104 replies to this topic

#81 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:28 PM

He's being suspended 3 games for being reckless. Not dirty. That's fvcking ridiculous. If he had intent to injure, I'd understand, and he deserves some penalty for initiating contact to the head, but he pulled up and didn't finish the check when he realized it was a head shot. It was a mistake which he tried to rectify, a mahor reason Boychuk's not out longer. What more do you want from the guy? Well, aside for playing on the same team as Cindy...

Crap like this is like the NFL fining James Harrison to prove they're safe, even as they try to lengthen the season. NHL needs to prove they're tough on head hits so they can turn a blind eye when the PEns, Caps or original 6 commit them.

Edited by mouse, 09 February 2011 - 04:30 PM.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#82 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,401 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

He's being suspended 3 games for being reckless. Not dirty. That's fvcking ridiculous.

Yeah really...Ovechkin got two for nearly killing Brian Campbell last year in Chicago. The only consistency the league shows with anything is to screw us and benefit other 'chosen' teams.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#83 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:42 PM

Well.... this sucks.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#84 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

fvcking horsesh!t. He deserved 1- maybe 2- MAX. Typical subjective NHL punishment garbage. fvck you Campbell you dipsh!t.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#85 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,198 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:47 PM

Staal didn't get jack for punching Prust.

at_midnight_1148.jpg

#86 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

I didnt think it was that bad of a hit originally. It was more of a fore arm shiver. It was uncalled for but 3 games? Excessive IMO.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#87 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:50 PM

Fixed. :evil:

:hail: many thanks!!

I'm here for the party

#88 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,877 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

i can live with this suspension... but just cause Cooke got 4... if cooke would have got away with that one too... then i would have been super pissed

www.SterioDesign.com

#89 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:53 PM

I don't mean to derail but I've never been to a hockey game live. I've always wondered like what the bench looks like and what the ice in front of the benches looks like from all the spitting and hawking. Does it freeze to the ice or when a player falls there does he have big spitwads on his jersey?
In addition how does each player know his gatorade bottle is his?

I've told this story before -- you can't see the boogers... but say you were at open skate at your high school rink and accidentally fell on your ass behind the bench... you'd get a leg and ass coated with snot -- I am near puking as I write this.. ever since I had a baby snots make me gag!

I'm here for the party

#90 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,130 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:54 PM

You know what's annoying -- that he probably NEEDS two games to get his sh!t together. Two games LEmiare can even stand behind. but that third game was just a big fvck you. Devils are such good sports we have to give them an additional fvck YOU game to make sure they're as sour on us as the rest of the league.

Suspentions aren't based on hit, injury, or prior record. They're based solely on organizational outrage. The Rangers explode at a fine -- Devils you have to really kick the sh!t out of them before they even emit a wince of pain.

That's a good point--I hadn't thought of it that way. Meanwhile the NHL can parade around the other leagues and show off all the awful things they did to the offenders but meanwhile their internal integrity stays intact. Douchebags...

#91 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 05:59 PM

he shouldn't have. Prust should go back to wrestling school, he has alot to learn.

#92 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,401 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

Well he didn't really deserve the match penalty he got cause Prust faked the fall big-time, the only thing that annoyed me about that is the NHL rescinded its 'automatic' suspension for a match penalty offense. Don't call it an automatic suspension if it isn't one.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#93 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:20 PM

Well he didn't really deserve the match penalty he got cause Prust faked the fall big-time, the only thing that annoyed me about that is the NHL rescinded its 'automatic' suspension for a match penalty offense. Don't call it an automatic suspension if it isn't one.

It should be called "Automatic (unless the player is on a team we like)"

#94 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:30 PM

The issue I have with Volchenkov is he has to know how unfair the suspensions are in this league, and thus not put himself in a position where he will be at the mercy of Campbell, who we know is just an absolute idiot.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#95 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

well, in that case it should have been rescinded because the ref was a total imbecile. that was a match penalty and the knee to knee on Ovie wasn't. the refs are as much of a problem as Campbell's "wheel of punishment" is.

Prust acted like he got hit by a cinder block in delayed reaction, ref bought it, seeya Staal

#96 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:09 AM

A punch in the head can not only lead to a concussion, it can kill you.

Yea there's been plenty of that in the NHL. :rolleyes:

So what's your point? The intent is still there...even more so in a fight than on some of these hits. Do you think Volchenkov was intentionally aiming for the head last night? I'd say it was bad timing more than anything else.

And for what it's worth, for every head injury or concussion sustained from one of these hits, I can probably find one from a guy getting dropped in a fight.

I'm not trying to start a fighting is good or fighting is bad arguement...just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy.

Well when you drop the gloves you pretty much agree to be punched in the face so that's probably why they don't try to relate Rule 48 to fights.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#97 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

Someone needs to step up in his absence....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#98 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:00 AM

League is a complete joke when it comes to disciplinary action (and penalties) in many instances. These issues should be addressed during the next CBA.

Oh I was LOL @ what Dano said about Cooke, and open season. At least I saw it as quoted as being said by him. While I would like to see this, it should never happen. Now if he is taken out I will feel bad for him as a human being, but I think the remaining NHL players on the ice will be safer so I will not care for the hockey player he is.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#99 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,313 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

This is the leagues way of trying to fvck us out of our miracle run

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#100 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:29 PM

Volchenkov was suspended because of all the "head trauma" hype that has been circulating professional sports lately. He deserved a penalty and a suspension (as it did look intentional in slo-mo). Bad penalty on his part.

Matt Cooke also deserves the same suspension, so its a wash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users