Photo

The Devils Minority partners are looking to sell their share.

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#221 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,080 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

I bet your wrong here because aren't you saying the value of the team is the 218M + 250M (to offset the debt) in other words the overall value is 468M, I highly doubt that.

I bet he's not wrong, because that's not what he's saying. He is saying that businesses often incur debts like this for future profits - why else would a break-even enterprise be taking out 250M worth of loans? To make more money. Owning an arena is generally a profitable enterprise. This explains part of the rise in the Devils' value despite incurring a substantial amount of debt.

Edited by Triumph, 04 February 2011 - 03:53 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#222 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

I bet your wrong here because aren't you saying the value of the team is the 218M + 250M (to offset the debt) in other words the overall value is 468M, I highly doubt that.

No. I said something more like the team is worth 115M + 350M arena value - 250M debt value. That ignores all present and future values and such to try and simplify it.

Edited by Devils731, 04 February 2011 - 03:54 PM.

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#223 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

No. I said something more like the team is worth 115M + 350M arena value - 250M debt value. That ignores all present and future values and such to try and simplify it.

:cheers:

#224 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:44 PM

Interesting story about the situation on NJ.com

http://www.nj.com/ne...leads_to_s.html

#225 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:05 PM

Reports that Bon Jovi is looking to buy a minority interest in the Falcons. Why not pump that money into your home state?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#226 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

Reports that Bon Jovi is looking to buy a minority interest in the Falcons. Why not pump that money into your home state?

I believe the guy is just football crazy, since he also owned an arena football team.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#227 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:02 AM

This was posted on Wired and gave an interesting perspective on it...I am going to put it in the Rock link as well.

http://www.nytimes.c...03nhl.html?_r=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users