I guess Lou's more superstitious than he is set against facial hair :P

It doesn't really matter to me though and I suspect it isn't that big a deal in the locker room though guys like Gionta and Nieds couldn't wait to pile on the facial hair when they left :lol: Of course Paul Martin was probably ****ting bricks when he had to grow a stache after losing the shootout competition in Pittsburgh.

Edited by NJDevs4978