iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

That's the rumor. Will it become reality?

Not sure. Emrick has been with the Devils non-stop since 1993. Why would he want to leave?

Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#3 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:22 AM

I didn't realize Doc's contract is up. If this is true, he's suddenly our #1 free agency worry as far as I'm concerned. :saddevil:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#4 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:24 AM

Well he's already been broadcasting the Pens like ten-fifteen games a year on NBC and VERSUS as it is :rolleyes:

I'm sure they'd throw in season tickets to the Pirates just to sweeten the deal :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 03 May 2011 - 11:27 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#5 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26 AM

it will most likely be mandated by bettman that doc has to work for the pens
Posted Image

#6 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:40 AM

Doc's loyalty to the organization is on display every time he raises his ring finger. I am not worried.

#7 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,456 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Doc's not a homer enough douchebag to work on the Penguins broadcast network.....

....thought least I might actually be able to watch a Pens game without throwing up in my mouth......

....leaving the Devils with Chico and the Troll as the team here would be harsh though.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#8 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

C'mon....Its because Langenbrunner left heh ??? He can't say Langenbrunnarian !!!

No really I hope we can keep him cuz this would really be bad to watch Devils hockey and not hear Doc :(

Edited by SS-SS, 03 May 2011 - 11:49 AM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

IF Doc left and Cangialosi is given the job full-time, we'll have the two worst play-by-play guys in the sport on both radio and TV. Great.

#10 cubanjd305

cubanjd305

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:56 AM

THis just changed our off season priorities....KEEP DOC!!!!!

believe-3devils.jpg

#11 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:02 PM

You know it's a long shot when even the guy writing the article doesn't think too much of the rumor.

This line near the end got me, though:

"This is far from a done deal. Emrick is 64. He might not want to relocate, or he might choose to not work for any team and just do his network chores."

Relocation isn't necessarily the issue; we learned within the past year or two that he lives in Michigan most of the time and flies to wherever the team is to call games. The big thing is that with the new TV contract, there will be far more games he could potentially call for NBC and Versus. I wouldn't blame him in the least if he decided to trade in his Devils workload for increased national exposure. After all, he already misses how many Devils games a year because of his network commitments?
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#12 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

IF Doc left and Cangialosi is given the job full-time, we'll have the two worst play-by-play guys in the sport on both radio and TV. Great.

Toward the end of this season there was something like 10 games where Cangialosi was replacing Doc and I got to say that it was not really the greatest commentating I heard.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#13 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,908 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

Toward the end of this season there was something like 10 games where Cangialosi was replacing Doc and I got to say that it was not really the greatest commentating I heard.

Yeah, he sucks. I couldn't deal with "SHAT SCARR"! full-time. Problem is, I wouldn't even be able to mute the TV and listen to the radio call because Matt Loughlin is even worse. :lol:

Edited by MadDog2020, 03 May 2011 - 12:08 PM.

#14 njdevs89

njdevs89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

Or imagine if we somehow pick up the penguins commentators :blink: . Noooo thank you, that guy is one of the most biased one sided dumb sounding broadcaster in sports.. next to the guy who calls Yankee games, and the guy who does Sabres games.

#15 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:04 PM

15 years, 100 mil. do it lou.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#16 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:07 PM

Or imagine if we somehow pick up the penguins commentators :blink: . Noooo thank you, that guy is one of the most biased one sided dumb sounding broadcaster in sports.. next to the guy who calls Yankee games, and the guy who does Sabres games.

"Vanek top shelf where Momma hides the cookies!!!"

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#17 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,261 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:13 PM

"Vanek top shelf where Momma hides the cookies!!!"

LOVE THE SABRES ANNOUNCER.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#18 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,168 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

The thing I like most about Doc is his underhanded comments.. Not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but he is soooooo good at sneaking in little jabs at other teams.. I wish I could recall a particular time when he did this, but they are so quick and good that it's sometimes hard to catch.. I do know he is especially good at doing this to the Flyers and Rangers though.. Always seems to have his A game for those
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#19 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Yeah, he sucks. I couldn't deal with "SHAT SCARR"! full-time. Problem is, I wouldn't even be able to mute the TV and listen to the radio call because Matt Loughlin is even worse. :lol:

LMFAO I AM LITERALLY LAUGHING MY ASS OFF. I can hear it in my head "SHAT SCAR". lol and it's usually because he's talking about something stupid and he's 2 seconds behind the play. hahahahaha
Put food on my family

#20 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

He had one of my all-time favorite calls when Brad May scored in overtime in 93 or 94 ("MAY DAY!!! MAY DAY!!! BRAD MAY!!!") but man, nowadays he treats any goal like it just won the Stanley Cup.

I also used to love "La-la-la-la-la-fontaine!"

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 03 May 2011 - 02:10 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users