192 replies to this topic

#161 hmon

hmon

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

Great atmosphere at The Rock tonite. Love that everybody was high fiving each other.

#162 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:12 PM

"Lemaire on no Devs' PPs tonight: 'We feel that we don't play hard enough. That's the reason we don't get a power play.' "

Yikes! JL demanding more. I LIKE IT!

He also was pissed at Volchenkov for the penalties. Only played two shifts after the last penalty.

lol there were at least five or six times where they could have whistled Carolina but of course they always get the calls (or non-calls) against us, particularly in the third period. Usually you get at least one or two calls when you dominate to the tune of 19 shots to 3 in five-on-five.

But it's good to hear that he benched Volchenkov...it's this Lemaire I was hoping for last year when he came back but he never really held people accountable or was too afraid of stepping on toes. Now that he's coaching like it's his last season he's back to being the demanding '95 Jacques :)
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#163 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:24 PM

lol there were at least five or six times where they could have whistled Carolina but of course they always get the calls (or non-calls) against us, particularly in the third period. Usually you get at least one or two calls when you dominate to the tune of 19 shots to 3 in five-on-five.

But it's good to hear that he benched Volchenkov...it's this Lemaire I was hoping for last year when he came back but he never really held people accountable or was too afraid of stepping on toes. Now that he's coaching like it's his last season he's back to being the demanding '95 Jacques :)

Agreed. He needs to keep demanding a lot. Though we had a nice comeback tonight it was still another game with some sloppiness to it, sort of like the Florida game from last week. We can be better. Volchenkov had a tough game but I expect he'll bounce back. A few other players were sloppy too, like Palmieri. Elias has also been snake-bitten lately - couple of missed breakaways plus that chance with 14 seconds left that wouldn't go. He can be better too.

Another chance to gain some ground Thursday against Toronto.

#164 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

When is one of our injured D-Men coming back to replace Salmela?

#165 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

When is one of our injured D-Men coming back to replace Salmela?

Salvador is out for forever and Taormina is probably done for the season. So from here on out it's probably going to be either Fraser or Salmela in the six-hole, take your pick.

#166 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

Corrente should be due back though no?

#167 bodnar41

bodnar41

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:03 AM

We should call up Merrill....haha...i would like to see Urbom get some time

#168 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

What a turnaround. Considering the feeling of embarrassment I had leaving the 12/23 blowout by the Isles, I didn't think I could be this excited at a game this season. Sitting in the Rock, watching the game, there was just a buzz in the air. Like, I really never felt they were out of it and I lost it on both of the last two goals. It feels great to be a fan again.

oKCiNj.jpg

#169 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:15 AM

Corrente should be due back though no?

Oh yeah. I guess so. But I don't know if he's much better than Fraser or Salmela. Maybe marginally better.

#170 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

I nearly punched out my friend by accident celebrating Palmeri's goal tonight, luckilly no one was sitting to my right so i could step out for Teds' winner

I was up in 230 so couldn't really see the Volchenkov "elbow" but was it really worthy of a freaking disciplinary hearing?! apparently he has one tomorrow cause of it, per Bob MacKenzie

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#171 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:10 AM

this was an edge of your seat comeback.

reading how the posts change so dramatically on page 3 is epic.

also i love Doc: "Tim Gleason, a name which is a part of a bad memory for the devils, that game tying goal during game 7, and now the Devils fans are cringing and saying 'Doc, knock it off'"

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 09 February 2011 - 01:40 AM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#172 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

i believe we made the RIGHT move... :D

where is our resident trekkie???
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#173 cheggy89

cheggy89

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:33 AM

Any new on Volchenkov's elbow to the head? he banned?

#174 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 07:37 AM

Games like that make me say screw the playoffs. I mean, yeah, keep gunning for them. But if we don't make it, we'll be fine. Let's keep teaching Teddy and Palmieri how to be winners and get big goals like they did tonight. That's just as important for this franchise as making an improbable playoff run. I thought Palmieri had a bit of a tough game most of the way, but if he keeps driving the net and picking up the dirty goals, that makes it a lot better. And Teddy played smart all night. And you can't teach finishing skills like that. He's got 'em.

Yeah, I'm just enjoying watching them play competitive hockey again. The playoff dream has gone from impossible to a longshot, but even if they don't make it, I'd much rather see this than a "fvck it, we're probably not making it anyway, let's just mail it in" approach. This is far more entertaining and constructive, for vets and youth alike.

Even with this surge, the Devils are STILL last in the NHL in GF and STILL have more regulation losses than any other team. Just a reminder of how putrid those first 41 games were.

BTW, I'm sure many have noticed this, but:

1st 41 GP: 10 wins, 2 OT losses
Next 13 GP: 10 wins, 2 OT losses

Unbelievable...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#175 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

BTW, I'm sure many have noticed this, but:

1st 41 GP: 10 wins, 2 OT losses
Next 13 GP: 10 wins, 2 OT losses

Unbelievable...

Wow. Just wow.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#176 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:04 AM

The rock was well rocking tonight! Very loud "LGD" chants going on in the late 3rd after we tied it up, and crazy in OT!!! I think that is the loudest I have heard the rock in a VERY long time!!!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#177 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:21 AM

the lower bowl was very dead, i was embarrassed of the surrounding sections. we were much louder on friday.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#178 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:26 AM

Any new on Volchenkov's elbow to the head? he banned?

Since we weren't playing an original six franchise, there's still a chance he'll just get a fine.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#179 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:36 AM

TG:

Even with an effort they did not think was their best, the Devils improved to 10-1-2 in their last 13 games. They’re enjoying it, but aren’t satisfied.

“It’s nice, but it just started,” Kovalchuk said of the team’s roll. “We’ll have way more fun.”

:boogie:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#180 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:37 AM

The rock was well rocking tonight! Very loud "LGD" chants going on in the late 3rd after we tied it up, and crazy in OT!!! I think that is the loudest I have heard the rock in a VERY long time!!!

yea the chants were loud but still out of sync.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users