17 replies to this topic

#1 madams9

madams9

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:58 PM

has anybody watched the HBO 4 part special 24/7 Pens/Caps? I missed it until after the winter classic and just finished it up last night. It was a pretty good series worth the time to watch.

#2 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:05 PM

I watched it and liked it. Wanted to see more Semin though.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#3 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,161 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:10 PM

I watched it and liked it. Wanted to see more Semin though.

...I'll resist making an inappropriate sexual joke here.

But yeah, I liked the series a lot. Shame one will never be done on the Devils like this though.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#4 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

has anybody watched the HBO 4 part special 24/7 Pens/Caps? I missed it until after the winter classic and just finished it up last night. It was a pretty good series worth the time to watch.

That was the greatest hockey footage ever. Graphic and the sound was like being on the ice.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#5 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

...I'll resist making an inappropriate sexual joke here.

Hahah, come on you can do it.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#6 madams9

madams9

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 04:06 PM

That was the greatest hockey footage ever. Graphic and the sound was like being on the ice.

I definetly enjoyed it. The comedy of things that gets said on the ice is awesome

#7 deb4te

deb4te

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

Wanted to see more Semin though.

that's what she said. AMIRITE? LOL
LET'S GO DEVILS!!!
</br>Posted Image

#8 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:24 PM

Best damn hockey documentary -if you want to classify it as that- I've ever seen.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#9 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:39 PM

I hope they could continue this and do another 4 part special next year. On Puck Daddy Radio they discussed who should be covered next...one idea I liked was to follow the Islanders and Coyotes around. We saw two teams that are doing it the right way with the Pens and Caps...it would be interesting to see the inner workings of two teams who haven't had the best management and have had a pretty rocky history over the last decade.
Posted Image Posted Image

#10 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:36 PM

I thought it was fantastic, a great insight into the game for folks who wouldn't otherwise be watching the greatest sport there is. And Coach Bruce was awesome

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#11 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

I hope they could continue this and do another 4 part special next year. On Puck Daddy Radio they discussed who should be covered next...one idea I liked was to follow the Islanders and Coyotes around. We saw two teams that are doing it the right way with the Pens and Caps...it would be interesting to see the inner workings of two teams who haven't had the best management and have had a pretty rocky history over the last decade.

I'm sure that's exactly what those teams would want to do. Put their failing techniques/processes out there for the world to see. I would like to see the Red Wings on there...

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#12 jscags

jscags

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

How about 'Oil Change' on the NHL Network. Pretty good also. They are following the Oilers around the whole season. Just watched the episode where they had the fight against the Rangers at the Garden. if you liked 24/7, should check out this show.

Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall share a place together and play lots of hockey video game, Oilers vs Oilers.

http://oilers.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=65827

#13 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 07:53 PM

I'm suprised that nobody in Pittsburgh has created a t-shirt of Staal's face with "Ah Hew Hagain fvck Face!" or one of Martin with "Mustache Boy".

#14 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

How about 'Oil Change' on the NHL Network. Pretty good also. They are following the Oilers around the whole season. Just watched the episode where they had the fight against the Rangers at the Garden. if you liked 24/7, should check out this show.

Jordan Eberle and Taylor Hall share a place together and play lots of hockey video game, Oilers vs Oilers.

http://oilers.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=65827

My favorite episode is the one about the entry draft.. I love the planning and strategizing

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#15 moj8681

moj8681

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:34 AM

HBO and the NHL should team up to cover the Premiere Games to kick off the 2011-12 season. Give the 24/7 treatment to the teams over there.

Also, if there was an HBO Game of the Week that pulled some of the trappings from the 24/7 series, my god that would be heavenly. Maybe a 30 pre-game show focusing on a couple players from each team, little behind-the-scenes moments and such, just to get to know the players. I don't care what the two teams would be every week.

I'd watch more hockey if someone added Pop-Up Video graphics and factoids throughout the games.

#16 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:27 PM

Loved it. Only drawback was that I had to see Sid and that stupid mustache. It was funny hearing him swear. Kinda like a little kid swaering just to be big man.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 The Bootleg Saint

The Bootleg Saint

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Is there anywhere to watch 24/7 online? I saw Episode 1 on NHL.com but can't find the other ones on there...
Posted Image

#18 Jmorc2003

Jmorc2003

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:55 PM

Edit: nevermind... i found it

My question is, where can I get one of those t-shirts that just have the team name and "hockey"? Caps and Pens players/coaches were both wearing them (Oilers players and staff have them in Oil Change), and I'm looking for a new Devils t-shirt.

I can only find them in "speedwick" material, not a regular t.

http://shop.nhl.com/...dy_bestsell_txt

Edited by Jmorc2003, 29 January 2011 - 03:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users