3 replies to this topic

#1 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:44 PM

Posted ImageIts been a little over a week since the season ended early but Devils’ President/CEO/General Manager Lou Lamoriello went back to work Monday signing goaltending prospect Keith Kinkaid to an entry-level contract.  As per club policy, terms were not released to the public.

The addition of Kinkaid should be no surprise to Devils fans. The organization is looking to stock the system with possible replacements for the aging legend Martin Brodeur. Kinkaid fits the mold of typical Lamoriello types of players. He’s American born, played college hockey and went undrafted. A definite diamond in the rough that the Devils hope will shine up very nicely.

He spent the last two seasons at Union College playing in the Eastern College Athletic Conference. The lanky netminder also helped lead Union College to their first-ever NCAA Tournament appearance, losing to eventual NCAA Champion Minnesota-Duluth. The young goaltender also backstopped the Dutchmen to a first place finish in the ECAC, earning their first ever Cleary Cup. Kinkaid put together an outstanding 37-18-6 record in his college career, including four shutouts and a 2.18 goals-against average.

The newest Devil also took home his share of personal hardware for some stellar work over the past season. The list of accolades includes being named a 2010-11 AHCA First Team All-American, First Team All-ECAC and earning the Ken Dryden Award as the league’s top goaltender. Prior to this season he took home ECAC All-Rookie Team honors and Third Team All American in 2008-09. Not a bad resume for a player that went unnoticed by NHL scouts.

Despite missing the playoffs this season, winning is the standard for the Devils it’s players, like Kinkaid. In 2008-09, the Farmingville, NY native took home playoff MVP honors while helping the St. Louis Bandits of the North American Hockey League to the Robertson Cup Championship.  During that same season Kinkaid was named the league MVP, goaltender of the year, and First Team All-Star. Again, another list of impressive awards.

From everything I have been reading this is another solid pick up by Lou. Kinkaid was born on the fourth of July and I hope this is the first of many off season fireworks from Lamoriello and the Devils.

Follow me at twitter.com/@westcoastdevfan

View the full article
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#2 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

Great write up Thanks WCDF!

#3 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Thanks DM! I just noticed this section! Sweet!
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

#4 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 08:53 PM

Nice read...thank you.
Posted Image