"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#22 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

Another new uniform and another thread that is chock full of complaints. I really have no idea what kind of jersey would satisfy you guys.

Its fine. They're the Lightning, their logo is a fvcking lightning bolt. What do ya want lol? I like 'em.

Definitely. I think these jerseys are great. I think the simple design of the jersey looks nice and the logo is awesome, especially because it's a symbol and not a cartoonish drawing, not another team name in a circle, not a big letter, and doesn't have the name or location of the name spelled out in it...it's just a nice clean symbol.

Edited by devilsfan26, 31 January 2011 - 09:39 PM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#23 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,783 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

I like 'em

You can see the red wings influence with Yzerman. No nonsense, just 2 colors. Simple, clean.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#24 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

look a LOT like the Electric logo...

http://www.electricvisual.com/

its a sunglasses, snow goggle and clothing company

www.SterioDesign.com

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

I like 'em

You can see the red wings influence with Yzerman. No nonsense, just 2 colors. Simple, clean.

Good point, didn't even make that connection. Good to see I'm not the only one that likes them.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

i don't care either way about the logo. personally though, i think it's annoying that so many teams these days seem to have a new logo and jersey unveiled, like, every season. i get it -- marketing -- but still...it's a pain in the ass. i bet before we even get used to this jersey, a new one is going to pop up and people will bitch about it all over again.

glad we don't have to deal with it here. then again, i'm sure all the people who bitch about our horrible marketing would say otherwise. who knows. granted, we can't even market the brand we DO carry...but that's a whole 'nother can of worms that i don't even want to attempt to open.

carry on.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#27 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

i don't care either way about the logo. personally though, i think it's annoying that so many teams these days seem to have a new logo and jersey unveiled, like, every season. i get it -- marketing -- but still...it's a pain in the ass. i bet before we even get used to this jersey, a new one is going to pop up and people will bitch about it all over again.

glad we don't have to deal with it here. then again, i'm sure all the people who bitch about our horrible marketing would say otherwise. who knows. granted, we can't even market the brand we DO carry...but that's a whole 'nother can of worms that i don't even want to attempt to open.

carry on.

That's true, I feel the same way, though I think in this case the Lightning made an improvement. Though it is annoying that teams like the Canucks seem to have a new jersey every single year.
--John Buccigross

#28 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:30 PM

Looks like basically (Toronto + Red Wings) * Tampa Bay. I don't hate it, I don't love it. It is a little plain, I'd love to see the underarm "victory stripes" making a return, but alas, it didn't fit quite well with the scheme. I'm not sure it's such a "classic" look that it merits removing silver and black altogether, but it'll be interesting to see if this is the kind of trend we'll be leaning into in the coming decade--the stripping down. I feel like the Thrashers, Predators, Panthers and others have kind of stripped down their uniforms recently, and I wouldn't be surprised to see some other teams doing so too.

#29 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:36 PM

it'll be interesting to see if this is the kind of trend we'll be leaning into in the coming decade--the stripping down.

I hope so, many of the jerseys that were busted out at the start of the Edge program were disasters. Thrashers, Sabres, Flames, Avalanche, Oilers, Panthers, Predators, Senators/Lightning/Penguins, Flyers, Lightning, Blues were all terrible in my opinion, way too much going on with colors in all kinds of random spots just for the hell of it. I'm glad at least the Sabres, Lightning, and the Oilers home jerseys are cleaned up now.
--John Buccigross

#30 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:32 AM

They just went way too far the other way. Not terrible, but definitely something any rec team with a buddy who knows how to use Adobe Illustrator can roll out.

At least they got it right by putting "Tampa Bay" on the road jersey and nothing on the home (*ahem* Dallas).
Posted Image

#31 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

They are sweet, end of story.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#32 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:19 AM

If they had continued to incorperate some black and silver to the logo, or on the jersey they would have looked fine.

This use of the navy blue colour is just the same as when everyone ran around producing Black jerseys not so long ago.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#33 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:15 AM

They look boring...like a power ranger or something... :giggle:
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#34 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:36 AM

For some reason it looks better here:

Posted Image

Edited by mrthemike, 01 February 2011 - 06:37 AM.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#35 Niaure

Niaure

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

Tried to click it, but aarhh.. It's new TB logo, not the "Daemon Tools" button...
Posted Image

#36 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:02 AM

look a LOT like the Electric logo...

http://www.electricvisual.com/

its a sunglasses, snow goggle and clothing company

Electric sunglasses are great. I have about 5 or 6 pairs.

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#37 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:11 AM

Haha

Looks too much like the Leaf's uniform.

They look like the Toronto Gatorades.

First thing I thought...the Tampa Bay Maple Bolts...I don't mind simple (Devil jersey is pretty simple), but this is too minimalist for me.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#38 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

For some reason it looks better here:

Posted Image

Ah, OK. This confirms what I was thinking from the first photo posted but couldn't tell for sure. The logo isn't on a solid plate like it is with pretty much every other team. It looks like loose fabric stitched on. At the very least, this is good for fans. I don't have any Edge jerseys, but my friends who do constantly complain about the logo being stiff as a board and awkwardly riding up on them when they sit down. No such problems for Lightning fans, it seems.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#39 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

I like them...nice improvement overall. When it comes to jerseys, the less cartoonish the better.

#40 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Ah, OK. This confirms what I was thinking from the first photo posted but couldn't tell for sure. The logo isn't on a solid plate like it is with pretty much every other team. It looks like loose fabric stitched on. At the very least, this is good for fans. I don't have any Edge jerseys, but my friends who do constantly complain about the logo being stiff as a board and awkwardly riding up on them when they sit down. No such problems for Lightning fans, it seems.

good point, that's the one thing i don't like about my jersey.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users