41 replies to this topic

#41 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:53 AM

I am not going to get into this stupid name calling again.

Look at it this way, he has no desire to play on the Island, he doesn't want to go, if he is forced to what sort of attitude will that bring to your lockeroom? will he be able to preforfm to a decent standard? will he even want to? I wouldn't want that anywhere near my team (see Langenbrunner, Jamie).

Its not his fault he doesn't want to play there, no sane hockey player does at the moment if they have a choice. Why would he place himself in a situation whee he is not going to be happy.

The Islanders were foolish to think that if they claimed him he would just show up, they should have passed over him like everyone else should have. This would have happend if any other team had claimed him as well i suspect.

Stevens didn't wanna play for the Devils at first, either. I'd say he ended up being a positive influence in the locker room.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#42 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 11:06 AM

Stevens didn't wanna play for the Devils at first, either. I'd say he ended up being a positive influence in the locker room.

This is true.

But i think Stevens realised he had much less choice in his situation.

Also different stages of their career, different point in a season, not half way through when the team that is making a play for you is already completely out of contention for everything apart from the 1st overall draft pick.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users