Players shouldnt have to take a paycut to compensate and help sh!tty teams who can barely survive in a market where hockey had no business there in first place. It's his own problem, deal with it you fvcking troll
Like maxpower has pointed out, it might actually end up costing the Devils MORE money to do this than to sign him after July 1.
thats true. It also *could* have cost them less not waiting a week before free agency and not letting other teams giving him so much leverage knowing he could get crazy money or better cup chances somewhere else.
2-3 weeks ago the Pens we're not even in talks about Zach and now to me they are frontrunners or pretty damn close to NJ's chances.
and i don't want to hear about that "deserved chance to test the market", you don't put a C on guy just to "freely let him test the market cause he deserve it" a year after, ridiculous.
i know that every team has their inside stories and i'm pretty well aware of anything in the league not just for NJ... and its pretty impressive
• Zach coming back from his injury after missing almost the whole season and becoming captain.
• Salvador coming back from missing last season with a concussion and playing way above expectations.
• Zajac going down before the season and coming out super strong in the playoff right in time.
• Henrique having a crazy rookie season and Calder nominee, coming out HUGE and CLUTCH in the playoffs so far, also beating Gomez's record for most point by a devils rookie in the playoffs in 2000.
• All the financial trouble talks they had to listen to all years.
• Going to the stanley cup final after missing the playoffs last season.
• Getting Larsson at the draft and got some good games from the kid.
• Brodeur making is back in the SCF at 40
• Beating the FLYERS AND THE RANGERS in the playoffs. Payback for 1994 !
• Going to the SCF the year Pat Burns left us.
• No analysts would even put them in the playoffs this year.
• Getting a new coach that clicked with the players.
• Clarkson scoring 30 fvcking GOALS.
• Made it to the final with no all-stars player APPARENTLY ?
• One of the best if not the best PK of all time during the season.
• You can add all the records Brodeur got this year too i guess haha
• At this point, could forfeit either a 29th or 30th first round pick which is the best situation ever.
im probably forgetting a few things but its awesome... after last season and the whole Kovy saga during the summer i think our fanbase needed that... now if we could win this damn thing and re-sign zach... could potentially be the best year ever for the devils? what do you think?