I wish conservatives would stop playing the media victim card. The most watched cables news network is foxnews, the radio airwaves are dominated by conservative talk shows, and the internet is the ever equalizer for reporting stories. The "relentless media" works for both sides, they are about ratings (which is fine).
Well, considering the media was caught themelves on audio plotting against Romney, any misttep and the media will relentlessly attack him, like they do all Republicans.
There isn't much evidence to back up what you are saying, just idle speculation for now. Just like their is speculation that Bush knew about the 9/11 attacks before they happened. It's a pretty big jump to suggest the US would knowingly allow their embassies to be overran (or their towers to be attacked). It just doesn't jive with the follow up; sending in special forces to protect various facilities immediately after. We are willing to use FAST teams after the attacks but not before? a little common sense goes a long way here. When something more then "a senior diplomatic source" comes out then is deserves more attention, or its own thread...
Meanwhile, all you see and hear is crickets and tumbleweeds from the media over the fact that Obama and his State Dep't knew for a minimum of two days that there was a plot against our embassies, yet we chose not to notify our staffs there.......but don't worry, Prez Advisor Valerie Jarrett had a full protective detail while vacationing in Martha's Vineyard......at least we're secure knowing she's safe.
As for Romney, he's got a real problem. Of that 47%, half are seniors who probably aren't going to like the fact he basically called them moochers. He needs a lot of that 47% probably a third by my estimate because he was never going to win the other 53% outright.