40 replies to this topic

#21 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

jesus, the way those tool pitt announcers were calling it, dipietro tried to take off his skate, and stab cooke.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#22 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:36 AM

Nice! What comes around goes around for Matt Cooke. He is a POS and got what he deserved. Too bad DiPietro does not know how to fight. Nice left hook by Johnson to KO DiPietro. DP seems like he is always getting hurt and can't stay healthy. It is almost the same punch Staal hit Prust with last night in the Penguins/Rangers game.

Cooke barely got bumped into by Rick, then turtled in the corner while others shoved. I think he "got what he deserved" is overstating it a bit. He "got what he deserved" when Evander Kane knocked him out cold last season.

Also, how is that anything like the Jordan Staal punch? Staal punched an unsuspecting players with gloves on... Johnson punched Dipietro with no gloves during a clean fight. Other than both being thrown with the left hand, I really see no similarities at all.

#23 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

WOW, nice work by Johnson there. He decked little Ricky good....

WHICH REMINDS ME....

Half of this board was in diapers when this happened, buttttttttttttttttt

Islanders goalies just aren't good at fighting

:clap:

jesus, the way those tool pitt announcers were calling it, dipietro tried to take off his skate, and stab cooke.

Only Happy Gilmore would do such a thing!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#24 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

Nice! What comes around goes around for Matt Cooke. He is a POS and got what he deserved. Too bad DiPietro does not know how to fight. Nice left hook by Johnson to KO DiPietro. DP seems like he is always getting hurt and can't stay healthy. It is almost the same punch Staal hit Prust with last night in the Penguins/Rangers game.

To the bolded. I'm not too sure Johnson's punch was similar to Staal's. Staal's punch was like a tap IMO, but Prust went down like a sack of $hit trying to draw a penalty (which he got) the funny thing about Prust's dive was that his head flipped in the same direction that Staal's "punch" came from :blink: THAT'S how we know he embellished Staal's "punch" :doh1: When someone gets clocked, the natural reaction is for your head to spin in the direction the punch is going to, not where the punch is coming from :rolleyes: look at a youtube highlight, you'll see his head goes the wrong way after the "punch".

Staal's hit reminds me of the way Bertuzzi hit Moore, not a powerful hit and certainly nowhere near enough to cause the reaction it got, then Moore dropped like a sack of $hit... and the rest is history.

Matt Cooke will get his one day, all cheapshots do in the end, see Moore,Steve.

#25 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:00 AM

To the bolded. I'm not too sure Johnson's punch was similar to Staal's. Staal's punch was like a tap IMO, but Prust went down like a sack of $hit trying to draw a penalty (which he got) the funny thing about Prust's dive was that his head flipped in the same direction that Staal's "punch" came from :blink: THAT'S how we know he embellished Staal's "punch" :doh1: When someone gets clocked, the natural reaction is for your head to spin in the direction the punch is going to, not where the punch is coming from :rolleyes: look at a youtube highlight, you'll see his head goes the wrong way after the "punch".

Staal's hit reminds me of the way Bertuzzi hit Moore, not a powerful hit and certainly nowhere near enough to cause the reaction it got, then Moore dropped like a sack of $hit... and the rest is history.

Matt Cooke will get his one day, all cheapshots do in the end, see Moore,Steve.

I'm pretty sure Prust was turning his head in that direction before he got hit with the punch, which made the impact worse because he turned right into it. As for the Bertuzzi incident, Moore fell because he was obviously sucker punched and then Bertuzzi tripped over his own stick and fell forward into Moore, landing on top of him.

Edited by devilsfan26, 03 February 2011 - 03:01 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#26 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:14 AM

DP seems like he is always getting hurt and can't stay healthy.

Really? Ya think?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#27 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:47 AM

Well that was not a hell of a fight. DiPietro wanted, and then epic failed himself...
Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#28 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 06:41 AM

Epic fail...but god, those Pitt announcers are such tools.
Posted Image Posted Image

#29 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:18 AM

If you're going to give up your shutout for a fight... might as well make it something to talk about... lol

Edited by aylbert, 03 February 2011 - 07:18 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 07:59 AM

He didn't play the full 60. Fleury played the last 16 seconds or so.

Yeah Marty lost a shutout in the late '90's during one of the games Lemaire randomly inserted Dunham in for a few seconds to get him 25 GP and hold off his free agency for a year :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

Yeah Marty lost a shutout in the late '90's during one of the games Lemaire randomly inserted Dunham in for a few seconds to get him 25 GP and hold off his free agency for a year :lol:

Vintage Lou finding a loophole. "Appearing in" and "Starting" are 2 completely different things that Dunham's lawyer/agent failed to realize. I felt terrible for Dunham when he had to put the mask on and skate out there for 20 seconds at the end of a game....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#32 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

More like TKO by Johnson. It's not fair really because I believe DiPietro broke his hand when he went to take his mask off.
BTW it's not fair to say DiPo sucks when he's got a winning record against the Devils.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#33 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

Falling on the ice like that, I am surprised DiPietro still has a functioning hip. :unsure:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#34 hystyk28

hystyk28

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:34 PM

I really wish he got his chance to fight Carcillo this year, when he was trying so hard to do so. Garth was probably hoping that it happened too, so that rediculous contract would be null and avoid upon Carcillo knocking Dipietro's head completely off his shoulders.

#35 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 02:40 PM

Eh I dont think Johnson is that tough of a guy either. Fleury was so happy. Di did get a smack up high on Cooke.

Pointless scuffle for both sides. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#36 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:05 PM

This fight prompted one of those SI photo galleries for goalie brawls. Looky what got included!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#37 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:24 PM

This fight prompted one of those SI photo galleries for goalie brawls. Looky what got included!

Haha, late last night I posted a link to the fight in this thread

That was a classic

#38 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,963 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

What a miserable career he has had so far

#39 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:02 AM

This.

Can he seriously do ANYTHING right in the NHL?

To further that point, can the Islanders do ANYTHING right in the NHL? Lol

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#40 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

half this board was in diapers when Corey Schwab was here ... in the mid ninties? :doh1: are you saying YOU were in diapers? :giggle:

A person who is old enough to make a comment like that -- It wouldn't even occur to them that anyone born in 1990 is even out of diapers yet. Well at least I didn't become that sort of condescending until I was over 30 and could actually notice a difference.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users