Dreger: NHL Planning Winter Classic in Philly

Devils Dose

Devlinla, you've been called out so often on these boards that I can't even respond to you. You have no credibility.

Ghdi, I don't know what your point is or how much time you have on your hands. One can go look up instances where people ask for clarification or disagree w an opinion for any poster, esp when there are thousands of posts to sift through. If I didn't have a life I could go thru your post history and find many more for you. It's a message board. The point here is you have made stuff up, as per your reputation. I cited the article posted on couturier, but you incorrectly assume that that's the lone report i read, and throw insults. Pretty simple. That's why I asked how old u were. It's the same pattern with you...assuming or misinterpreting something that's not there.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devlinla, you've been called out so often on these boards that I can't even respond to you. You have no credibility.

Ghdi, I don't know what your point is or how much time you have on your hands. One can go look up instances where people ask for clarification or disagree w an opinion for any poster, esp when there are thousands of posts to sift through. If I didn't have a life I could go thru your post history and find many more for you. It's a message board. The point here is you have made stuff up, as per your reputation. I cited the article posted on couturier, but you incorrectly assume that that's the lone report i read, and throw insults. Pretty simple. That's why I asked how old u were. It's the same pattern with you...assuming or misinterpreting something that's not there.

Beautiful backtrack and argument ignorance. Please cite one source of my misinterpretation and reputation in respects to hockey where I've "made something up". You have provided nothing proving that. I have been wrong before and I readily admit when I am. Unlike you, who keeps standing by your argument when its already been blasted to pieces from multiple parties. I have provided multiple instances of you doing the same thing over and over again in respects to not backing up claims and others questioning your lack of comprehension, which you asked me to. The links I provided were recent examples of the things for which I was questioning you on. One was in this very thread!

You have a life? Nice excuse. Yet, you have the time to come on here defending yourself constantly. It took no searching whatsoever to find those threads since they're all on the first page and they're the same ones we've been discussing ad-hoc for two days now. You're the one who decided to call me a douchebag when I asked you something that was asked of you multiple times by many other people, including an admin and other well known members, and you question my age? Do the others that have questioned you for the same reasons I have lack credibility? Where did I insult you? By reiterating a question which has been asked of you before? Is RowdyFan42 a douchebag as well?

You're right. It is a message board. Which is why its perfectly logical to question someone who provides an opinion or information as to how they came to a conclusion that differs from the norm. Its perfectly fine to have a different opinion, but back it up when asked. Is that not the definition of discussion?

Edited by ghdi

I realize you're a child. You've yet to admit you completely misread any of the things from the past two days, yet to admit you've made stuff up, yet to admit you've thrown out insults to people who disagree with you. I always listen to other peoples points. I even thanked you for suggesting a couple links on couturier in that other thread, even tho u did it in a completely rude a$$hole way. There's no discussing reason with people like you.

For some reason I have a burning desire to see the WC played on a rink set up on a body of water. I understand that it's an absurd idea for many reasons: it needs to be near (less than 2hrs from) a city with a team, it needs to be somewhere where grandstands can easily and safely be set up or the land naturally forms a bowl shape, and it needs to be super cold since there's no refrigeration system available. What place has this? I haven't a clue.

Ottawa. They ice-skate on the Rideau Canal in the winter. But that's Canada, so the WC will never happen there. In the US? Beats me. Minnesota, probably.

I've always wondered whether a racetrack (horse or auto) would be appropriate. You could set up the rink on the homestretch, but you'd have to bring in bleachers for the other side of the rink. The Isles (or, more likely, the Rangers) could host a game at Aqueduct or Belmont, the Devils could play at the Meadowlands, etc.

Unless you're an original 6 or a team with Crosby and Ovechkin the NHL doesn't give a damn about you in this type of situation.

Ratings aren't that important.

How did Buffalo and Philly get in, then?

