Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#22 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

Yes and it's where he's collecting the $5 million salary he demanded to come here. Hence "mask and gun."

This is just as much on Lou, but Rolston's the only one that can control the effort he puts in from night to night.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

he had 20 goals last year and 15 before that. 17 assists both year. Thats what I expect from a 3rd/4th liner. He was injured 18 games in 08-09 and still came away
with a decent 32. Obviously he hasn't been fvcking amazing in points, let alone this season, but i feel like the only reason a lot of people have such hate for him is the contract.

First of all, as Risky pointed out, he wasn't brought here to be a 3rd/4th liner, he was brought here to score goals, preferably around 30 per year, which he had managed to do in four of his six previous seasons before coming to NJ. He was dropped to the lower lines due to lack of production.

32 points in 64 GP is not decent production, but I gave him a pass at the time due to his injury.

20 goals and 17 assists in 80 GP is pretty God-awful, especially when he didn't exactly seem to be playing with much fire. I don't know you can polish that turd.

Even with this 10-game, 13-point burst, his overall numbers on this season are nothing special.

Look, everyone's happy that this guy is finally doing something, how could we not be, but don't now try to make it sound like he was better than he really was before this turnaround, and that everyone's been unfairly picking on him. For the most part, he's been lousy since signing here.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,165 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

I appreciate that Rolston has turned it on since every team in the league told him he wasn't even worth half his salary, but it makes me wonder if he was dogging it to get traded, or if he was simply just struggling and finally things are inexplicably working out.. I like to think the latter, because I hate to think someone would purposely do bad and his teammates (and Jacques) always said he was a top quality guy..

Either way, right now is all that matters so... GO ROLSTON!!
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:09 PM

So what do we call the Rolston/Elias/Zubs line for the rest of the season and maybe even next season. I thought of the "30something" line.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#26 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

He play his best hockey as a devils right now.... And im happy but is contract is 5 millions so i think it time for him to deserve it!

#27 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:27 PM

So what do we call the Rolston/Elias/Zubs line for the rest of the season and maybe even next season. I thought of the "30something" line.

Men of a Certain Age
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#28 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

The Brian Rolston Appreciation Thread is upon us. Hell hath frozen over.

#29 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:44 PM

The Brian Rolston Appreciation Thread is upon us. Hell hath frozen over.

I'm so glad. He reminds me so much of a cousin - one you kind of think is a dipsh!t but then after a particularly great holiday gathering you think "That was awesome -- and Rolston wasn't even a dipsh!t! Maybe we can hang out during the regular year" Invariably you don't call... but you love him and don't want to see him fail or anything. He's not there yet -- but I'd LOVE to see him play his best hockey as a Devil - kill that curse!

I'm here for the party

#30 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

Operation: Raise Rolie's Value So We Can Get Him The Fvck Out Of Here

Elias and Zubrus are on a mission from Lou. From the looks of yesterday's article, Chere is an agent as well.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#31 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

wanted to make a thread for a devil i appreciate, fvck me right?

#32 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

No, it's cool.

#33 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:15 PM

You picked probably the least-liked Devils over the past two seasons to appreciate, what did you expect? Did you expect everyone to suddenly be in love with the guy after 10 decent games? You can't just forget about the 150+ mediocre-to-very poor games he played before that. Obviously everyone wants him to continue to be successful, but I'm not surprised that few people are ready to bow down to him after what a disappointment he's been during 95% of his games played here.

#34 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

This thread jinxed him last night.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#35 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

You picked probably the least-liked Devils over the past two seasons to appreciate, what did you expect? Did you expect everyone to suddenly be in love with the guy after 10 decent games? You can't just forget about the 150+ mediocre-to-very poor games he played before that. Obviously everyone wants him to continue to be successful, but I'm not surprised that few people are ready to bow down to him after what a disappointment he's been during 95% of his games played here.

well then fvck off! its an appreciation thread for the few that appreciate his work, not an "everyone give reasons why you're not allowed to appreciate him or be grateful for his work in any way" thread

#36 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

well then fvck off! its an appreciation thread for the few that appreciate his work, not an "everyone give reasons why you're not allowed to appreciate him or be grateful for his work in any way" thread

So you're only allowed to post in a thread if you agree with the thread creator's opinion? Yeah sorry, that's not how it works. You're acting all shocked and hurt because not everyone is as in love with Rolston as you are. Get over it.

#37 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 12:43 AM

So you're only allowed to post in a thread if you agree with the thread creator's opinion? Yeah sorry, that's not how it works. You're acting all shocked and hurt because not everyone is as in love with Rolston as you are. Get over it.

yupp thats it. im in love with rolston. i'd just like to reiterate: i made a thread commenting on my appreciation for Rolston's recent play, offering for others to add their appreciation regardless of what others thought, and now its going the way of every other godforsaken thread. everyone got all butt-hurt and had to discredit my appreciation just because he didn't live up to their expectations. guess i shouldn't be shocked.

#38 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:27 AM

yupp thats it. im in love with rolston. i'd just like to reiterate: i made a thread commenting on my appreciation for Rolston's recent play, offering for others to add their appreciation regardless of what others thought, and now its going the way of every other godforsaken thread. everyone got all butt-hurt and had to discredit my appreciation just because he didn't live up to their expectations. guess i shouldn't be shocked.

The only "butt-hurt" one here is you. All I see is normal, reasonable discussion about Rolston's time in New Jersey and you getting all upset about people disagreeing with you in your thread.

#39 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

except thats not what happened, but i digress

#40 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,079 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:22 AM

In bold: what a stupid comment. No one here is butt-hurt. People simply wondered aloud how 10 games somehow negates the 160 or so that came before it, and now makes him worthy of adulation, just like that. "just because he didn't live up to their expectations"...really, is that all? Are you serious about this? He didn't live up to ANYONE'S expectations (especially Lou's)...not even close! There's a reason why Lou tried to dump him, and why every other NHL team passed on grabbing him when they has the chance.

You couldn't be more wrong, and prodigy couldn't be more right. If you're going to be this thin-skinned and oblivious, you shouldn't be starting threads like this.

As far as unpopular players go, Rolston is right at the top of the list. Did you miss all of the "Roger Dorn" references from last season? The mere mention of Rolston's name was enough to infuriate most Devils fans up until this from out-of-nowhere surge. He embodied everything a fan doesn't want to see: high-paid, low-producing, underachieving and appearing not to care all that much.

If you have the slightest degree of intelligence, you had to know that this was going to be a debatable topic...Rolston is as push-button as it gets. YES, he's finally playing better and much closer to the level what we were all hoping for, and that's wonderful, but that small sample wasn't going to be enough to make up for the 2.5 years of absolute drek that came before it...drek that you're trying to make sound a whole lot better than it really was. It's going to take a lot more than Rolston producing short-term, in what is essentially garbage time, to get people to feel any real "appreciation" for him. If that's too difficult for you to grasp I don't know what to tell you.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 06 February 2011 - 07:23 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users