Photo

Which Devils would you most like to meet?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:17 AM

Kind of reminds me of the Soup Nazi...

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

turns into

"NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

:rofl:

Sounds like someone wants to make me jealous...

How do you get into the DFC, I know I saw the table at the Rats game at CAA last week, and am reluctant that I didn't join...

Huh? I guess you've never seen Senfield... :D

If you want to sign up, go to the Fan Club's website ( http://www.devilsfanclub.org/ ) and get information there, or since you go to the games, sign up at the table.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#22 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:24 AM

Kind of reminds me of the Soup Nazi...

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

turns into

"NO DINNER FOR YOU!"

:rofl:

Sounds like someone wants to make me jealous...

How do you get into the DFC, I know I saw the table at the Rats game at CAA last week, and am reluctant that I didn't join...

Huh? I guess you've never seen Senfield... :D

If you want to sign up, go to the Fan Club's website ( http://www.devilsfanclub.org/ ) and get information there, or since you go to the games, sign up at the table.

No I've seen Seinfeld, I quoted the wrong post of yours.

I in fact have been to the real Soup Nazi in the city, the line was soooo long!

He only works half the year, and I think his name is Al something or other.

Sorry about the misquote confusion.

Anyway, where is the table at the games?

#23 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:26 AM

How would I know offhand? Didn't you say you went to the table once? Just walk around the arena, you'll eventually find it.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#24 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 01:44 AM

How would I know offhand? Didn't you say you went to the table once? Just walk around the arena, you'll eventually find it.

You might know offhand because I figured since you're a member you might know, and might have hosted the table.

Okay, I only ask because I walk around the arena at every game during intermissions, and don't recall seeing it at every one, maybe its just me lacking to notice things, anyway thanks for the info on the DFC, I printed out the form and hope to become a member.

Edited by djstubbs, 29 January 2004 - 01:44 AM.

#25 Nieuwy25

Nieuwy25

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,903 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:45 AM

I'd want to meet all the ex-Stars, since I never met them in Dallas:

Joey
Jamie
Muller
McLean
Marshall
Verbeek (wasn't he a Devil?)

also -

Elias
Friesen
Marty
Stevens
Nieds
Raffy
Maddog
Gomer
just about all of last year's team

and Daneyko
Winner of the 2004 Lady Byng Award and the 2003 and 2004 Joe Nieuwendyk award.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"He has no ego," says Lou Lamoriello, general manager of the New Jersey Devils. "I don't think he has a selfish bone in his body. It gets infectious with people around him, but that's Joe. Having him here was something very special."
------------------------------------------------------------------------
And the simple truth is this -- before and after Joe Nieuwendyk, this franchise has not been as good. Yes the same could be said for others, but Nieuwendyk's effect on his team, on his team's best players, on the fans and in the community can only be compared to, well, what Jarome Iginla is doing now in Calgary. Ralph Strangis, dallasstars.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

#26 JesterDevil

JesterDevil

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 11:50 AM

Going to the game in Detroit tonight, 2nd time seeing the Devils live.

I hope to meet Madden the most.

How long does it usually take players to come out after the game?

#27 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 12:01 PM

Going to the game in Detroit tonight, 2nd time seeing the Devils live.

I hope to meet Madden the most.

How long does it usually take players to come out after the game?

A half hour is what I heard...

#28 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 01:13 PM

I've only met Friesen and Sykora. I met Schwab's brother at the SCF. :evil:

I would like to meet:

Elias
Stevens
Brodeur
Rafalski
Niedermayer
Sarge
Mogilny
Daneyko
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#29 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 01:34 PM

There's meeting and there's meeting :lol:

Personally - and I know this sounds weird but I'd only want to meet any Devil in a non-objectifying situation. I wouldn't mind going to a signing but i wouldn't qualify it as meeting :evil: I've seen Devils out and about but I don't qualify sightings as meetings either :evil:

If you sat with someone at a Dinner with the Devils thing -- that'd count I guess. A half an hour actually conversing - getting over that awkward place - that counts.

So while I'd love to say I'd love to meet Scott Stevens I think my personal barriers would be insurmountable and I couldn't actually enjoy the experience! I think stuck in an elevator so there was some other purpose to distract me -- that might work!

I'd love to work for Lou - hear how he is see him at work - that would be cool.

I always wonder who I'd feel most comfortable around.

I'm here for the party

#30 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 03:49 PM

There's meeting and there's meeting :lol:

Personally - and I know this sounds weird but I'd only want to meet any Devil in a non-objectifying situation. I wouldn't mind going to a signing but i wouldn't qualify it as meeting :evil: I've seen Devils out and about but I don't qualify sightings as meetings either :evil:

If you sat with someone at a Dinner with the Devils thing -- that'd count I guess. A half an hour actually conversing - getting over that awkward place - that counts.

So while I'd love to say I'd love to meet Scott Stevens I think my personal barriers would be insurmountable and I couldn't actually enjoy the experience! I think stuck in an elevator so there was some other purpose to distract me -- that might work!

I'd love to work for Lou - hear how he is see him at work - that would be cool.

I always wonder who I'd feel most comfortable around.

I agree with you there PK, but still seeing a Devil, and get your jersey signed or something like that is still cool...

The only autographed thing I have is a Ken Daneyko card from the 89-90 season.

And I didn't even meet him, my sister got the card for me from her boyfriend who lives next to the practice rink...

I have not met any Devils, but would like to actually get some autographs myself.

Yes I would like to have a day with the Devils though, a real meeting...

I think I'd feel the least comfortable around Elias because he's so foreign, and most comfortable with Marty or Scotty Stevens....

Thats probably why I have a Brodeur and Stevens jersey...

#31 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 04:29 PM

Oh yeah! I didn't mean to sound like I did! I love getting signatures! I think thats the best way to meet most players! Just the ones I think I'd most want to meet... like Stevens...even though I think I'm going to suck it up and do it -- I'd just hate that feeling when you're being herded along in an autograph signing - and he's so composed I wouldn't even catch an unguarded off handed remark like "Man I gotta take a leak can we hurry things along here?" like a Roenick would make!

I'm here for the party

#32 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 05 February 2004 - 06:06 PM

Oh yeah! I didn't mean to sound like I did! I love getting signatures! I think thats the best way to meet most players! Just the ones I think I'd most want to meet... like Stevens...even though I think I'm going to suck it up and do it -- I'd just hate that feeling when you're being herded along in an autograph signing - and he's so composed I wouldn't even catch an unguarded off handed remark like "Man I gotta take a leak can we hurry things along here?" like a Roenick would make!

Understandable it is. :pray:

#33 nhDEVILSfan

nhDEVILSfan

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 10:41 AM

Out of anyone on the team I would love to meet Brodeur, my first season as a big fan was his first year so i don't know life without him. He has always been my number one Devil, and a chance to meet him would be a once in a lifetime thing. The only problem would be i probley wouldn't be able to talk.

#34 KitKatTGM

KitKatTGM

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 01:18 AM

Langenbrunner. Cause it was such a let down when i met him in 2001.

Why? I have heard that Jamie can be shy and standoffish in fan situations.

#35 dallasdevil15

dallasdevil15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 03:27 PM

I don't know. It was just kinda weird. You knwo how you want to meet someone so bad but when you finally meet them it was a let down and didn't meet your expectations, I think it was like that. He just didn't seem interested and didn't speak. But that was back in 2001.

#36 KitKatTGM

KitKatTGM

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 08:11 PM

He just didn't seem interested and didn't speak. But that was back in 2001.

Maybe it was just the taciturn Minnesotan in him... :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users