32 replies to this topic

#21 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

I mean come on if you look at 24 - 4 - 4 you say my god there is no way!! but if you break it down its like ok lets win 5 out of our next 7 with 1 loss going to OT that ould be 5 - 1 - 1. Then lets go 4 - 1 - 1 the next 6 after that?? NOt horrible.... Then they "REALLY GET HOT" lol and go like 6 - 0 - 1 in the 7 next games...then like 4 - 1 - 1 then 5 - 1 in their last 6. LOL I have too much time on my hands I guess....

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

Again, teams don't see us as a viable threat.

Once the opposition starts believing that this mirage of wins is actually credible we will not be seeing goalies like Robin Lehner, Brian Boucher, Brent Johnson, Chris Mason, and Dan Ellis.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,995 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:45 PM

Once the opposition starts believing that this mirage of wins is actually credible we will not be seeing goalies like Robin Lehner, Brian Boucher, Brent Johnson, Chris Mason, and Dan Ellis.

Who the other team puts in net has absolutely zero effect on our improved defense, the fact we're actually playing with a system and passion (unlike earlier this year) or the fact that Marty looks back in form after a dreadful first half.

The only thing it can affect is the offense, but we've frequently been shut down by neophyte goalies too (last night being one of those cases, despite the win) so even then it's somewhat of a question mark.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 February 2011 - 03:46 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

Say what you want, they beat Dan Ellis (who was the no 1 in Tampa ) before the Roloson trade, and he has a pretty solid record, they came back and beat Roloson anyway... They beat Boucher who may still end up the #1 in Philly they arent sure who they are going with, and we had Hedburg in net anyway that game.

The Devils run no matter what goalies they have played has been solid, and again they have shown much more responsibility in their end, and have limited the opposition chances so I for one dont care which goalie is in net for the other team...

All I can say is I am rooting for Pitt, Detroit and Montreal tonight!!

Edited by PaDevsFan, 02 February 2011 - 03:58 PM.

#25 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

The Devils are meant to break records. A comeback like this would be nothing.

The Devils broke the record for playoff wins on the road in '95, then just to show they weren't kidding around they tied their own mark in '00. In '03 they figured, 'What the hell, why not break the record for home playoff wins too?' And they broke it. Remember '06? In January they were 19 points behind Philly for the division title. Then they put together a 29-9-4 stretch that included win streaks of 9 and 11 games (that 11-gamer went to 15 if you count the Rangers sweep, bringing the stretch to 33-9-4) to take the crown in a comeback of record-breaking proportions.

So the Isles set the mark with a 12-point comeback in '94. Big whoop. Sometimes the insurmountable is meant to be mounted. Wait. That sounded dirty. Anyway, we can do this!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#26 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

The Devils are meant to break records. A comeback like this would be nothing.

The Devils broke the record for playoff wins on the road in '95, then just to show they weren't kidding around they tied their own mark in '00. In '03 they figured, 'What the hell, why not break the record for home playoff wins too?' And they broke it. Remember '06? In January they were 19 points behind Philly for the division title. Then they put together a 29-9-4 stretch that included win streaks of 9 and 11 games (that 11-gamer went to 15 if you count the Rangers sweep, bringing the stretch to 33-9-4) to take the crown in a comeback of record-breaking proportions.

So the Isles set the mark with a 12-point comeback in '94. Big whoop. Sometimes the insurmountable is meant to be mounted. Wait. That sounded dirty. Anyway, we can do this!

Darn right!! I love that mentality, and again when it is broken down into smaller chunks it doesnt sound nearly as insurmountable!!

GO DEVILS!!

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:20 PM

Say what you want, they beat Dan Ellis (who was the no 1 in Tampa ) before the Roloson trade, and he has a pretty solid record, they came back and beat Roloson anyway... They beat Boucher who may still end up the #1 in Philly they arent sure who they are going with, and we had Hedburg in net anyway that game.

The Devils run no matter what goalies they have played has been solid, and again they have shown much more responsibility in their end, and have limited the opposition chances so I for one dont care which goalie is in net for the other team...

Dan Ellis is a back-up/AHL caliber goalie which made the Roloson acquistion a neccessity in Tampa.

The Devils do look better, but I think it has more to do with the opposition taking us very lightly.

The Rangers game will be a better test, since they are a contender and because of the rivalry will not take us lightly.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:29 PM

Dan Ellis is a back-up/AHL caliber goalie which made the Roloson acquistion a neccessity in Tampa.

And Roloson, who has 4 shutouts in his last 11 starts, was chased in the 1st period against the Devils.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,484 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

The Devils do look better, but I think it has more to do with the opposition taking us very lightly.

The Rangers game will be a better test, since they are a contender and because of the rivalry will not take us lightly.

so when the devils were completely in the toilet and losing every game, that happened why?

i agree that the senators gave up last night, but they're a give up kind of team. there's almost no way they're finishing ahead of us.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#30 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

I think being this far out and the team playing good hockey actually adds another level of excitement to the season. Granted, I don't want to make this a habit but at least it makes checking the standings meaningful. AND if the Devils do reach the post season this with be one of those years that we as fans never forget. :D
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#31 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:09 PM

Thank you Detroit Pitt and Montreal, the "plan" is coming together lol

#32 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,287 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 09:42 AM

so when the devils were completely in the toilet and losing every game, that happened why?

Maybe, just maybe opposing teams in Oct & Nov expected the team that ended up the #2 seed in the East last year. Maybe.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#33 RizzMB30

RizzMB30

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

Thank you Detroit Pitt and Montreal, the "plan" is coming together lol

I love your optimism bro.

This fan will never forget Scott Stevens.

believe-ll.jpgbelieve-devs.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users