• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SteveStirling

SteveStirling

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

After a grueling seven-game series against defending champions the Chicago Blackhawks, the Vancouver Canucks were dismayed to learn they would be required to win three more series to win the Stanley Cup.

The team was informed late Wednesday that it would begin another seven-game series with the Nashville Predators Thursday night, the second of what could be four total series.

“Wait what?” said defenseman Kevin Bieksa.  “But we already beat the champs.  Wasn’t that why we were celebrating the other night right? Jesus, man, somebody better tell Burrows before he grand marshall’s that parade in his hometown.”

Bieksa’s teammates were just as perplexed.

“The Nashville Predators?” asked forward Ryan Kesler, reached while lurking behind news reports of tornado devastation in Alabama. “But I was never any good at baseball.”

Others, like veteran goaltender, Roberto Luongo, suspected something.

“I knew something was up. I was in a spelling bee yesterday and they totally wouldn’t take Luongo as the proper spelling of redemption,” he said.

Henrik Sedin, exhausted after the Blackhawks series, immediately put a backup plan in place.

“sh!t.  Daniel!” he yelled to his brother at their home. “Get the backup twins ready! Nathanial and Svenrik need to start defrosting if they’re going to be ready by tonight!”

View the full article on Intent To Blow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users