1217 replies to this topic

#1161 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

We won't be in the playoffs, but it's pretty amazing that after the John "The Situation" MacLean, we will miss the playoffs by probably 3 wins. Really if at any time during his tenure, he had shown even a flash of know-how, the Devils might actually be racing for the 8th seed in a legit way. Hats off to Lemaire and the players.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#1162 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

mmm not to be rude, but whats the big deal of calling someone by his real name on a forum? lol unless you're trolling and trying to hide behind a fake name, i dont see whats the problem there

I agree. It's only a first name. It's not like social security numbers are being posted.

Posted Image

#1163 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

Because it's seriously creepy and implies internet stalking? Seriously, you can't think of why this might be something that makes people feel uncomfortable?

I swear the collective IQ on this forum decreases every season.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#1164 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Those of you who dont understand the social dynamic at play here -- the use of first names, in this particular instance, is a threat. If you do not see that - well -- then you'd better get a little more wise to the ways of the world.

Ken won't chase anyone down but he's flexing his internet muscle at us -- he has a fine memory and can hunt us down if Big Man chooses. He feels inferior and thus has to get flashy and bring the real world into it --as if he's something different out there, someone in-the-know.

I think Tri is perfectly reasonable here as is everyone else who thinks Ken's acting like a dycknotch.

I'm using the name Ken because I'm assuming that's what Ken likes. I could go with SuperJay if you prefer though.

(see how I did that there? I mocked Ken by using internet names - Ain't I smart? :rolleyes: )

Edited by Pepperkorn, 21 March 2011 - 02:00 PM.

I'm here for the party

#1165 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,157 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:00 PM

Because it's seriously creepy and implies internet stalking? Seriously, you can't think of why this might be something that makes people feel uncomfortable?

I swear the collective IQ on this forum decreases every season.

well it depends on the situation there, i would assume some of you guys knows each others after all these years so there i don't see any problems with using real names, i wouldnt call my buddy SuperMustach69 on the phone lol

sometimes i agree it could be creepy but it doesnt necessarily = internet stalking if you happen to know someones name

www.SterioDesign.com

#1166 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

well it depends on the situation there, i would assume some of you guys knows each others after all these years so there i don't see any problems with using real names, i wouldnt call my buddy SuperMustach69 on the phone lol

sometimes i agree it could be creepy but it doesnt necessarily = internet stalking if you happen to know someones name

I mentioned in the other thread about using real names vs handles that it can be very confusing to other posters. Not everyone reads every thread, and i'm sure there are more then a few people with the same names that post here, hence the handles. Comes across cliquish imo.

Thats not even getting into using someones name just to show off that they know the persons name as an insult or an e-peen contest

Also, it's the way it's been done here. I've seen a few post that well thats the way HF does it, well this isn't hf. I don't like the way everything is done here and I've let it be known in those instances but all in all I like the place. If I didn't, I'd leave (like I have in the past and probably will in the future)

Then again, what do I know I used my real name so I wouldn't have to deal with crap like this.

Bob
(and yes I used this same bad joke in the other thread)
Joe

#1167 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:41 PM

cletus will take care of this mess ... hope no one is left out ...

Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#1168 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

If someone doesn't want their name being plastered all over an internet forum it is their prerogative to have it removed. I have had this request many times in the past. Aside from a pain staking removal by hand there is nothing I can do to remove it. If any poster has requested their real name not be used then I would advise posters to adhere to that request.

Public figures can not expect that privacy, but when a pseudo-handle is being used there is a reasonable expectation of privacy.

#1169 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

Well if this digression isn't a sign of a slow hockey night, I don't know what is....anyway so who am a rooting for tommorow?

#1170 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

Well if this digression isn't a sign of a slow hockey night, I don't know what is....anyway so who am a rooting for tommorow?

Panthers, Senators, Canadiens, and Wild. :boogie:

Posted Image

#1171 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

That's the spirit!

The Devils just like every day duh!!!!

Ottawa, Florida, Montreal, and Minnesota

believe-3devils.jpg

#1172 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:52 PM

That's the spirit!

The Devils just like every day duh!!!!

Ottawa, Florida, Montreal, and Minnesota

I don't expect any help from the Sens and Panthers. Now if the Sens pretend they're playing us, it might end up better for us.

Posted Image

#1173 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

I don't expect any help from the Sens and Panthers. Now if the Sens pretend they're playing us, it might end up better for us.

Well....they're all equally important almost (maybe MIN over TOR a bit less) so just crossing fingers to go 5 for 5.

I said earlier, don't give up on the kitties so easily...I have faith in them

believe-3devils.jpg

#1174 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Well....they're all equally important almost (maybe MIN over TOR a bit less) so just crossing fingers to go 5 for 5.

I said earlier, don't give up on the kitties so easily...I have faith in them

I have faith in them too. Just not confidence. :lol:

Posted Image

#1175 Tedenby21

Tedenby21

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

I have faith in them too. Just not confidence. :lol:

The Cats are actually a solid team. They have good goaltending, Santorelli, Booth, and Weiss.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1176 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:38 PM

SABRES REMAINING SCHEDULE
  • at Montreal
  • vs Florida
  • vs New Jersey
  • at Toronto
  • vs New York (Rangers)
  • at Washington
  • at Carolina
  • vs Tampa Bay
  • vs Philadelphia
  • at Columbus

I see only 2 "easy" opponents for them. Florida and Columbus.

Edited by Korean Kid 23, 21 March 2011 - 11:44 PM.

Posted Image

#1177 Tedenby21

Tedenby21

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:42 PM

SABRES REMAINING SCHEDULE

• at Montreal
  • vs Florida
  • vs New Jersey
  • at Toronto
  • vs New York (Rangers)
  • at Washington
  • at Carolina
  • vs Tampa Bay
  • vs Philadelphia
  • at Columbus

No doubt. Canes have toughest sched so they should be out of picture.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1178 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

While there haven't been many games, the Sh*ttsburgh / Wings game went right down to the wire, and the LA / Calgary has the feel of a playoff game. Means nothing for the Devils, but still fun to watch.
Posted Image Posted Image

#1179 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 11:48 PM

No doubt. Canes have toughest sched so they should be out of picture.

I honestly don't see the Canes and Leafs being able to sustain their success. Toronto also has a tough schedule with maybe the exception of 3 games. Minnesota, Colorado, and Ottawa. The other games are against Detroit, Buffalo, Boston, Washington, New Jersey, and Montreal.

Posted Image

#1180 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:12 PM

Lets go guys not time to give up quite yet. With a win tonight and a Montreal win we are 5 points out.

Yes I know we are playing Boston and I know we have Buffalo coming up. But look at these teams home records guys. they are better road teams. Maybe we come in and stun both teams and get close with about 6 or 7 to play...

It aint over til....

Edited by PaDevsFan, 22 March 2011 - 03:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users