36 replies to this topic

#21 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,918 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Are you kidding me??? I used to live on Washington/5th and ate at Michealina's once every two months.

Your best bet apparently is Grimaldi's on Washington and 4th.

My friends live pretty much above Michaelina, haha. That's how I got to going there - I'd never tried anything off Washington before they moved there. It's pretty sweet when it's a busy night and they have a waiting list to be able to go to their apartment and have some wine until they call us. :lol:

I don't think I've ever been to Grimaldi's, but I pass it all the time. I'll check it out next time I'm up there, hopefully this weekend.

Cafe Michaelina one of my favorites......

And in order on importance to me:

La Isla
Sri Thai
Benny T's
Imposto's
Fiore's
Gas Light

Once upon a time Carlos Bakery, but now f'em for making Hoboken a tourist's first stop before going to Times Sq

Oh god, I forgot about Sri Thai. Absolutely love that place as well. Empire Coffee & Tea is pretty sweet as well, I've spent hours there working on articles and such. I've been meaning to get to La Isla and Gas Light forever but never made it to either.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:58 PM

you guys are so cute!

I'm here for the party

#23 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

Love that the guys are in Hudson County. Where has Kovy been playing hockey in JC; Pershing Field?

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,458 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:28 PM

Cafe Michaelina one of my favorites......

And in order on importance to me:

La Isla
Sri Thai
Benny T's
Imposto's
Fiore's
Gas Light

Once upon a time Carlos Bakery, but now f'em for making Hoboken a tourist's first stop before going to Times Sq

Are you Bokenite?

Same list for me:

Maxwell's
Ali Baba
Robongi
Anthony David's
Amanda's
Benny's

My friends live pretty much above Michaelina, haha. That's how I got to going there - I'd never tried anything off Washington before they moved there. It's pretty sweet when it's a busy night and they have a waiting list to be able to go to their apartment and have some wine until they call us. :lol:

I don't think I've ever been to Grimaldi's, but I pass it all the time. I'll check it out next time I'm up there, hopefully this weekend.

Oh god, I forgot about Sri Thai. Absolutely love that place as well. Empire Coffee & Tea is pretty sweet as well, I've spent hours there working on articles and such. I've been meaning to get to La Isla and Gas Light forever but never made it to either.

I recommended Grimaldi's only because in the article it seems that players all mention it individually.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

Its funny they mention the places, I have only every seen the guys out eating at two places in Newark, BCBG and Scullys. I find myself wondering if they have ever traveled farther than two blocks from the arena to eat.

#26 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

Nice read. I've only been to Hoboken once and that was for a Devils viewing party last season. Can't remember the name of the bar, but it was a fun place. I'd love to go again.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#27 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,918 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

Nice read. I've only been to Hoboken once and that was for a Devils viewing party last season. Can't remember the name of the bar, but it was a fun place. I'd love to go again.

Mike

Viewing parties in Hoboken were pretty much limited to Black Bear Bar & Grill and Hoboken Bar & Grill. And I think the only one at Black Bear was pre-season. So, odds are you were at Hoboken Bar & Grill, which is an excellent place, though a little small for the viewing parties.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,458 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

Viewing parties in Hoboken were pretty much limited to Black Bear Bar & Grill and Hoboken Bar & Grill. And I think the only one at Black Bear was pre-season. So, odds are you were at Hoboken Bar & Grill, which is an excellent place, though a little small for the viewing parties.

Actually, Black Bear has held at least three regular season games last year. Does Dano own a piece of the HB&G? I know he is a partner at a gym near the Curling Club

Edited by MantaRay, 26 January 2011 - 02:15 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:17 PM

You might be right about that. The place was pretty small. So small in fact that the band they hired after the game was playing right behind my seat.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,918 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

You might be right about that. The place was pretty small. So small in fact that the band they hired after the game was playing right behind my seat.

Mike

Yeah, that was the place. I was working that game, in fact. I think it was Devils at Panthers.

#31 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,918 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

Actually, Black Bear has held at least three regular season games last year. Does Dano own a piece of the HB&G? I know he is a partner at a gym near the Curling Club

I was under the impression that HB&G had some kind of official ties to the Devils, an alumni ownership connection or something like that, so I'm sure it's possible. I could also be entirely wrong, though.

If there were regular season games at Black Bear B&G last year, I didn't work any of them, then. Usually I keep my eyes peeled for Hoboken-area Viewing Parties to work for convenience sake, but it's possible I missed a few.

#32 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, that was the place. I was working that game, in fact. I think it was Devils at Panthers.

I think your right. They gave out Elias, Marty and Kovi signed pucks. I was kicking myself for being to scared to try the trivia cause I stink at trivia, yet I knew all the answers. Would have loved the Marty for my Brodeur collection.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 04:52 PM

Are you Bokenite?

I was for many years, but I'm in Monmouth County now. I try an make it back as often as possible for the food.

I've been meaning to get to La Isla and Gas Light forever but never made it to either.

Last place I lived in Hoboken was right across from Gas Light & Fiore's. My wife and I were weekly fixtures at La Isla. If you are going to prioritize, I'd do La Isla first

#34 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

They had a viewing party at the Biergarten here in Jersey City. It did really well and they seem to like that place because of the sheer amount of people it holds and its a great atmosphere.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,458 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

I was for many years, but I'm in Monmouth County now. I try an make it back as often as possible for the food.

Last place I lived in Hoboken was right across from Gas Light & Fiore's. My wife and I were weekly fixtures at La Isla. If you are going to prioritize, I'd do La Isla first

Everyone just raves about La Isla, I will push this to the top of my list.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

They had a viewing party at the Biergarten here in Jersey City. It did really well and they seem to like that place because of the sheer amount of people it holds and its a great atmosphere.

Been there once before. Friends work in JC and I met up with them after work a year ago and watched the Devils/Pens over tall mugs of beer and sausage. I liked the place and need to get back there.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Kovy lives by the W in hobo. He's come to open hockey too in jersey city

Wait a minute... Kovy plays open hockey in Jersey City? That's insane. Also, wouldn't there be something in his contract that says he's not allowed to (for fear of injury)?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users