#1 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image
If anyone has used the newest version of Google Earth (version 6), there is a feature to not only use current satellite images, but you can also use this slider and go back in time and see previous satellite images through the years. Thought it was pretty cool to see how the site where our home now sits went from being a few buildings and a parking lot to everything it is now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The most recent image. Notice by now (2010) Championship Plaza is completed in the upper right

Posted Image

And of course the 3D modeling in Google Earth: Notice the statue is up in Championship Plaza.

Posted Image

Thought it was pretty cool to see the evolution.

Edited by Legion15, 05 March 2011 - 10:50 PM.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#2 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

Ah, I remember the excitement of slowly watching it go up over the months and years.

Also, I seem to recall a thread titled South of the Border in relation to the move to Newark...I didn't entirely get it at the time...but having just driven to/from Florida last week, I think I get it now. Call it a four-year delayed reaction. :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users