DISCUSSION: General Deadline Thoughts

Weekes Head

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be similar to last year. No trade day moves. If Stevens has told Lou that he will be back before the end of the year Lou may not make any additional moves. Clemmensen has done a good job as back up and Lou may balk at paying too high a price for a backup goalie.

:rolleyes:

and the same crap happens ...every... single... year......

there's a reason EA Sports allows you to have trades in it :evil:

*almost glad I have too busy a day to hear the same crap as years past*

And what, exactly, do we have to give up for him? Nothing.

We're not getting Jason Smith. We'll get a big, stay-at-home D-man for a tier-two prospect on the Rats and a pick.

And what, exactly, do we have to give up for him? Nothing.

We're not getting Jason Smith. We'll get a big, stay-at-home D-man for a tier-two prospect on the Rats and a pick.

Maybe Smelhik will be back.

I'll bet we can have him for free.

Just talked to a woman I know who works for the Devs........She said its pretty much a 100% certainty a deal will be made today......She couldnt give specifics but heres some things:

Said the Hill talks have cooled considerably

The Morris 3 way was true, but fell apart after the Lanche felt they needed a Center, so thats why the Yotes deal went through.....

Anaheim is a team the Devils are talking too considerably......

Devils are preferring a defenseman who is signed for a few years or a younger defenseman who will be restricted for a few years..........

Just talked to a woman I know who works for the Devs........She said its pretty much a 100% certainty a deal will be made today......She couldnt give specifics but heres some things:

Said the Hill talks have cooled considerably

The Morris 3 way was true, but fell apart after the Lanche felt they needed a Center, so thats why the Yotes deal went through.....

Anaheim is a team the Devils are talking too considerably......

Devils are preferring a defenseman who is signed for a few years or a younger defenseman who will be restricted for a few years..........

You were right about Barnaby. Hopefully you're right here. Maybe another blockbuster with the Ducks? Rob, Carney and Gerber?

What 3 way deal w/Morris?

Edited by JesterDevil

I guess we were supposed to get Morris? I don't know, I didn't hear anything.

I wonder WHO we're talking to Anaheim about.

Carney?

Niedermayer?

...Sykora?

bum-bum-ba-bummmmm

Anyway, next 3 hours should be interesting.

The Morris 3 way was a deal with the Caps and Lanche....

Devs get Morris

Caps get Hale, Ballard and a pick

Lanche get Witt and Kolzig

(N)Єverson must have had a source, my source said it was true, but fell apart at the last minute.......

Well I need to get some lunch......Ill be back in an hour.......I expect to see activity on the increase......My source says that Rucinsky has been dealt pending league approval..........

I don't believe that deal. I know Lou has had his eye on Morris for a while, but to give up Hale for Morris straight up, I see that as very unlikely. Three way deals are usually unfairly weighted to one side or another, which is why they don't go through.

I didn't notice the Bure deal. I don't know anything about Bagnall, but this should be a decent trade for Dallas, as long as Scott Young is out. He should replace David Oliver in the lineup and give them another scorer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.