Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 04:11 AM

Posted Image

And...

Posted Image

I'm a huge Jeep fan, love their cars. Some might know, I own a 99 Limited, and I love the thing. I read GC news like its my job sometimes, and I thought I would share what the new 2005 could look like. This pictures were at dealerships last year (2003) so the final body style could be slighty altered, but other than that, this seems to be what it will be like. I like it.

It's bigger and it's more powerful. It's going to come with the Hemi option, which is glorious. 345hp 5.7L V8 Hemi, that's an engine right there. Funny how DaimlerChrysler is putting their Hemi engines in EVERYTHING. It's in the Ram, it's in the Durango, it's in the new Magnum, and probably going in the new Dakota. What's next, going to put it in the Caravan or something?

Some other new features the 2005 will have:
IFS (Independent Front Suspension)
Base engine: 3.7L V6 250hp Hemi (Not confirmed yet) and they are still keeping the 235hp 4.7L V8 that has been in the 99-Present model
W5A580 5 speed automatic transmission
The 5.7L Hemi engine will feature Cylinder Deactivation that will shutdown 4 of the 8 cylinders when they aren't needed. 20% fuel improvement and transitions in just 40 milliseconds, smoothly
Double sized screen with navigation
Unibody frame made by Valient
And much more.

All info was obtained at http://wkjeeps.com/kmenu.htm.

The car is supposed to be unveiled at the NYC Auto Show, which I'm planning to attend. Hopefully it does get unveiled then, it was supposed to be at the Detroit show, but that never happened.

Date the new Jeep is set to be released: October 2004.

Can't wait!!
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

#2 LetsGoDevils

LetsGoDevils

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 12:02 PM

And with every engine start, a tree falls in the rain forest. :P J/K

Looks nice, but I'll stick with my puny Honda CRV. It's just enough to get me through the winters and not kill my wallet.
So Say We All

#3 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,047 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 01:39 PM

I have been driving a friends 2004 Grand Cherokee a lot lately. I love the ride, it is so smooth. I also just bought an 1986 jeep as a utility vehicle and at 182K miles it still runs well.

The new 05 looks nice, more refining of the details.

#4 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 11:25 PM

My '94 Limited has been a pain in the ass lately. I'm taking it into the shop once a month it seems.
Posted Image

#5 tarabelle99

tarabelle99

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 08:44 PM

My mom had an 84 Jeep Cherokee and my dad had a 69 Jeep J10 p/u.

Both were awesome and never had any problems.........

love the sleekness of the 05 though.
Pity me. I'm surrounded by Red Sox fans.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shameless Plug for my Drummah friend:

http://www.walthamtheband.com

#6 poohbear

poohbear

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:58 PM

Motorheads!!!!

I'd take that Caravan with a hemi, though. That should help me get outta CAA, huh? :P
Proud NJDevs Co-Keeper of Martin Brodeur. I'm with you, LD30!

How hot is my avatar? Woof, I love those eyes!! Ugh, I'm such a girl.

#7 smokinscurvy

smokinscurvy

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 February 2004 - 09:59 PM

I really like it. :clap:

It has that old-school boxy look to it. But I'm biased ... I own a slightly modified 2000 Cherokee Classic. :evil: I wouldn't give my Jeep up for anything ... well, ALMOST anything. B)

I know the pieces fit

#8 Sarge18

Sarge18

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,552 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:43 AM

Ugh had a 99 V8 and it had so many problems it was crazy. Driveshafts rusted through at 14,000 in a warm climate. Transfer case needed replacing. And after about 7500 miles it would run like absolute junk. Great engineed truck, built like complete junk. And i know im not the only person to experience this, they had some pretty widespread problems. Since this wonderfull experience ive become anti Chrysler, and problems like this throughout their entire line are why Daimler is thinking about spinning Chrysler off again.

Im sure that the new one will be a good truck, but i wouldnt buy one till i got to see some service records personally.
"Jay Pandolfo's last game at Boston University was against the Wolverines," Madden said. "My job was to cover his line. Jay had scored something like 30 goals in 30 games that season. And that was his 31st game. Guess what happened?"

"We always joke about it now," Madden said. "Jay tells me: 'You shut me down that game and you've been shutting me down ever since. The only problem is, now you're playing with me. ' "

#9 NJayDevil

NJayDevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:58 AM

That's odd. Usually Jeeps don't typically have major problems like that, but rather really stupid little problems like the door lock motors, speakers would blow out, etc etc.

I have the dinky I-6 engine and I have 65k miles on it so far and it's running SO perfectly. Never had any major problems.

My brother had a 94 Jeep and that thing lasted until 120k miles. There was 1 major problem with it and that was the transmission needed to be replaced around 110k miles I believe. He now has a 00 V8 and couldn't be happier with the performance.

Wish I had a V8...
Official Keeper of Little G
New Jersey Devils|3|New York Yankees|27|New York Giants|3|Penn State|4|
"They are the loudest and most loyal students in the country. They call this place Happy Valley?
That's an understatement tonight. This is definitely the best place on Earth. I have seen Paternoville,
I have seen these students...there is nothing like this in the country."

-ESPN College Gameday
"We cannot rank Penn State University against other schools
in the party school category because we feel it is unfair to
rank professionals against amateurs."

-Playboy Magazine
"You're driving along with nothing and then it's like
cow... cow... cow... 20,000 hot chicks!
That's Penn State."

-Jon Stewart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users