New NHL 12 Video

mmajeski06

I doubt they went through all that effort just for that, I'm guessing it's just a playable venue for offline non-career/season games and you can pick whatever two teams for it.

Doc did NHL Faceoff with Bill Clement in the late 90s if I'm not mistaken.

I think you're right, I think I had Faceoff 99.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i gathered, no matter which team is "hosting" the WC, it'll still be in Pitt. :puke:

Well it's a LOT of space and programming time to invest for ONE game a season (and yeah whatever exhibition games you play in it... but who REALLY plays exhibitions anyway? :P ), it's a practicality option not a bias thing.....

Well it's a LOT of space and programming time to invest for ONE game a season (and yeah whatever exhibition games you play in it... but who REALLY plays exhibitions anyway? :P ), it's a practicality option not a bias thing.....

Oh I agree completely, I more than likely will not play any WC games unless it's built into the Be A GM mode or if my friends want to have an outdoor game.

I'd love to see them bring back the Trade Meter so its not guess-and-check with proposing trades to GMs. I'd also like for my offense to not be complete morons and run into each other when performing my created plays.

The play by play that they have with Gary Thorne and Bill Clement is pretty much the same sh!t we heard in 07. They're just lazy, they add 30-40 new "sound bytes" per year and that's it. So, instead of having to pay doc to sit through a billion different in-game situations to call, they add 20 or 30 more useless Bill Clement ramblings and think they have us fooled.

Agree the commentating is garbage. And like another poster said, hearing them say things like 'you'd be surprised how many players actually enjoy playing in new jersey' is ridiculous.

I won't be buying nhl12, not only for the announcers repeating the same crap over and over, but because I hate the new passing system and u can't change settings for online play. They've also phased out the classic controls, which I used. U can't do all the fancy stick checks, spinning off players with classic.

I find it interesting that in real life they're trying to cut down on big hits yet according to this guy you now have the ability to deliver even bigger hits.

too many people crying about not being able to level players and gain control of the puck. So instead of doing the logical thing [lessen the ability of superstars to maintain control of the puck when hit (I.E. Crosby or Thornton being hit by Volchenkov yet never losing control of the puck], they play to the kids with ADD.

Isn't it up to you how realistic you want the hits to be? There are sliders for this stuff.

yes, those variables are controllable, but the attributes would need to be modified one by one, or simply modify the way puck possession is factored into the skill-set.

they way I counter the puck-possession magnet is hip checks.

NHL '09 was great, and so is '11. NHL 10 was nothing but a roster update in my opinion.

In the future I'd like to see them include all of the teams previous jerseys, NCAA teams, and better arena participation (like actual goal songs for each team). If NCAA 11 can include fight songs, how hard would it be for RNR Pt 2 to play when the Devils score, have the cannon fire for the Jackets, Chelsea Dagger when the Hawks score?

I'd also like to see them make realistic arenas (come on, at least in NCAA you can clearly tell what venue you're playing in, even back on the PS2). Also, I'd love old jerseys and the addition of the ECHL in the game.

Isn't it up to you how realistic you want the hits to be? There are sliders for this stuff.

I think sliders are getting way outta control nowadays. For me to pick up and play NHL 12 id have to spend hours upon hours adjusting sliders. Just make a game that is playable right out of the box.

I wonder what the cutoff is for EA to add new teams. I thought I heard during the Coyotoes saga last year the EA would make the change in time. I also wonder how much time Reebok needs as well for jerseys.

I have to imagine the coding for a uniform cannot be too complex as they have a considerable number of generic tablets to use for create-a-franchise and not like teams pave the way with anything unique anymore [see: colorado, florida, ect. RBK edge]

But seeing as they don't even bother updating the rosters before the discs are being made [i think that cutoff is like July 3rd?!?], again, I could see them screwing this up [Monopoly syndrome]

I think sliders are getting way outta control nowadays. For me to pick up and play NHL 12 id have to spend hours upon hours adjusting sliders. Just make a game that is playable right out of the box.

Well yeah it's easy to say that, but what is "playable" to you might not be to other people, so the sliders, while tedious, are good because they let everyone customize the game to what they think is the way the game should be.

Well yeah it's easy to say that, but what is "playable" to you might not be to other people, so the sliders, while tedious, are good because they let everyone customize the game to what they think is the way the game should be.

No i agree with that but it seems like EA doesnt even try to make a game that is not dependent on the user messing around with numerous sliders for hours. The online game ends up being so different from your customized game

Anyone want to take bets that EA Sports screws the game up by keeping the Thrashers in the game and leaving out the Winnipeg/Manitoba [insert mascot name here]?

If I'm not mistaken, did that not pull the same thing in NHL '96?

EA Sports confirmed to IGN the newly relocated team will be included in this year's title, NHL 12, set for release in September.

My link

I have only played 09 and enjoyed that emmensely. I might pick up 12, but as someone said earlier, I would like to see the goal songs played when scoring a goal, plus I'd like to see the Red and Green jerseys.

Also, have they started calling the Garden, Madison Square Garden yet?

Mike

I have only played 09 and enjoyed that emmensely. I might pick up 12, but as someone said earlier, I would like to see the goal songs played when scoring a goal, plus I'd like to see the Red and Green jerseys.

Also, have they started calling the Garden, Madison Square Garden yet?

Mike

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken its in this year's.

They typically don't put the goal songs in because of the copyright laws and all of that. I have a reliable website for them where you can go through team by team and add them in yourself, even has the intros. Its a little bit of a pain in the ass, but for about a half hour of work, it'll improve the game-play that much.

Yeah, if I'm not mistaken its in this year's.

They typically don't put the goal songs in because of the copyright laws and all of that. I have a reliable website for them where you can go through team by team and add them in yourself, even has the intros. Its a little bit of a pain in the ass, but for about a half hour of work, it'll improve the game-play that much.

Agreed. I definitely think it's worth it to add the intros and goal songs.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what site did you use?

Agreed. I definitely think it's worth it to add the intros and goal songs.

BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what site did you use?

I'd be intrested in knowing myself.

Mike