I realize you're a child. You've yet to admit you completely misread any of the things from the past two days, yet to admit you've made stuff up, yet to admit you've thrown out insults to people who disagree with you. I always listen to other peoples points. I even thanked you for suggesting a couple links on couturier in that other thread, even tho u did it in a completely rude a$$hole way. There's no discussing reason with people like you.

Rude? How was this rude?

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100065&view=findpost&p=1016176

The only thing I questioned was how much you've read, considering you used the singular "report" rather than the plural "reports". Was it not a safe assumption? I didnt call you a douchebag or any other derogatory name at any time. But I will now, because its pretty clear that you're an idiot with no backbone. I've also supplied proof of you being questioned for the same exact things I questioned you on, yet you continue to attack me and haven't even acknowledged the fact that this isnt the first time you've been questioned by multiple members, including an admin who did so in this thread prior to me saying a word to you here, for the same exact things. So, if you're missing the point, its because what I was questioning you on was done before by multiple people. Is that clear enough?

I have answered every single question you've had for me in this argument. You've answered none of mine. You're completely ignoring the fact that others have questioned you for the same things I have. You claim that I "make stuff up". Where have I ever made something up?

I love your attempts at taking a high road when you've lost every single aspect of our argument. You have provided nothing backing your claims and every single excuse you've used when questioned as to your opinion presenting has failed.

Edited by ghdi

I don't even know what you're arguing. I cited that report, prefaced my point with 'plus' and you assume that's the only thing I'm going on. How's that hard to grasp? You also keep referring to other people asking me to clarify a comment, which I gladly do if I'm asked. You don't ask people to clarify something. You make rude assumptions that you pull out of thin air. That's the difference. Im repeating the same stuff with you because youre reading something different from what's written. I don't know how to clarify it more from you. If you can't comprehend a sentence then i don't know what else to tell you.

I don't even know what you're arguing. I cited that report, prefaced my point with 'plus' and you assume that's the only thing I'm going on. How's that hard to grasp? You also keep referring to other people asking me to clarify a comment, which I gladly do if I'm asked. You don't ask people to clarify something. You make rude assumptions that you pull out of thin air. That's the difference. Im repeating the same stuff with you because youre reading something different from what's written. I don't know how to clarify it more from you. If you can't comprehend a sentence then i don't know what else to tell you.

You still don't get it.

This whole argument stems from this:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100298&view=findpost&p=1016524

You were questioned in the same way in this thread prior to me saying a word about it, yet you chose to attack me, when others had questioned you in the EXACT same manner. I bring up the other people that have questioned you, because you made the claim that no one has ever questioned you on it before.

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100298&view=findpost&p=1016778

Right here on this page! Your post. You state: "No, its just you".

You took high offense to a question "Do you read" that has been asked of you prior and resorted to insults. I provided evidence of you regularly and very recently not having evidence to support your opinions/claims, as well as being questioned if you've read the article prior to me even saying it...

READ IT http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=100298&view=findpost&p=1016521

And considering DevilInLa's remarks seems that this entire argument is nothing new for you.

Edited by ghdi

No, I get it. I think you're grasping for straws trying to sound coherent. It's funny how you're whole I never read anything stems from one thread two days ago...a thread in which I said I wasn't clear in my initial post, cleared it up when someone asked...but then you act like a rude tool because my opinion isn't the same as yours. This whole thread is off topic, wasting my time, going in circles because youre not listening to anything I'm saying (surprise, surprise). If you want to continue this feel free to pm me, but not if you're going to not comprehend what's being written.

No, I get it. I think you're grasping for straws trying to sound coherent. It's funny how you're whole I never read anything stems from one thread two days ago...a thread in which I said I wasn't clear in my initial post, cleared it up when someone asked...but then you act like a rude tool because my opinion isn't the same as yours. This whole thread is off topic, wasting my time, going in circles because youre not listening to anything I'm saying (surprise, surprise). If you want to continue this feel free to pm me, but not if you're going to not comprehend what's being written.

:giggle: You keep believing that. Your constant attempts at deflection and ignorance are laugh-worthy. Nothing more needs to be said. We're not getting anywhere, but your ignorance is fully documented, so well done.

