• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 vladb

vladb

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:09 AM

See the thing is that since I can't say whether the hit was dirty or not I also cannot decide whether you a whining or are justified. Anyways.............are you griping about this on the message boards of all 30 teams? Cause if thats the case then even if it was a dirty hit you are being a whiner.

You don't make sense... I'll just move on. Thanks.

#22 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 04:22 AM

That post makes perfect sense. If you are running to every single message board complaining about the hit on Naslund then you are taking this a bit too far and a bit too personally. Sorry if the truth hurts....

#23 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:56 AM

For what it is worth, I thought it was a clean hit.

That said, we see what happens when Scott hammers someone. Head hits are part of the game right now. We either ban them, legislate better helmets, or we are going to see more players out with concussions. I'd rather see the best of the best out there, not the best of those able to avoid concussions.
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#24 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:55 AM

Too late, Don. Tough to undo. These brain dead refs!!! It's like telling someone to close their eyes and think of anything but white horse. It's implanted.

#25 Don

Don

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,849 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:08 AM

I don't get it. What is the deal with criticizing the refs. It was a clean hit IMHO. The ref has nothing to call.

What I am saying is that we either create a rule for the ref to call when there is a hit to the head. THEN there would be the right to criticize the ref if nothing is called.

Otherwise, we keep the rules as they are, but force the players to wear a more protective helmet (and visors).
"Lock'n'Load!" - Denny Crane
"Denny Crane!" - Denny Crane
"Trix are for kids!" - Denny Crane
"I hate cling-ons!" - Denny Crane

#26 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:17 AM

Right!! I'm saying that I agree in thoery, but try to get it instituted by these guys. In the same thread as the high sticking and holding that were to be the NEW rules this year.

#27 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 01:59 AM

[Whoa....... Bertuzzi's got more character then you do, prick.. He's deserved his accolades and it is not very fitting for a lame nobody to diss Bert for no good reason (absolutely none).]

Son, if you call me a prick one more time, you're going to understand what the meaning of hellfire and brimstone raining down means. Do I make myself clear to you?

I don't particularly care if you consider me "a lame nobody" or not. I will voice my opinion of Bertuzzi whenever and wherever I choose to. Do I make myself clear to you? I don't like Bertuzzi. I never have and I never will.

His talent I respect. It's god-given. His mouth I don't respect. He spews more garbage then a sewer pipe. He likes to dish out the physical crap, but can't take it. He needs to be taught some manners.

Bertuzzi is all mouth and Crawford has psychiatric issues.

Again, do I make myself clear to you? :angry:

IceThief
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#28 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,593 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:04 AM

Heh, what's with the e-thuggery? :unsure:
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#29 djstubbs

djstubbs

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,689 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:15 AM

[Whoa....... Bertuzzi's got more character then you do, prick.. He's deserved his accolades and it is not very fitting for a lame nobody to diss Bert for no good reason (absolutely none).]

Son, if you call me a prick one more time, you're going to understand what the meaning of hellfire and brimstone raining down means. Do I make myself clear to you?

I don't particularly care if you consider me "a lame nobody" or not. I will voice my opinion of Bertuzzi whenever and wherever I choose to. Do I make myself clear to you? I don't like Bertuzzi. I never have and I never will.

His talent I respect. It's god-given. His mouth I don't respect. He spews more garbage then a sewer pipe. He likes to dish out the physical crap, but can't take it. He needs to be taught some manners.

Bertuzzi is all mouth and Crawford has psychiatric issues.

Again, do I make myself clear to you? :angry:

IceThief

Yo Icethief, awesome post there, who the hell is vlad anyway....

Wow, I enjoyed reading that comeback, thanks Icethief. :rofl:

#30 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:22 AM

Guys, cut it out, take it to PM.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#31 IceThief

IceThief

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:34 AM

[Yo Icethief, awesome post there, who the hell is vlad anyway....

Wow, I enjoyed reading that comeback, thanks Icethief. ]

Sorry, guys. I simply don't care for people who act like cyber punks and start the name-calling as if they're Conan The E-Barbarian.

I got a little carried away, but Vlad pissed me off. So I stood up for myself.

RoughDraft, I apologize for blowing a fuse. But somehow, I don't think Vlad is going to achieve what he hoped to.

His little, shall we say, hissy fits don't impress me one bit. I quite enjoy stomping cockroaches and that's what Vlad is. :ph34r:

IceThief
In honor of one of the greatest dmen to ever play the game, I remain to this day and forever after a lifetime member of the Scott Stevens Fan Club:

"If you ever had to describe what a Devil player would be," said Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello, "the name would be Scott Stevens."

"He was just huge," Devils left wing Patrik Elias said of walking into training camp the first time in 1995. "I was afraid of him. You had a 170-pound guy coming here and he was 220, 225 with these paws like a bear. I was pretty intimidated the first few years. I'm happy he was on my side the whole time."

#32 Derek21

Derek21

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,854 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:52 AM

Oh man! Icethief with the diss and dismissal :lol: . I am not saying anything else.

"The greatest trick Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

Hasan, Brian and I blog at New York Puck. Devils, Islanders, Rangers and Sabres.

#33 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:31 PM

Man, how long have some of you folks been watching hockey? Has the Instigator rule taken all the fight out of the fans as well?

Even if it was the cleanest hit you ever saw, when someone knocks your top-scoring captain out of the game your biggest goon goes out and tries to kill him. Anyone even bumped Wayne in the 80s and Semenko beat the living crap out of them. People want the scoring back, let 'em fight.
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users