192 replies to this topic

#141 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:53 PM

So nice to see New Jersey above Ottawa by 2 points and NY Islanders by 3. Awesome. :koolaid:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#142 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:55 PM

Can't complain about the outcome...but damn I wanted this one in regulation

Yeah, and we were THAT close man. fvcking Cam Ward. But hey- they have cut the deficit in half in what- a little over a month? Still a loooong way to go... but lemme tell ya- it looks like we're gonna have some meaningful Devils hockey down the stretch at the very least. I'll take that after the disaster that was the first 3 months and a 27 point deficit a month and change ago.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#143 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

Ah, I stand corrected ... 15 points out. Forgot to consider Carolina's loser point.

Still, hot damn is this fun!

Great game for the kids. Kovy looked great. Rolston even looked downright average-to-above-average, which is a huge improvement for him. Parise's injury may have been a blessing in disguise for Zajac, because this guy is looking more and more like the goods with each passing game.

Great game!

LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#144 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:10 PM

Jacques is a little testy tonight. I like it.

#145 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Toronto, you're next!!!!!!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#146 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Thoughts:

1) I didn't think Kovy would be this good even when we signed him. He's doing the dirty work, he's playing smart, and the d focuses on him so much it opens things up for everybody. Doesn't hurt that Zajac looks like a stud out there.

2) Anybody who wants to get rid of White needs to watch this game. I've questioned him in the pass, but he's the heart and soul of this d, and he made some HUGE plays out there tonight. Crucial since Volchenkov was off.

3) I'm loving the 4th line. They have a great cycle/forecheck going. Boys are tiring out the d, more than you can expect from grinders. They deserved a goal tonight.

4) I know a lot of people are rightfully saying we should think about the long term and trade Arnott, but there might be long term benefits from keeping him -- playing with him has to be helping Teddy and Zharky develop. That pass on the first goal's great for Teddy, and he's a tough, smart vet. I won't be crushed if Lou trades him, but we'd better get some goods back.

5) My throat hurts from screaming and I'm not gonna be able to sleep because I'm pumped. RD said it best. I fvcking missed this feeling.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#147 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,113 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:16 PM

Yeah, and we were THAT close man. fvcking Cam Ward. But hey- they have cut the deficit in half in what- a little over a month? Still a loooong way to go... but lemme tell ya- it looks like we're gonna have some meaningful Devils hockey down the stretch at the very least. I'll take that after the disaster that was the first 3 months and a 27 point deficit a month and change ago.

Lou is unpredictable as a GM, he makes coaching changes at odd times, makes trades (sometimes big ones) out of nowhere, where there are no rumors or rumblings...but when this team was floundering in late November and everybody was calling for MacLeans head, Lou had to make the move to Lemaire THEN. I mean the team was quitting on a nightly basis, none of the lines had any chemistry, and they were poorly conditioned (lemaire alluded to this when he took over again)

why the hell did Lou let it get 9-22-2 bad?

This team could be AT LEAST 6-8 points better right now, which would make a huge difference
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#148 Scoopscj

Scoopscj

Rookie Devil

• Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:17 PM

I have to say I agree with the others who said they missed this feeling. I screamed at home so loud after Teddy scored that OT goal. I sure missed it.

I'm going to the Sharks game on the 11th and Carolina game on the 16th. I hope they can keep up this streak and give us some exciting hockey down the stretch.

Scoops

PS. Let's get another Supporters game please! I had such a blast.

#149 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

Lou is unpredictable as a GM, he makes coaching changes at odd times, makes trades (sometimes big ones) out of nowhere, where there are no rumors or rumblings...but when this team was floundering in late November and everybody was calling for MacLeans head, Lou had to make the move to Lemaire THEN. I mean the team was quitting on a nightly basis, none of the lines had any chemistry, and they were poorly conditioned (lemaire alluded to this when he took over again)

This team could be AT LEAST 6-8 points better right now, which would make a huge difference

I agree, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, since Mac was young, and we'd been grooming him for awhile. He deserved a shot and got it. Hindsight's 20/20, but at the time, I wanted Mac to succeed and thought he might.

Also, they didn't start succeeding until Langs got traded. Mac inherited a fvcked up locker room.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#150 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:23 PM

Great win. I mean just damn. I have never seen 2 different teams in 1 season like this in any sport.

Kovy learning D and the youngins getting seasoned were all I was hoping for at Christmas time. Didn't realize I'd be getting meaningful hockey at any point this year. Thank you.

I bet Parise has turned up the intensity in his re-hab. He must be really itching to get that Devils Jersey he has played with so much pride in back on and get on the ice with these guys. You can not downplay what this turnaround has done and will do to Parise's mind set going into negotiations. Seeing these guys go out there and play for pride and for the franchise like they are now has been utterly impressive.

Thank you Devils thank you.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#151 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#152 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:29 PM

"Lemaire on no Devs' PPs tonight: 'We feel that we don't play hard enough. That's the reason we don't get a power play.' "

Yikes! JL demanding more. I LIKE IT!

He also was pissed at Volchenkov for the penalties. Only played two shifts after the last penalty.

Edited by mmajeski06, 08 February 2011 - 10:34 PM.

#153 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

You're preaching to the converted there- I said the same thing about a week ago. MacLean should've been fired after the Islander travesty the day after Thanksgiving. Lou waited a month too long.

#154 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:37 PM

You're preaching to the converted there- I said the same thing about a week ago. MacLean should've been fired after the Islander travesty the day after Thanksgiving. Lou waited a month too long.

Agreed.

#155 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,316 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

I agree, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, since Mac was young, and we'd been grooming him for awhile. He deserved a shot and got it. Hindsight's 20/20, but at the time, I wanted Mac to succeed and thought he might.

Also, they didn't start succeeding until Langs got traded. Mac inherited a fvcked up locker room.

Yeah, the Langs trade was a big part of it too, no doubt. But that wasn't Lou's fault really, since Langs wouldn't wave his NTC during training camp when he was asked the first time.

#156 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

I am awaiting the return of :hail: :clap: Parise :hail: :clap:

Tedenby with a very good game tonight, Kovy, and Rolston also I thought played well. Clarkson, Eliase, Zubs (always)... And :moose:

I would vote Salami the goat, though nothing came of his mistakes.

Edited by Dead, 08 February 2011 - 10:45 PM.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#157 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:48 PM

I am awaiting the return of :hail: :clap: Parise :hail: :clap:

Tedenby with a very good game tonight, Kovy, and Rolston also I thought played well. Clarkson, Eliase, Zubs (always)... And :moose:

I would vote Salami the goat, though nothing came of his mistakes.

Sh1t...I don't know how, but it totally slipped my mind we are doing this without Parise. Imagine if we had him back in the lineup right now!

#158 robdeselich88

robdeselich88

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:57 PM

one question, great game great game.

WTF was salmela doing out there? And a great line from jacques tonight..
this is after a reporter says "Anton had a bad game, eh?"
JL-"Did you count how many shifts he had after that?"
reporter-........didn't need too
img]http://jerseydatabase.com/sig/temp.png?ran=987145633[/img]

#159 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

salmela is a joke.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#160 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Home games at the rock are becoming FUN and exciting again! Great win! game started slow and looked like carolina was going to steal the game but they didnt quit and got the win! wish it was regulation though!

lets go devils!!!!!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users