104 replies to this topic

#21 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'm surprised we didn't lose any picks over this.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#22 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,473 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:39 PM

3 games... seriously? He's never been suspended before.

and it's not at ALL on purpose -- and the dude isn't even expecting to miss any games!

This is really really poor politics.

EDIT: and I do consider myself unbiased. I love getting on Devils for sh!t penalties that come out of frustration... this was just bad timing and I think a little lack of control out there -- trying too hard and getting sloppy.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 09 February 2011 - 12:40 PM.

I'm here for the party

#23 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

Cooke once again gave a dirty hit yesterday.Anyone heard of a suspension ???? Instead Volchenkov was quickly suspended.

This league is fvcking ridiculous.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#24 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:50 PM

Colin campbell is a doucher

#25 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

3 for that hit is ridiculous, i thought 2 max. now watch cooke get a $5,000 fine.

He is a Penguin BOOK IT!

#26 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:54 PM

This is another bad hit because a player was leaning forward and reaching for the puck with his head down.......
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#27 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:55 PM

Cooke's suspension just came down: Four games.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#28 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,518 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:58 PM

So considering the players past disciplinary results the league apparently feels Volchenkov's hit was more dirty thank Cooke's, since Cooke's history suggests he will be punished more harshly on repeat offender status.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#29 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

Here's the Cooke hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZW4avMvcBs

Pens commentators are such homers they just come across as caricatures at this point.

Did they actually say there is 2 ways of looking at that?? Are you kidding me he clearly hit from behind, HE CLEARLY LEFT HIS FEET! God knows I would be curious as to the other way of looking at it would be?? Of course just remember the Hoby Baker comments, and the Brodeur comment about the elderly goalie.

I mean the NHL should monitor some of the assanine comments that are made by Homer commentators and start handing out fines. I mean Team reps can get fined for ripping officials, and these guys are "team reps" they get paid by the team so they represent the team. It is time for the NHL to do something about ridiculous commentators as well!

#30 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:59 PM

What a pity the "hit" didn't merit 3 games. Anton should have knocked him into oblivion and had Boychuk (what kind of a fvcked-up name is that) carried off on a stretcher.

Once again the Canes inflict more pain on us, fvck that franchise to HELL.

#31 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,323 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:01 PM

What a pity the "hit" didn't merit 3 games. Anton should have knocked him into oblivion and had Boychuk (what kind of a fvcked-up name is that) carried off on a stretcher.

Once again the Canes inflict more pain on us, fvck that franchise to HELL.

While I don't agree with the 3 games, one positive to come out of this is that Boychuk didn't get injured. How would he getting injured have made this situation better? I'm glad he's fine and passed the concussion test.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#32 PaDevsFan

PaDevsFan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

Of course we lose him for 2 HUGE games against Toronto and Carolina!! The Sharks game while they all are important isnt as big as the other 2...

Lets hope for the Devils to rally around each other and step up even more the next few games!!

#33 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:07 PM

Yes that would have obviously helped us out greatly.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#34 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:08 PM

Of course we lose him for 2 HUGE games against Toronto and Carolina!! The Sharks game while they all are important isnt as big as the other 2...

Lets hope for the Devils to rally around each other and step up even more the next few games!!

To be fair, what game isn't huge at this point. Team dug a hole and it would be a miracle for them to even get back in the picture so having suspensions and injuries is part of the season. Let just hope the D continues to play well as I thought they looked pretty good yesterday.

#35 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

who remembers in the stream chat last night as soon as it happend i said "chenkovs gettin suspended"
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#36 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Did they actually say there is 2 ways of looking at that?? Are you kidding me he clearly hit from behind, HE CLEARLY LEFT HIS FEET! God knows I would be curious as to the other way of looking at it would be?? Of course just remember the Hoby Baker comments, and the Brodeur comment about the elderly goalie.

I mean the NHL should monitor some of the assanine comments that are made by Homer commentators and start handing out fines. I mean Team reps can get fined for ripping officials, and these guys are "team reps" they get paid by the team so they represent the team. It is time for the NHL to do something about ridiculous commentators as well!

Why do you think fans of the other 29 teams don't know what the Neutral Zone Trap is?

If a team other than the Devils "traps" ("exciting" teams like Boston-Detroit-Vancouver etc) it's "good defense", if the Devils play good defense, it's the trap.

I agree with your sentiments and would go a step further. Perhaps these commentators and color guys should get fined for stupidity and misinformation.

#37 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Cooke's suspension just came down: Four games.

This league is an absolute Joke!!!!!!!!

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#38 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:10 PM

While I don't agree with the 3 games, one positive to come out of this is that Boychuk didn't get injured. How would he getting injured have made this situation better? I'm glad he's fine and passed the concussion test.

Because in my opinion it would have justified the three game suspension.

#39 Neutral Zone Trap

Neutral Zone Trap

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,772 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

Yes that would have obviously helped us out greatly.

No, but I do have a standard philosophy. If you are going to get penalized, at least make it worth it...

Let's say Boychuk was to miss the next three games due to a mild concussion, that "evens the score" so to speak.

We lost one of ours, they lost one of theirs. JMO.

#40 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 01:20 PM

No, but I do have a standard philosophy. If you are going to get penalized, at least make it worth it...

Let's say Boychuk was to miss the next three games due to a mild concussion, that "evens the score" so to speak.

We lost one of ours, they lost one of theirs. JMO.

If he was injured they would have given Volchenkov more than three games.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users