Posted Image

#42 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 12:56 PM

agreed that the patch logo is the best. That should be on the front of the jersey. I don't know why they got rid of having black even in some form in their uniforms. They definitely look like Toronto now.

They aren't terrible. They just arent really an improvement imo. They are certainly better than those new anaheim thirds that make them look uglier than traffic cones.

#43 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

so the move now is that every team (or at least the 'elite' ones) aren't teams they're "hockey clubs" now. branding. :rolleyes: first the ranjerks, now them

Edited by Legion15, 01 February 2011 - 05:52 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#44 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Looks like they want to be the new Sabres and Canucks, messing with their logo and jerseys, like, every other season.:whistling:

Also, why are they doing it in the middle of the season?

I like simple desings, but this is TOO plain to me. If your team has a long tradition and you want some simple throwback jerseys with oldschool logo, that's cool. But forcing it and trying to make a still relatively new franchise look like an old-time hockey team... it just doesn't work.

I mean, it's not terrible... It's just that it's nothing that would make me go "wow" (smells Maple Leafs, too) and their old "new" logo was still new, so I don't really see the point of such rebranding.

Glad the Devils don't put their fans through changes like these.

Edited by Revan, 01 February 2011 - 07:19 PM.

#45 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

I like them. As mentioned by others I see the heavy influence of Yzerman here trying to replicate the minimalist "classic" look of the Red Wings, Leafs, Flyers, and even the Devils that have traditional classic looking uniforms and stick to it.

What you're also seeing is a total revolt against he RBK Edge templates. Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Ottawa, and some other teams are already on record that they're dumping their current template for something different in 2010-11.

#46 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:12 PM

What you're also seeing is a total revolt against he RBK Edge templates. Colorado, Edmonton, Florida, Los Angeles, Ottawa, and some other teams are already on record that they're dumping their current template for something different in 2010-11.

:hail:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#47 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:31 PM

The whole thing is pretentious. The Lightning are not an old team and should not have laces / design stolen from original six teams. Why put Tampa bay only on the white jerseys also?

Their old jerseys were better.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#48 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,777 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

The whole thing is pretentious. The Lightning are not an old team and should not have laces / design stolen from original six teams. Why put Tampa bay only on the white jerseys also?

Their old jerseys were better.

I'd rather see an old traditional design than a bunch of colors thrown all over the place. Also their current jerseys are the same exact jersey as the Penguins and Senators, at least these aren't exactly the same as anyone else, granted they are similar. It says Tampa Bay on the white jersey only because it is their away jersey. These are much better than the current jerseys, their original ones were maybe better jerseys but this is a better logo.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#49 The Bootleg Saint

The Bootleg Saint

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

I like 'em. I like how they're rolling out a whole new vision and brand. Not too long ago Tampa was a Stanley Cup champ and then fell off the face of the earth. It's nice to see a team get some stability and go forward with a good core of players and management. Yzerman and everyone are doing a great job in Tampa so far it seems. They do look a little close to Toronto, who also made a good change to their jerseys with the font change they made. Simple is usually better for jerseys.
Posted Image

#50 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:26 PM

Also, why are they doing it in the middle of the season?

Apparently they decided that as soon as they finished developing the jerseys, they'd release them, rather than designing them now and having someone who isn't them release them in the summer. This way there's buzz while people are still going in and out of the arena a few times a week. I don't really like that it's right in the middle of a season, I feel like they could have waited at least a few weeks, but I understand the theory anyway.

#51 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:08 PM

Why are all new jerseys all blue
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#52 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

jersey is alright, the logo sucks. I understand that their logo is only ever just a lightning bolt, but it just looks cheesy.
25smul5.png

#53 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

But, why?

very ugly and unoriginal

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users