#1 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

http://www.montrealg...4820/story.html
I guess Montreal has had enough of Scott Gomez....

More goals. More assists. More playmaking. More hustle. More effort. More back-checking. And something a little more mature than a bunch of childish garbage at the end of the game.

Yeah, Gomez likes to run his mouth. He likes to play the part of the big veteran superstar and talk about how P.K. Subban ought to behave. First of all, it would be nice if he played about half as well as Subban. Then he might stop acting like Subban's spoiled younger brother.

New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#2 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:18 AM

Gomez.....YOU SUCK! :boogie:
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#3 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

meh .. nothing new here..
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#4 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

Seeing him play and behave like that last night was great.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#5 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:01 AM

He's been quite the disappointment since he left here, eh?

#6 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:20 AM

I thought the HABS fans were cry babies all game too! every little contact they wanted a call

#7 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,759 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

what do you expect from an uneducated man only after money and fame.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#8 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,341 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:34 AM

I thought the HABS fans were cry babies all game too! every little contact they wanted a call

Very true. A lot of other fans always say Habs fans are great because they are respectful and knowledgable and whatnot. I always found them to be a whiny bunch myself.

#9 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

But guys... he has Gretzky-like vision on the ice, remember? And he scores on break-taking end-to-end rushes once every three seasons.

#10 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,489 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

A guy who never should have left NJ...this is the only organization that knows how to (somewhat) muzzle Gomez's inner doofus.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#11 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:02 PM

What was he so upset about when he was bitching at the refs? Hes always kinda been a cry baby out there. Not nearly as bad as Crosby.

The fans up in Montreal are good fans. They do love the game, however yesterday, they yelled and booed every time a Hab hit the ice, even if there wasnt a Devil anywhere near them. The game was called fair as far as the refs go.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#12 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

A guy who never should have left NJ...this is the only organization that knows how to (somewhat) muzzle Gomez's inner doofus.

Hmm Gomez, Sarah Palin, must be an ALASKA thing

#13 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Quite honestly I am shocked. He was always the picture of hustle, hard-work, and class when he was a Devil.
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#14 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:13 PM

Hmm Gomez, Sarah Palin, must be an ALASKA thing

That's funny

#15 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,489 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

Quite honestly I am shocked. He was always the picture of hustle, hard-work, and class when he was a Devil.

I don't know about that one. He never seemed like a terribly hard worker or hustler...seemed more like a guy getting by on natural ability more than anything else. I think if he had really dug down and worked as hard as, say, the Zach Parises of the world, he could have been a much better player.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#16 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,343 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:25 PM

Ohhh no... not Gomez now! I'm too tired and he's not smart talented or near interesting enough. I shot my wad on Nieds... :unsure: take that how you will..

:yucky:

This

+1

gets it

:evil:

I'm here for the party

#17 theamazingtiny

theamazingtiny

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:44 PM

I don't know about that one. He never seemed like a terribly hard worker or hustler...seemed more like a guy getting by on natural ability more than anything else. I think if he had really dug down and worked as hard as, say, the Zach Parises of the world, he could have been a much better player.

Should I have put a /sarcasm at the end of my original post?
They've become a farm system for the rest of the league, developing great talent that is eventually poached by those paying more, yet they routinely rank among the league's best. - AOL Sports

Posted Image

#18 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,489 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:48 PM

Should I have put a /sarcasm at the end of my original post?

Wow LMAO...no more drinking at Super Bowl parties for me! Can't believe I took that so literally!

#30 FOREVER!

#19 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,185 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:52 PM

I believe that picture had more to do with Pat Burns, Jacques Lemaire and Scott Stevens.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#20 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:56 PM

Whoever wrote this article really needs to take a college level writing class...

I am not surprised that Gomez is acting this way, part of the reason he left was because the organization made him behave and he didn't want any of that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users