#1 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

My link

Kevin Oklobzija of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports that Andrew Peters has retired from hockey. The former Sabres enforcer was last in the NHL with the Devils during the 2009-2010 season. Peters was with the Vancouver Canucks organization this season but didn't play a game. He skated for 2 games with the Rochester Americans this year.

Peters played in 229 NHL games scoring 4 goals and recording 650 penalty minutes.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#2 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

:noclue:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#3 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,179 posts

Good guy, but amazing he made it in 229 games in the NHL. I was never too fond of his fighting ability either.

Edited by devilsrule33, 08 February 2011 - 02:51 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#4 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

The golf swing as a Sabre against the Maple Leafs will never be forgotten! :clap:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#5 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:49 PM

Thanks for all the years, the hard work, relentless effort and great achievements. A true legend, he will be sorely missed.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#6 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,302 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

Posted Image

#7 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,977 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for all the years, the hard work, relentless effort and great achievements. A true legend, he will be sorely missed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#8 Par9

Par9

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 02:56 PM

Haha who made the "I got a Peters" reference a while back? That was hilarious.
Official Keeper of Adam Henrique, White on the PP, and Darcy Zajac

#9 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:30 PM

let's retire his jersey.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#10 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:40 PM

The golf swing as a Sabre against the Maple Leafs will never be forgotten! :clap:

I was gonna ask if you have a link, but then again there can only be four results on YouTube for "Andrew Peters Goal"

lmao.
Put food on my family

#11 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

I was gonna ask if you have a link, but then again there can only be four results on YouTube for "Andrew Peters Goal"

lmao.

Wow, i don't know if I found it by chance but i didn't realize that the golf swing was a gesture not a goal and coincidentally found it in the first clip I clicked on on YouTube. LOL.

@6:57
Put food on my family

#12 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

Good guy, I had a good conversation with him last year at the Team Meet and Greet. He was happy to talk to me about college and Syracuse and was a genuinely nice guy.

Terrible hockey player though.

#13 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

Good guy, I had a good conversation with him last year at the Team Meet and Greet. He was happy to talk to me about college and Syracuse and was a genuinely nice guy.

+1 on everything. Nicest guy ever, but couldn't play a lick!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#14 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,836 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

We shall never see a goon be too dumb to tie down his jersey again without calling it "pulling a Peters"..... that and his fight with Ray Emery shall truly make him immortal!
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#15 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

Say what you want but the guy still made it to the NHL, more than most could ever dream of.

He had to put in the work to get there, and he some how managed to find a role.

The golf swing is legendary.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#16 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

I shared a few words with him also and he was more then happy to stand and talk to me. I wish him the best.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#17 imissricher

imissricher

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

i'm still pissed i got him as my mystery puck last year...
"All certified mail is registered...but registered mail is not necessarily certified." --- Newman

imissricher: i got an andrew peters mystery puck last year - not sure i could have gotten a worse player.

DevsMan84: A puck signed by Leeroy at the concession stand would have been better.

Posted Image

#18 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:27 AM

What's funny is calling Peters a terrible hockey player is like calling a successful local $5mil small business owner a terrible executive.

Perspective people!! Use it or lose it :evil:

Say what you want but the guy still made it to the NHL, more than most could ever dream of.

He had to put in the work to get there, and he some how managed to find a role.

The golf swing is legendary.

Great minds think alike :P

I'm here for the party

#19 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,176 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:37 AM

let's retire his jersey.

shouldnt be too hard to lift his jersey considering he was not even using his fight strap... Peters you idiot

www.SterioDesign.com

#20 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

What's funny is calling Peters a terrible hockey player is like calling a successful local $5mil small business owner a terrible executive.

Perspective people!! Use it or lose it :evil:

Perspective would be realizing the context in which the discussion is occurring. In this case, its NHL players, not the general world population.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users