138 replies to this topic

#121 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:19 PM

Woooooooooo great win! This needs to be posted again cause the whole crowd was great tonight...

Kovy on the post game show - "I don't think we got a lot of energy from the start but then the crowd keep us going and we appreciate that, we need their support"

Edited by Satans Hockey, 11 February 2011 - 11:45 PM.

#122 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

1 being not at all and 10 being smashed, we were a 2 or 3 at best. The Devils played a strong game tonight. They are a team now. They all know they can do it and have the potential to get to where they need to be. Its nice to see again.

Eh we were outplayed by a fair margin, particularly in the first period but I expected that with this being a seventh game in eleven days, and a third in fourth with the first two being OT games. The fact they won a game which was almost an automatic L on paper (especially against a Shark team almost as hot as us) tells you there might be a little magic in the air.

Still a long way to go though...and with four days off between games the deficit might go up a couple of points by Wednesday. All I ask is just keep getting to the next home game with a chance. We might not make the playoffs this year but in a sense we already have, these whole last couple weeks have had playoff intensity and hopefully that continues for a while.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#123 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 11:33 PM

More positive Kovy numbers:

I've done my share of pointing out Kovy's struggles earlier, so it's only fair to post how well he's been doing lately:

Kovy's numbers over this 12-1-2 run:

15 GP, 9 G, 8 A, 17 Pts, +8, 46 SOG

He's been a minus player in just two of these games, and has been held without a point in only four.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#124 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

Terrific win. What a week. All without Marty.

#125 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,488 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

Terrific win. What a week. All without Marty.

I'm sure the bolded part has you wetting your pants, but in Marty's last 11 appearances, he's 8-1-1 with a 1.79 GAA and a .933 save%. Pretty damned good.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#126 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,893 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

I think he'll still have them from time to time, but he's clearly becoming much more sound all-around. This wasn't one of his better games, yet he still found a way to get a couple of points, and scored on his one and only shot. I think he's up to 27 points in his last 31 GP...he keeps doing that, continues to improve the other parts of his game, and keeps the brainfarts to a minimum, I'll happily take it.

Here here.

#127 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 10:32 AM

JL giving them two days off! Good idea, they earned it! hit the hot tubs and relax :koolaid:

#128 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:34 PM

I'm sure the bolded part has you wetting your pants, but in Marty's last 11 appearances, he's 8-1-1 with a 1.79 GAA and a .933 save%. Pretty damned good.

I agree Marty has been on fire as of late.

The bolded statement, however, gives me hope for when he hangs them up. They can win without him without having an Elite goalie between the pipes. Success can be accomplished once he is done being our cornerstone.

Either was, congratulations Devils, another hard fought, no quit effort.

Also, thank you to the fans that went tonight, I couldn't make it because I had a very important meeting this morning which I had to focus on, but hearing that atmosphere on TV was amazing. The 3rd period sounded like a playoff game... in Western Canada. So much energy, just freaking awesome.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#129 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,267 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 03:39 PM

fans were freakin rediculous, i could hear every chant through the tv

"THREW ONE IN FRONT IT’S BLOCKED THERE, SCRAMBLE FOR IT THERE THEY POKE AWAY AT IT, STILL ITS LOOSE, POKED AT BY KOVALCHUK-
THEY SCOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEE!!!!! HENRIQUE!! ITS OVER!!”

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

#130 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

Did Elias "score" an empty net goal at the end that was waived off? I hear it went in before the last second ticked away. Was there a reply of the goal?

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#131 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

Did Elias "score" an empty net goal at the end that was waived off? I hear it went in before the last second ticked away. Was there a reply of the goal?

Yeah they ruled it went in after the buzzer. :rolleyes:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#132 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:22 PM

it made it in, but i think time ran out.

either way i think patty will take not having an extra goal for the win.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#133 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:40 PM

They did not replay it.

#134 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

They did not replay it.

If they did not replay it I can only assume that it was a good goal then. Why wouldnt they replay it otherwise?

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#135 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,878 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:26 PM

If they did not replay it I can only assume that it was a good goal then. Why wouldnt they replay it otherwise?

I was hoping it would've counted too. All I know is that when they came back from the commercial break, Cangiolosi briefly mentioned that it crossed the line after time expired. I think that was the last time anyone mentioned it. I can only guess that because the Devils won the game, they figured it wasn't that important.

#136 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

When they play baseball games in Cleveland they never show a poor call on the big screen. Probably because they know we're drunk and stupid enough to start rioting because of it.
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#137 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 05:56 PM

They reviewed it and it went in after the buzzer.

It was pretty clear with no replay though that it was at least a half second late if not more than that. But who cares?

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 12 February 2011 - 05:56 PM.

#138 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:51 PM

Actually, I was able to (miraculously if you ever deal with it) stop the OnDemand replay at .2 and .1 and it didn't look in either time. It was the angle from center ice, not the overhead net cam, but it looked like it crossed after 00:00, but like -.1 or -.2! So Close! If he ate Wheaties for breakfast it woulda been in! :koolaid:

Edited by Masked Fan, 14 February 2011 - 02:52 PM.

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#139 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:33 PM

More positive Kovy numbers:

I've done my share of pointing out Kovy's struggles earlier, so it's only fair to post how well he's been doing lately:

Kovy's numbers over this 12-1-2 run:

15 GP, 9 G, 8 A, 17 Pts, +8, 46 SOG

He's been a minus player in just two of these games, and has been held without a point in only four.

This is awesome to finally see!
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users