Photo

The Devils Minority partners are looking to sell their share.

• Please log in to reply
226 replies to this topic

#141 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

never eating at that place before the game again
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#142 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

never eating at that place before the game again

Different Brick City. Not the restaurant.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#143 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 05:58 PM

Different Brick City. Not the restaurant.

Lmao! :cheers:

#144 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

That has got to be the worst signature in the history of this board...

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#145 sirjohn

sirjohn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:02 PM

They should have sold prior to moving to Newark. Who would buy them now? I'd love to see how much they've been losing since moving, and it will get even worse now the novelty of a new arena has worn off.

#146 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

They should have sold prior to moving to Newark. Who would buy them now? I'd love to see how much they've been losing since moving, and it will get even worse now the novelty of a new arena has worn off.

You forget that while the team on the ice is losing money(most teams are), the organization itself isn't. Dolan, the Nets, and the place ranked 24th in the world in revenue helps them.

Edited by Marv4Life, 01 February 2011 - 07:10 PM.

#147 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

what in the world are you talking about. do you even know their difference in value between those two eras?

who the fvck would buy them before the building? they were worth about $20, like the Isles are now.

#148 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:11 PM

After all day working hard and not looking at the forum I'm actually glad I missed some of this. I'm waiting for some clarity on what is really happening, but I'm just really happy it's not as catastrophic as was thought earlier.

#149 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

I can't believe it hasn't gotten taken off yet. Like, c'mon dude, it's just gross. I think the Sean Avery gargles nutsacks in his free time, do you want me to show you a photoshopped image of that?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#150 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,222 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Its really disgusting. Like someone else mentioned, I don't know how that hasn't been removed yet.
LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#151 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Its really disgusting. Like someone else mentioned, I don't know how that hasn't been removed yet.

I had my signature block on and didn't see it. Sorry guys, its been removed.

#152 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Gilfillian/Chambers are initiating a total sale. team and arena. this is going to get extremely ugly. looks like this year might not be a one off. ugh.

#153 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,048 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

Tom Gulitti

On Wednesday 2nd February 2011, @TGfireandice said:

Statement from Mike Gilfillan: "Brick City has exercised its contractual rights under its partnership agreement with Jeff Vanderbeek to cause a sale of the entire team and arena rights, subject to certain terms and conditions. We are at the beginning stage of this process and Moag and Company has been retained to assist in those efforts.

“Our goal was to use professional sports as a catalyst for economic development in Newark by constructing a state of the art arena for the teams as well as for concerts and family shows.

“Brick City feels we have accomplished that objective with our partner Jeff Vanderbeek.

“The arena and the teams playing here have also attracted more people to come back to the city in an ongoing effort to restore pride, sports, arts, culture and business to this beautiful city.”

#154 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

and there's the article. this is off to the courts, as obviously mediation didn't work out two summers ago.

#155 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

Tom Gulitti

On Wednesday 2nd February 2011, @TGfireandice said:

Statement from Mike Gilfillan: "Brick City has exercised its contractual rights under its partnership agreement with Jeff Vanderbeek to cause a sale of the entire team and arena rights, subject to certain terms and conditions. We are at the beginning stage of this process and Moag and Company has been retained to assist in those efforts.

“Our goal was to use professional sports as a catalyst for economic development in Newark by constructing a state of the art arena for the teams as well as for concerts and family shows.

“Brick City feels we have accomplished that objective with our partner Jeff Vanderbeek.

“The arena and the teams playing here have also attracted more people to come back to the city in an ongoing effort to restore pride, sports, arts, culture and business to this beautiful city.”

From the future...

#156 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

and there's the article. this is off to the courts, as obviously mediation didn't work out two summers ago.

Mediation? Is this mentioned in the article or are you referencing a prior event?

#157 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

Mediation? Is this mentioned in the article or are you referencing a prior event?

they met with Bettman two years ago when it was rumored it was going to fall apart sorta like this. this looks like a go, if so, it's going to court.

#158 section 110

section 110

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:06 PM

So the original story seems to be correct, though now we have clarification.

Gilfillan forced this, and it appears that the partnership agreement calls for a sale of the entire team and arena rights rather than giving VBK the option to buy out his partners. I doubt this will go to the courts, both Gilfillan and VBK have apparently both agreed to hire Moag.

These types of things are usually spelled out in partnership agreements. I'm confident that VBK will remain in control, though there's always a chance that this gets to an auction process where anyone (i.e. Ballsilie) can bid for the team.
Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com keeper of....CAA's Section 110 (for the first 25 years) and The Rock's Section 5 22 (for the next 25 years and beyond)

#159 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

I still think this can be a potentially good situation as you would think part of this sale would involve stipulations that the partner be involved in the moves stated in the article. I had forgotten all the people involved in the hotel deal so it seems that Gilfilan's group isnt' interested. I would love to see the restuarant planned for the front of the arena and side finally happen so hopefully this won't be protracted.

#160 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:18 PM

So the original story seems to be correct, though now we have clarification.

Gilfillan forced this, and it appears that the partnership agreement calls for a sale of the entire team and arena rights rather than giving VBK the option to buy out his partners. I doubt this will go to the courts, both Gilfillan and VBK have apparently both agreed to hire Moag.

These types of things are usually spelled out in partnership agreements. I'm confident that VBK will remain in control, though there's always a chance that this gets to an auction process where anyone (i.e. Ballsilie) can bid for the team.

you'd have to take the arena too. arena operations are in the sale. this is going to be a whopper of a tag.
Chambers gets to look like some kind of local hero while flipping everything for a tidy profit.

that pretty much rules out the 0.00001% chance of relocation, that and Chambers is Mr. Newark and won't screw them by leaving them with an empty arena.

but this changes alot of things. they could be a much lower budget for the foreseable future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users