149 replies to this topic

#141 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

Did anyone see Lou in the box during the game? I think he was asleep.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#142 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,819 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

Yeah. And we owe those motherfvckers more than any team has owed any other team in the history of fvcking sports. At the very least, we fvck their chances of making the playoffs. Let's start administering some payback, eh?

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#143 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

We CANNOT make the mistake of thinking we are going to make the playoffs, and even if we do will make any dent. There's no need for it. Trade what we can and build for next year.

#144 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:59 AM

I felt a lot of pride in having a "Let's Go Devils" chant at the end of the game, without too much "Go Habs Go" retaliation. Some poetic justice for all the times they take over our arena.

#145 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:52 PM

^^+1

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#146 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,181 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:59 PM

Yeah. And we owe those motherfvckers more than any team has owed any other team in the history of fvcking sports. At the very least, we fvck their chances of making the playoffs. Let's start administering some payback, eh?

Well we did finish 'em off last year, that's a start at least :lol: Agreed with the sentiment though, they pull so many preposterous comebacks on us it'd be nice to do it to them.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#147 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,737 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

mmm not that its really important but why on hell did Subban got 2nd star? he was on the ice for 3 goals against and his goal was a total fluke...

www.SterioDesign.com

#148 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:57 PM

mmm not that its really important but why on hell did Subban got 2nd star? he was on the ice for 3 goals against and his goal was a total fluke...

Because in Montreal the fans pick the 3 stars.

#149 NJD_3_Cups

NJD_3_Cups

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:28 AM

Because in Montreal the fans pick the 3 stars.

Hey Mike it nice meeting you guys, hope you had a great time.

As for Subban, I am quite alright with him getting the third star, his goal got me and my row a free beer at the game!

Sitting in the molson ex zone was crazy, didn't get heckled anywhere near as much as I expected, def got booed after I was clapping and cheering after every devils goal though!
Let the fire in your eyes light the way...

#150 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:19 PM

Hey Mike it nice meeting you guys, hope you had a great time.

As for Subban, I am quite alright with him getting the third star, his goal got me and my row a free beer at the game!

Sitting in the molson ex zone was crazy, didn't get heckled anywhere near as much as I expected, def got booed after I was clapping and cheering after every devils goal though!

Yeah it was a lot of fun, nice meeting you too!

Subban got the second star, but I still think he deserved that too.

I didn't really get heckled either, just got up and cheered when they scored and was pretty quiet the rest of the time. I just got heckled as we were walking out by some stupid young fans who just went "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?" I actually had some good conversations with some Habs fans like "I guess the trip was worth it" and "Good for you for wearing your colors". One guy even took our picture, which was a nice gesture...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users