187 replies to this topic

#141 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:55 PM

As soon as Kovy went into turbo mode, I thought, god I hope he scores!
Posted Image Posted Image

#142 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:58 PM

Hustle button.

How do you use it? Omg all the goals that wouldn't have happened if I knew about this button.

#143 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#144 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

PAGING MANTA! How bad was the Kovalhuk signing?!? :rofl:

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#145 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:18 PM

How do you use it? Omg all the goals that wouldn't have happened if I knew about this button.

You click the stick.

It doesnt do much.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#146 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

Jamie is thinking " Good for them". Deep deep down he might acknowledge he might have been being kind of an a$$hole. Questioning his personal accountability in all situations he appeared blameless for. I think it will actually help him let go and move on. Sometimes all you need to move forward is to honestly see that while you CAN'T see it, maybe you were out of touch and despite your huge generous heart, you might have to give just a little more to get beyond it all. And that is ok. Doable. Acceptable

I'm here for the party

#147 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

Lemaire needs to be back next year or at the very least a Lemaire type of coach needs to be here.

Furthermore, it continues to show the embarrassment of a head coach that John MacLean was. I honestly wonder whether he even spent time going over little things with players or running drills. Players seem to be in better shape, seem to understand what to do in situations and how to react, almost like they are learning how to play winning hockey.

Kovalchuk's play under Lemaire is so ridiculously better, it's not even funny.

Other notes:

On defense: Fayne had one of his best games I felt on both sides of the ice. Tallinder looked bad tonight at times, as did Fraser who I pray is not back next year. Zubrus has been hot lately.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#148 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

So not fair to macLean. Jacques not only has YEARS on MacLean. He also had the benefit of screwing up then stepping back to get a good clear picture then the chance to tackle the same problem. You're giving Lemaire an undeserved Mulligan on the score sheet

I'm here for the party

#149 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,393 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 11:46 PM

That is to say your comparing apples to oranges. Not to say I want MacLean back. I honestly hoped he'd be smart enough to refuse the job in that little space when Lou said the job was his if he wanted it to the press but there was still no official appointment. Did I post that? I thought it. If Mac knows what's good for him he'll ask to stay in Albany. I truly hoped against hope for that

I'm here for the party

#150 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:10 AM

On defense: Fayne had one of his best games I felt on both sides of the ice.

I thought Fayne struggled enormously on the defensive side tonight. Was overly aggressive and lost his man or let up odd man rushes a few times because of it.

His offense was on thought, great shot selection and placement.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#151 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:26 AM

Not sure if this was mentioned, but give Fraser credit for basically saving the game. If he didn't take that penalty, I'm not sure the Devils would have been able to come back from 2 goals down.

Anyway, solid game for the Devils, despite some sloppiness in the second, they played pretty well.

#152 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

I can't stop watching Kovalchuk's goal, what beauty! Congrats to Lemaire on his 600th win! It's so nice to really enjoy hockey again!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#153 thighway

thighway

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

Just got in from being at this game......I don't know if this has been mentioned... but....
KOVY was given penalty kill time tonight!!!!!!

This to me was huge and I made it known to the dumb ass Leaf fans around me. Kovy is getting more confidence and is now more reliable in all situations. I was shocked at first, then totally impressed. He did good.....

Hedberg rocked the hizzy.... solid effort!!! Our 4th didn't do what it normally does in my opinion (Mair played), and we got the shaft on a few calls tonight, but overall a solid effort. I wish PP didn't suck worse than my 15 year old Hoover though.

Kovy flew tonight, it is crazy how Elias is EVERYWHERE, Zubs is a count on guy, 4th line is fun to watch, Zajac is crazy good on faceoffs, the D is reliable.....and this is a big one.... they GET to rebounds, clear out players from in front, etc. Noticable difference from the earlier stages of the season.

Damn is was good to scream happy things at the ACC tonight............Woooo Hoooooo................

#154 MartysGlove

MartysGlove

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

PAGING MANTA! How bad was the Kovalhuk signing?!? :rofl:

I believe it was the end of this glorious franchise's winning ways.

Something like we'll never be good again until we rid ourselves of that cancer.

Of course Manta runs and hides when things start to turn around.

#155 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:59 AM

I believe it was the end of this glorious franchise's winning ways.

Something like we'll never be good again until we rid ourselves of that cancer.

Of course Manta runs and hides when things start to turn around.

No surprise here. But he better come pay the piper soon. Kovy will likely hit 30 goals this season, despite the worst start for our entire team ever

EDIT: HE IS SCORING HUGE GOALS RIGHT NOW

Edited by ThreeCups, 11 February 2011 - 12:59 AM.

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#156 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:05 AM

the first half of this season is such a shame for this team. i know manta loved it, but there is a lot of talent here and that was inexcusable. more on john maclean and lou than the players. kovalchuk is becoming more beastly with every passing day in this uniform. i'm willing to bet that manta will not be posting at all by the all star break next season.

#157 AUtigers350z

AUtigers350z

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:16 AM

Such an amazing way to end the game!! LGD!!!!!

Posted Image

#158 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

im watching the repeat now... shh don't tell me the ending :boogie:

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#159 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,452 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:30 AM

So not fair to macLean. Jacques not only has YEARS on MacLean. He also had the benefit of screwing up then stepping back to get a good clear picture then the chance to tackle the same problem. You're giving Lemaire an undeserved Mulligan on the score sheet

And Lemaire has had the advantage of coaching a team without it's biggest cancer on it anymore since he sent Langenbrunner packing like we needed do six months sooner :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#160 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:41 AM

I went NUTS tonight when I was at the game. I was pretty quiet for most of the part, except making smart @ss Kessel remarks to some d-bag sitting a few rows over. Good game, would've like to seen some more goals but we worked hard, and lol at Phaneuf. I knew when I saw Kovy streaking down the ice, it was game over lol. Happy Birthday to me, I'm drunk, going to bed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users