187 replies to this topic

#161 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:45 AM

I went NUTS tonight when I was at the game. I was pretty quiet for most of the part, except making smart @ss Kessel remarks to some d-bag sitting a few rows over. Good game, would've like to seen some more goals but we worked hard, and lol at Phaneuf. I knew when I saw Kovy streaking down the ice, it was game over lol. Happy Birthday to me, I'm drunk, going to bed.

haha nice bday present, happy birthday.
Put food on my family

#162 franconianhell

franconianhell

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 06:18 AM

Kovy had his booster on while skating down there, so fast, nice stick handling, and an even better goal! Great, that's really really great :)

Any sharks seen yet? Don't think so...i hope they are not too tired.

Edited by franconianhell, 11 February 2011 - 06:22 AM.

Posted Image

Devils Fan
in overseas!

#163 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:06 AM

And the infamous Manta is still MIA

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#164 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,770 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti
Kovalchuk on scoring to get Lemaire his 600th: “It’s nice. We knew he had 599 and I think he’s the best coach I ever played for definitely"

Gotta give both coach and player tons of credit for this. Kovy's OT winner was wonderful, but it's everything else that Kovy's been doing that has me blown away. Lemaire has somehow undone YEARS of Kovy's bad habits and poor instincts and has turned him into a competent all-around hockey player who's putting up points to boot, in a very short period of time. Is it because Lemaire is truly that great a coach? Is it because after a incredibly dreadful first half, Kovy broke down and finally had his Richard Gere "I AIN'T GOT NOWHERE ELSE TO GO!" moment, allowing Lemaire to build him back up?

There's a part of me that wonders what will happen if Lemaire doesn't coach next year, if Kovy will retain what he's learned.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#165 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 07:57 AM

The $100 million dollar man wants to prove he is worth it. We got an amazing talent here for the next decade+. Enjoy it folks, we are going to witness a Hall of Famer during the peak of his career. He will score his 500th goal in a Devils jersey, and hopefully hoist a Cup or 3 in a Devils jersey as well!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#166 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

Hey Phaneuf..

Posted Image

THIS +1 LOL and like other posters have mentioned I like Kovy playing at the point on the PK team
The guy plays wide and long. he's a great angler and pressures the point passing. I can't wait to see him steal one.

He simply plays at a different speed than the rest of the NHL

BTW, Thanks Moose quality goaltending last night

#167 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:51 AM

Jacques for the Jack Adams.

Congrats on No. 600!

i was going to start a thread about this... i think he's gotta be in contention.
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#168 ice dog

ice dog

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

And the infamous Manta is still MIA

manta... come out to play... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u05Qot_yh9c
"Wendy...I'm home."
-Jack Torrance
Sherry Ross ‏@SherryDarlingNJ
"Little did we know the C on Parise's jersey stood for "C-ya, suckers!" Yes, I was fooled. And it is the collusion vibe that taints it."

#169 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

I rather see manta go away and stay away!

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#170 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:28 AM

I rather see manta go away and stay away!

he's certainly entitled to his opinion on kovalchuk. however, vanishing while the devils are succeeding raises serious questions about his fandom.

#171 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 09:44 AM

he's certainly entitled to his opinion on kovalchuk. however, vanishing while the devils are succeeding raises serious questions about his fandom.

He was doom and gloom re: Kovy from the beginning. He was definitely sooooo happy that his "prediction" was right; for at least a few months. Now that Kovy is playing like we all hoped he would, Manta has vanished like Houdini! He is probably terribly upset that he is not nostradamus after all. Maybe MANTA was the problem with the Devs this year. He was a jinx and now that he is MIA, the boys are on a hotttt streak. Here's to hoping Manta never comes back, and the Devs keep on keepin on all the way to the PLAYOFFS?!?!? :cheers:

#172 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:08 AM

I'm just happy we're back to winning, that the team and coaches are obviously having fun again, and I'm starting to wonder when it will be time for daily Parise updates :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#173 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,071 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

Furthermore, it continues to show the embarrassment of a head coach that John MacLean was.

I dont know about that. JMAC did have to deal with the cancer that is Langs.

#174 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

I dont know about that. JMAC did have to deal with the cancer that is Langs.

excuses. so did Burns, Robinson, Julien, Sutter and Lemaire, none did THAT terrible

well he didn't become a cancer til Sutter got here, but regardless. 9-22 because of one player? I smell bullsh!t

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil, 11 February 2011 - 11:42 AM.

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#175 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:43 AM

excuses. so did Burns, Robinson, Julien, Sutter and Lemaire, none did THAT terrible

well he didn't become a cancer til Sutter got here, but regardless. 9-22 because of one player? I smell bullsh!t

Check the Stars record pre-Vagine and now with .... the drop-off is significant (as well as the lack of production from the "leader")
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#176 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:45 AM

yeah but like what is he doing? going into the locker room and yelling "EVERYONE SUCK TONIGHT!"? I don't understand how one player can be that bad for a team

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#177 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,841 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

yeah but like what is he doing? going into the locker room and yelling "EVERYONE SUCK TONIGHT!"? I don't understand how one player can be that bad for a team

You'd be AMAZED how one disruptive influence can screw your team over..... even more so when there is a C on his jersey......
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#178 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:01 PM

Check the Stars record pre-Vagine and now with .... the drop-off is significant (as well as the lack of production from the "leader")

the difference here is that the stars were already a bad team when langenbrunner got there.

http://www.behindthe...ersey-vs-dallas

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#179 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:04 PM

You'd be AMAZED how one disruptive influence can screw your team over..... even more so when there is a C on his jersey......

i suppose your right. aside from 2003, what had he ever done to earn that C? like I can't even picture him being a leader in the locker room. Whenever i used to visualize him talking to the team in the locker room, all i could think of was him standing in front of a dry-erase board mumbling to his team.

#180 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,479 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:24 PM

Jamie is great. He's team centric, generous to a fault, loves and understands hockey. He's articulate as well actually. He's also Fiercely loyal. and when that gets messed up -- and he supports the individual over the team -- well then there are problems.

I dont think he's had any effect on Dallas yet. Unless he's blabbing about what was wrong for him in NJ... that can take a toll. but he doesn't seem a recreational bitcher as much as a knee-jerk defender of truth justice and the hockey player way. He just lost sight of the ACTUAL HOCKEY part. :noclue:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 11 February 2011 - 01:25 PM.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users