149 replies to this topic

#121 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:13 PM

Just some info from another feed - HNIC had a shot of Marty laughing in the suite w/Lou & Terreri in PEriod 3. The announcer made a point that the walk up to the particular suite includes a lengthy stairclimb hence concluding that it must have been just a precaution with the bruised leg.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#122 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:24 PM

Just some info from another feed - HNIC had a shot of Marty laughing in the suite w/Lou & Terreri in PEriod 3. The announcer made a point that the walk up to the particular suite includes a lengthy stairclimb hence concluding that it must have been just a precaution with the bruised leg.

It's not a bruised leg, it's a tweaked knee.

#123 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:35 PM

It's not a bruised leg, it's a tweaked knee.

Sorry, that's what I meant - bruised knee.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#124 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:46 PM

he'll be fine, if the docs didnt think there was a need for an mri, there is no structural damage, they just wanted to make sure he doesn't strain himself.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#125 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hoping for the best with Marty...don't want to see the Believe-Express fall off the tracks.
Posted Image Posted Image

#126 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:52 PM

Terreri was at the game, why didn't he step in for Marty XD

#127 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,546 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:59 PM

a habs fan has been keeping track of scoring chances all year, here's the chances chart for today's game:

http://enattendantle...montreal-1.html

kovalchuk was on ice for 12 chances for, 2 chances against, at even strength. probably his best game as a devil.

Edited by Triumph, 06 February 2011 - 10:59 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#128 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,182 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

he'll be fine, if the docs didnt think there was a need for an mri, there is no structural damage, they just wanted to make sure he doesn't strain himself.

This is the DEVILS doctors we're talking about, they could fvck up a cup of coffee. If he tweaked a muscle that's one thing but I'm not going to get off high alert until Marty makes it through the game Tuesday, we heard this kind of stuff about the last injury - it was day-to-day and he missed a month basically.

I still can't get over the fact that Kovy was booed to the high heavens today. I mean god, he gets it in Atlanta, LA and the Garden for obvious reasons. Toronto too cause of Burke the twit but I was actually taken aback when I heard the boos in Montreal :lol: At least he responded with - agreeing with Tri here - his best game as a Devil.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#129 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:07 PM

Sorry, that's what I meant - bruised knee.

TG tweet: "So, contrary to team's word, it is not a "bruise" for Brodeur."

See also: http://blogs.northje..._nothing_major/

tweak =/= bruise

#130 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:15 PM

This is the DEVILS doctors we're talking about, they could fvck up a cup of coffee. If he tweaked a muscle that's one thing but I'm not going to get off high alert until Marty makes it through the game Tuesday, we heard this kind of stuff about the last injury - it was day-to-day and he missed a month basically.

I still can't get over the fact that Kovy was booed to the high heavens today. I mean god, he gets it in Atlanta, LA and the Garden for obvious reasons. Toronto too cause of Burke the twit but I was actually taken aback when I heard the boos in Montreal :lol: At least he responded with - agreeing with Tri here - his best game as a Devil.

maybe devils should be employing a better team of doctors, say from my hospital where we do great work for the rags :giggle:

of course tweak is not bruise, it means he strained his MCL, but should be fine.

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 06 February 2011 - 11:16 PM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#131 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

Great game Devils!!!

Edited by jim777, 06 February 2011 - 11:35 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#132 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:40 PM

Good game to make the trip to Montreal for! And had a good time with NJD_3_Cups pregame. Glad I was there...though the crowd wasn't quite as loud as usual. A few fans around me and I started a Lets Go Devils chant near the end of the game...never thought that'd happen! I hope Marty's okay.

#133 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:02 AM

Travis Zajac is emerging as a star player in this league. 3 points today and won 14 of 17 faceoffs. He's 11th in the league overall in FO%. Kudos to him.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#134 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:28 AM

woah look who doesn't have the lowest +/- anymore!

Go Kovy!

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,048 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:35 AM

3 canes games we have to win, and we can believe.

Yeah. And we owe those motherfvckers more than any team has owed any other team in the history of fvcking sports. At the very least, we fvck their chances of making the playoffs. Let's start administering some payback, eh?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#136 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:50 AM

^^^+1

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#137 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,972 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:12 AM

That's because they are just upset that a lot of quote on quote big time star players never want to sign there. I agree that it was nice to see Kovy get 2 goals to rub it in as well.

#138 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:17 AM

If he keeps on playing like he does against the Thrashers, Rangers and Habs, I'd rather they booed him at every away arena. :)

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,365 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 07:41 AM

Wow never heard of a situation like that with an automatic goal. I figured they'd give him a penalty shot if he got pulled down

In the 2000 playoffs, during the deciding game of the second round where the Devils held the Maple Leafs to six shots on the goal (for the entire game), Madden had a clear shot at an empty net with about 10 seconds left, when a frustrated Maple Leaf threw his stick at Madden to get him to miss. He still put the puck in the net, but he would've been awarded the goal no matter what. That's the only other time I can remember that happening.

As of now, though it's still a longshot, the Devils have at least put themselves in a position where, as of February 7, they've made it interesting, especially with the way the schedule shakes out. Three games over a little more than a week against the 'Canes.

I think they have to go at least 2-0-1 against them (though even that's probably not enough), and the two wins have to be outright wins...none of this 3-point sh!t. But at least we'll know if this team really has any chance at a playoff spot sooner than later, and how Lou should approach the trading deadline.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#140 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

I think they have to go at least 2-0-1 against them (though even that's probably not enough), and the two wins have to be outright wins...none of this 3-point sh!t. But at least we'll know if this team really has any chance at a playoff spot sooner than later, and how Lou should approach the trading deadline.

lou should look at the trade deadline one way, regardless of how the devils are playing and that's to trade arnott and probably greene too.

the devils can lose about 3 or 4 more games for the REST OF THE SEASON if they want to make the playoffs. I would say there is about a 2% chance of this happening. It would be more historic than how terrible they were under maclean.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users