How's about this for a mock draft

Daniel

heh if only the Panthers HAD drafted Staal....and the Penguins Zherdev :P

Damn the league woulda been wayyyy different if this mock draft held up.....

Until recently it always used to fill me with great joy to look at the draft history and see the Rangers pick as the only player who had not played a single NHL game out of what was possibly the easiest first round ever to find a tallented player.

Btw, does anyone have a video of Parise being drafted by the Devils? (Looked on youtube and google, but couldn't find anything). Just remember for the previous 5 to 10 picks, the commentators (might have been Melrose actually), were talking about how nobody was taking Parise, and when the second the Devils traded up, them saying something like "we know what's coming."

looking back now for a 17th pick he did real good (well we all knew that right? but in more details...)

here's where hes ranking in all categories

GP - 18th

Goals - 6th

Assists - 9th

Pts - 8th

and all the guys above have from 30 to 140 more games than Zach

Let's compare Zach with Staal now the #1 pick that year, Staal has played 140 more games than Zach so let's go with the % (and just for the fun of it let's throw Kovie in there)

Scoring%:

Parise: 38.8%

Staal: 40.3%

Kovie: 52.6%

Assist%:

Parise: 42.4%

Staal: 49.6%

Kovie: 47.4%

Points%:

Parise: 81.2%

Staal: 90%

Kovie: 100%

really not bad for a 17th pick, im glad we picked him ! maybe Getzlaf would have been a better pick if you look at stats 96% for points but wtv i hate to watch him play, he looks lazy and that he doesnt care i rather see Zach playing his heart out every game like he is

Edited by SterioDesign

and getting Parise was the final chapter in the Stevens tampering case... we used the switch of picks to get him if I remember correctly

No, this was a straight-up trade of picks with Edmonton, we gave them our 22nd overall and 68th overall for their 17th overall.

No, this was a straight-up trade of picks with Edmonton, we gave them our 22nd overall and 68th overall for their 17th overall.

This is true. But we had the 22nd pick because of the switch with St. Louis. We won the Cup that year, so we would've picked 30th. Switching and having the higher pick helped make the deal happen. So in a way, drafting Zach did turn out to be the final chapter of the Stevens tampering case.

I believe Pierre's quote after the trade was something along the lines of "shame on every other nhl gm if the Devils end up getting Parise with this pick."

This was of course before his vocabulary was reduced to the one word of "Edzo"

Edited by Beck27

Cute how Kesler and Horton are making noise in the playoffs this season too...

I wasn't sure Horton woudl come through...he's had a scary career to watch -- I like where he is now. Just... it FEELS solid. I'm happy for him.

BUT GUUUYYYYS!!! I Sooooooooo don't want Vancouver OR boston... man or ANYONE to win... I ... I HATE playoffs :evilcry: This year just massively sucks because I came in happy enough -- but I mean -- as it;s going on I'm just --- it's as if enjoying it is making it worse... the good hockey out there is just killing me.... I say it's what I want but now I'm all pissed off and grumpy about it all... <_<

It's all teh Devils fault -- I like them now instead of hockey ... ass****s Earn it you new bunch of fe