Єklund (2.3% accurate) HAS IT AS WELL!

#3 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,521 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

:cheers: It'll be interesting to see the timeline that led to this when it comes out.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#4 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:22 PM

Posted Image

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#5 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:41 PM

Thank you to our troops!
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#6 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:42 PM

Yeah baby lets fvcking go. Justice has been served.

#7 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:58 PM

Osama Bin Laden (Upper Body Injury) - Will not Return

In all seriousness, thank you to anyone on here or who has family who has served or is serving. You are the true Heroes, not the suits in Washington who are trying desperately to benefit from your sacrifices.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#8 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

Єklund (2.3% accurate) HAS IT AS WELL!

That's hilarious
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#9 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

I won't be convinced until I have an opportunity to review the long-form birth certificate personally.

EDIT: The icing on the cake is that Obama got to interrupt Celebrity Apprentice. I wouldn't blame him if he sat on the news for an hour or so for timing purposes.

Edited by Daniel, 01 May 2011 - 11:12 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#10 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,223 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

Better late than never.

But I don't get the extreme hooplah. Facebook is exploding with YAYYYYY's. I'm sure as hell happy this monster is dead, but it doesn't mean my Uncle Jim didn't die in the World Trade Center.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#11 Devilish34

Devilish34

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,324 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

:koolaid: :w00t: :boogie:

:cheers: It'll be interesting to see the timeline that led to this when it comes out.

That could be a long short story

86 the Kool Ade -- we need some fvcking icewater for these pussies

Posted ImageRIP Bill 1931-2007
RIP Major/Dr. John Paul Pryor killed in Iraq on 12/25/08. You will be greatly missed and can never be replaced.
What Happened To Dr Pryor?

You might be a Redneck if you brag about running a 11.57@118.14Posted Image

#12 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

Osama Bin Laden (Upper Body Injury) - Will not Return

HAHAHA awesome!!

In all seriousness, thank you to anyone on here or who has family who has served or is serving. You are the true Heroes, not the suits in Washington who are trying desperately to benefit from your sacrifices.

Very well said. This wasn't Obama, this wasn't Bush, this was our armed forces. They are the ones that deserve all the credit.

I'm sure as hell happy this monster is dead, but it doesn't mean my Uncle Jim didn't die in the World Trade Center.

I didn't lose anyone that day but I agree. Watching the news, they are talking about people that lost loved ones and all this, well killing Osama isn't going to bring them back.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#13 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

Posted Image

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#14 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

True, but it wasn't so long ago that this type of operation wouldn't have been approved for fear of upsetting local sensitivities and such. So while I'd buy the guy who put the bullet in Bin Laden's brain a beer before the President, it is an example of the President doing things correctly from his end.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#15 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:44 PM

Very well said. This wasn't Obama, this wasn't Bush, this was our armed forces. They are the ones that deserve all the credit.

No one can take away anything from our armed forces, but be serious here.

Everyone involved with this operation deserves credit for this. From the first person that received the intelligence and the rest of the intelligence community, to the President for making the call to launch the operation, to the team on the ground that executed the operation. Obviously, the guys in harm's way both involved in the operation and serving in other posts throughout the region deserve the utmost gratitude, but everyone involved is deserving of credit.

This was a success on all fronts in respect to this episode.

The GAME OVER photo is very premature. The game just goes into the next phase now. Bin Laden was only a figurehead and mostly symbolic. Now we wait and see what the backlash is and if these a$$holes decide to take another shot at us or other countries who supported getting rid of him and others like him.

Its exciting and wonderful that bin Laden is gone, but someone will take his place, whether he has the same clout is yet to be seen. Hopefully, we can strike him down a lot quicker.

#16 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:32 AM

Everyone involved with this operation deserves credit for this. From the first person that received the intelligence and the rest of the intelligence community, to the President for making the call to launch the operation, to the team on the ground that executed the operation. Obviously, the guys in harm's way both involved in the operation and serving in other posts throughout the region deserve the utmost gratitude, but everyone involved is deserving of credit.

This was a success on all fronts in respect to this episode.

Its exciting and wonderful that bin Laden is gone, but someone will take his place, whether he has the same clout is yet to be seen. Hopefully, we can strike him down a lot quicker.

What pissed me off to no end was how at his little speech, the President acted as if he woke up one day with this epiphany to go and get Bin Laden and his continuous use of "I's" only fueled my disgust for the way it was written.

As you pointed out, this is the absolute definition of a team effort to get that son of a b!tch. But the way, to me at least, it came across when the cameras were turned on was "look what I did."

Just my humble/tired opinion

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#17 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

No one can take away anything from our armed forces, but be serious here.

Everyone involved with this operation deserves credit for this. From the first person that received the intelligence and the rest of the intelligence community, to the President for making the call to launch the operation, to the team on the ground that executed the operation.

What US president would not have launced the operation? Did Obama or Bush really do anything other than say, "Yeah, go get him."?

Also...
https://www.youtube.com/user/RomanticSingles#p/a/u/0/n-Luh-kd5pQ

Edited by devilsfan26, 02 May 2011 - 01:27 AM.

--John Buccigross

#18 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:40 AM

#19 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:00 AM

What US president would not have launced the operation? Did Obama or Bush really do anything other than say, "Yeah, go get him."?

Richard Clarke has been quoting as stating that Bush dropped the ball on bin Laden because he was more focused on Iraq and ignored things that may have led to his capture sooner, whether this is true or not, I don't know and merely stating what I've read. During Obama's 2008 campaign, he stated ad nauseum that his #1 priority in the region was bin Laden. Let's not forget that we've been after bin Laden for almost 20 years in one way, shape, or form. He started defining his strategy during the Reagan administration. He launched attacks against us and allies in the Clinton administration, who also made attempts at killing him. He launched the worst attack on US civilians in history during the Bush administration, who basically launched a war against him. He was caught during the Obama administration.

Speaking purely politics, this is the biggest moment in Obama's presidency. Just as presidents get the blame for bad things when they are in charge, they get the props when good things occur. He is the one who made the call to launch the operation. I agree that the troops deserve the most thanks, but just as 9/11 was an intelligence failure, the killing of bin Laden was an intelligence success. Politically speaking, this is the equivalent of a late goal in respect to his national security credentials. Not many presidents can say that they were on watch when arguably the most famous "bad guy" in the world was killed.

I personally don't think that this is a big deal in the greater scope of things, but if it gives one 9/11 survivor or family a better night's sleep it was entirely worth it. We're still going to be over there. Soldiers are going to continue to die and attacks are going to be planned and hopefully thwarted. And the most telling quote? "Osama’s death will have the same effect on Al-Qaeda as Crock dying had on McDonald’s. The franchise has already been built.”

Edited by ghdi, 02 May 2011 - 01:03 AM.

#20 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

Not many presidents can say that they were on watch when arguably the most famous "bad guy" in the world was killed.

You could have picked just about any American and he or she would have done the same exact thing Obama did with regards to this. That's why he doesn't deserve credit. It's just a matter of timing. If he was killed before Obama was elected I would have said Bush didn't deserve any credit either.
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users