109 replies to this topic

#101 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

What's truly amazing is that this thread was started without any hint of sarcasm. If that doesn't sum up the incredible turnaround by this team, nothing does.

#102 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

Great Shot!!! Coward on boards.

#103 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:02 PM

I've ragged on the guy as much as anyone else. But I'm giving props now. Rolston, you're back to being Rollie or Winky or whatever you like. You're no longer Roger Dorn. For now. ;)

No, he still is...only now he's the changed Roger Dorn at the end of Major League when he starts diving for ground balls and gives a ****.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#104 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:29 PM

No, he still is...only now he's the changed Roger Dorn at the end of Major League when he starts diving for ground balls and gives a ****.

:lol: True. No more of that ole bullsh!t.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#105 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,232 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

Maybe Jake Taylor swung by his house for a little "pep talk"...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#106 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:57 PM

Honestly it is amazing to see the guy be productive now, I had forgotten that he was once a very productive player. I don't think he will get to the stage he earns that contract but like Zubrus he certainly is now looking like he can actually play. I do have to say that this doesn't happen IMO unless the devils tank 1rst. Lemaire seems to wear his teams down over the year and the players tune him out to their own detriment. I think hitting rock bottom and the short remainder of the season are the perfect mix for this current run. Rolston working with Kovy suddenly gives you hope that we can have a legit PP unit.

#107 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:02 PM

Maybe Jake Taylor swung by his house for a little "pep talk"...

"If I ever, EVER see you tank another play the way you did today... I'll cut your nuts off and stuff 'em down your fvckin' throat." :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#108 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:45 PM

When you think about it, the whole season has taken on a bit of Major League storyline. BTW, wtf was that terd that the flyers laid last night...

#109 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#110 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:58 PM

Kovy fits Ricky Vaughan too perfectly. Do we have a Cerrano, Willie Mays Hays, or Harris on our team?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users