Your misinterpretation reputation was already established

At least I admit it when I'm wrong. You just cherry pick things to fit an argument and take unnecessary shots when you post complete bilge and are called on it, but hey keep it up! We'll pick it up another time.

Called out by who and for what? Sounds like a cop out.

Credibility.... there's credibility on an internet message board?

How do you build this "credibility". Is it by generating a list of our best defensemen and ranking Salmela at #2?, or... by so that the NJ fanbase is the only fanbase with high expectations of their team?, or any coach who doesn't reach the Stanley Cup in his first 3 seasons is a failure?....or is it by claiming that I don't understand because I don't sit next to you at the Rock?

Show me anyone on this board who has logged icetime in an NHL or AHL game on I'll show you the only people who should have some "credibility" over the internet. Until then, we're all tossing our opinions back and forth and it means as much as an other hockey fans in nay bar across North America.

Edited by DevilinLA

Ottawa. They ice-skate on the Rideau Canal in the winter. But that's Canada, so the WC will never happen there. In the US? Beats me. Minnesota, probably.

I've always wondered whether a racetrack (horse or auto) would be appropriate. You could set up the rink on the homestretch, but you'd have to bring in bleachers for the other side of the rink. The Isles (or, more likely, the Rangers) could host a game at Aqueduct or Belmont, the Devils could play at the Meadowlands, etc.

Getting back on subject,

Minnesota's the land of 1,000 lakes right? Maybe one of those has the proper setting/features.

Racetracks sound like more of a gamble to me. I don't mean that from a logistical standpoint; I just think that there might be more people saying "this has become silly" than saying "what a cool idea!" Maybe I don't know people that well though.

If you had bothered to read you'd know that they tried to get the football stadium (which likewise has no soul or history) but the NFL wouldn't cooperate.

Should have tried for Franklin Field at UPenn. Eagles used to play there, old school feel, seats over 50K.

Comcast owns NBC. Comcast owns the Flyers. NBC broadcasts the Winter Classic. This will be the second time the Flyers are in the Winter Classic. Coincidence?

Last year I went to the AHL Outdoor Classic in Syracuse, NY, at the NY State Fairgrounds. They set up the rink in the racetrack, and you had about 20,000 in the big grandstand and they set up a small grandstand in the middle for about 1000 more people. Besides the ridiculous proportions of the grandstands, it was a good venue. Better somewhere a little warmer though, it was extremely cold, and it was wet out there.

But anyway, I think it's definitely feasible at NHL level, and if they could afford to put up a legit grandstand at the center you could probably get 25,000-30,000 people there. However, this still isn't as much as your average baseball or football stadium, so I don't know. For reference:

http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/45142/2808024870106302280S600x600Q85.jpg

Last year I went to the AHL Outdoor Classic in Syracuse, NY, at the NY State Fairgrounds. They set up the rink in the racetrack, and you had about 20,000 in the big grandstand and they set up a small grandstand in the middle for about 1000 more people. Besides the ridiculous proportions of the grandstands, it was a good venue. Better somewhere a little warmer though, it was extremely cold, and it was wet out there.

But anyway, I think it's definitely feasible at NHL level, and if they could afford to put up a legit grandstand at the center you could probably get 25,000-30,000 people there. However, this still isn't as much as your average baseball or football stadium, so I don't know. For reference:

http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/45142/2808024870106302280S600x600Q85.jpg

That's exactly what I had in mind. I knew Syracuse did it last year but I wasn't sure if it would work at the NHL level. I'd love to see an Albany-Adirondack matchup at Saratoga.

The problem with outdoor hockey is when is too much going to kill the golden goose?

One NHL game in the US and one in Canada per season is doable. Perhaps add a "classic venue match-up" (aka Michigan-Michigan State at the Big House last December) is also good. But now everybody is doing these games and frankly they're starting to lose their luster. Syrcause had the game at the fair grounds, last season Hartford had an outdoor game, next year Fenway Park is going to host a college hockey double header.

How much is too much of a good thing?