35 replies to this topic

#1 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,862 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

1. New Jersey Devils

The New Jersey Devils. Bet you didn't see this one coming, did you? The Devils jersey has all the components of an impressive uniform. Great colors in Red, Black, and White. An absolutely fantastic logo. And it's intimidating. The red and black take this jersey to the next level to make it easily the best in the league.

http://bleacherrepor...jerseys/page/11

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:35 AM

If it didn't come from the bleacher report, I would say pretty cool. Just about anyone can post anything on there.

#3 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

10. Calgary
9. St.Louis
8. Philly
7. Toronto
6. Detroit
5. Edmonton (blue/orange)
4. Devils
3. Montreal
2. Buffalo (old style)
1. Chicago

#4 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:38 PM

Wow, nice I'm not the only one thinking that way. Turns out, the Devils' jerseys were actually one of the biggest reasons why I chose this team. :lol: I just had to pick a team in one of those older NHL games' demos and the Devils were one of the two, so I thought "hey, the 'Devils' sound intimidating, plus I like Manchester United, the Red Devils... and those jerseys look really sharp!". :evil: I know it sounds silly, but that's just the way it is: when you play a game and have to choose a team from a league you know nothing about, the only criteria are the city, name, logo, colours and jerseys. :) Then, when I started following the *real* NHL, I just sticked to New Jersey and I can honestly say it was the best choice I could do. Can't imagine myself rooting for someone else instead of them.

So, yeah, I always considered our jerseys some of the coolest in the league. :)

Wow, that was almost a Pepperkornish-level stream-of-conciousness, lol... ;) No offense, of course. :)

#5 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

I LOVE the jersey and logo, but I'd still put it second behind le Bleu, Blanc, Rouge. But still, very cool to see :)
I love the Blues' jersey as well; I have a yellow center ice practice jersey of theirs I wear out skating on occasion.

Edited by jim777, 22 March 2011 - 01:13 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#6 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 01:28 PM

I love the wild jersey
Devils.

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

I have always loved the following jerseys in no particular order:

Nordiques
Winnipeg Jets (the design right before they moved)
Blackhawks
NorthStars
Brett Hull-era Blues
late 80's to early 90's flying skae Canucks jersey
Devils (of course)
Rags (I know but it is pretty cool and influential)
original Sabres jersey

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,151 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 02:54 PM

:boogie:

..but yeah, bleacher report kinda sucks

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#9 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,424 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 03:55 PM

Bleacher Report is a cesspool. Its nice to get anything positive said about this franchise, but from them its like Chris Brown saying he's a Devils fan.

#10 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 04:58 PM

Can't stand bleacher report. They are the ones that had that post completely bashing the Devils and New Jersey.
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

Our jerseys kick ass!

Posted Image

#12 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:50 PM

how could our jersey NOT be the best!? it freakin rocks

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#13 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

how could our jersey NOT be the best!? it freakin rocks

The Hawks jersey if fvcking great too.

Posted Image

#14 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:42 PM

If he's not a Devils fan, I'll take it.
Posted Image

#15 vonbonds

vonbonds

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

I love the wild jersey

I agree with this, I like theirs a lot too. I really dislike the Flyers but think they have a cool one as well as Toronto and Boston. I am old school though, I prefer the Devils christmas tree jersey colors over the current color scheme but that is me :).

#16 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:03 PM

I agree with this, I like theirs a lot too. I really dislike the Flyers but think they have a cool one as well as Toronto and Boston. I am old school though, I prefer the Devils christmas tree jersey colors over the current color scheme but that is me :).

While I love the old red and green, I've always wondered, does the color green and devil go together? Well we are the Garden State, so I guess it's a nice mixture.

Posted Image

#17 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:02 AM

That was the idea of the green & red jerseys. McMullen's wife thought they would be appropriate colors since NJ is the Garden State and the Jersey Devil lives in the Pinebarrens. That's the story I've been told several times.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#18 Korean Kid 23

Korean Kid 23

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:04 AM

That was the idea of the green & red jerseys. McMullen's wife thought they would be appropriate colors since NJ is the Garden State and the Jersey Devil lives in the Pinebarrens. That's the story I've been told several times.

Oh well it does make perfect sense. I love the red and green for a classic look.. But the current design is an intimidating look.

Posted Image

#19 ChilltownDevs2673

ChilltownDevs2673

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:09 AM

Oh well it does make perfect sense. I love the red and green for a classic look.. But the current design is an intimidating look.

Without question the current jerseys are very intimidating. The great sustained success of this franchise tied to the classic and timeless horned and tailed NJ crest on the red and black jersey with the classic design makes the donner of the jersey look all the more formidable and intimidating.

I do love the red and green jerseys or as I like to call them "The Garden State Jerseys". They gave the young franchise a classic look with the Garden State Green that tied them to the state and it's residents coupled with the NJ logo that has stood the test of time. For their time they were very well designed. I have to say they are my favorite.

Edited by ChilltownDevs2673, 24 March 2011 - 01:12 AM.

RANGERS SUCK; FLYERS SWALLOW!!!

#20 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,389 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

In my biased opinion, the Devs crest is the best, hands down...but I am biased.

The jersey however, could do well to lose the horrid black shoulders.......go straight red for the red jersey and white for the white jersey.

Just one man's opinion. But I would prefer going back to their roots and returning to the green and red.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users