DISCUSSION: General Deadline Thoughts

Weekes Head

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's one thing like last year when we wanted a scorer and didn't get one. That worked out.

But to go into the playoffs with Albelin, Brown and Hale potentially filling out two defense spots, that's just wrong.

I have heard this enough. Everyone thinks now that since we all thought we were gone last year because Lou did nothing and we won doesn't mean it will happen last year. I thought Burns was the main factor alst year and this team won't respond to him the same way they did last year.

I still hope their is a deal but like I said in another thread I doubt Lou would make a deal all day.

Counting................Counting............First Round Exit...........

It's 3:30. Looks like Lou didn't pull a trade. $10 US we make it through the first round. You on?

If we win one round, you send me a $10 US dollar bill that says "I know nothing about hockey! Coldply123"

We go out first round, I do the opposite.

You on?

783: You want some of that action too?

It's not terrible. It just has a hole in it. With Stevens back and all healthy, the playoff lineup contains Albelein, which isn't terrible, but also not the best thing possible. That's why we're all hoping for a depth guy on D so that David Hale can enjoy the playoffs from the pressbox with his buddy Sean Brown.

The other option is to pair Stevens with Hale to try to make him accountable, but that would limit Scotty's ice-time unless he were double-paired with Rafalski.

It does?

The problem is the Martin-Hale pairing. I don't think Albelin is a good fill-in because Martin has proven he's the NHL player, and that line will get killed on the forecheck. If Lou doesn't make a move, it says he trusts Sean Brown. I don't.

Hill was going to be traded but the Leafs wanted him to sign a contract extension first but he would not do that.

Of course not!! He said he wants to stay in Carolina!!

"I'll play for a contender in the playoffs, but want to stay in Raleigh"

"We'll let you play for us if you leave Raleigh"

"No comprendes the English, eh?"

Leafs. :rolleyes:

The dust still hasn't settled. Deals are still being processed. But overall, going into the playoffs with the BEST DEFENSE in the league is fine by me.

Hale and Martin have won College Championships and are still better than every other #3 pairing going into the playoffs.

I am not concerned. Once Kozlov gets healthy and Scotty gets back on the ice all these silly comments will be long forgotten.

We have the best defense in the league and Defense wins championships!

Our defense has been porous lately. Our GAA is way up from where it was earlier this season when we were shutting teams out every other game. Whether Stevens comes back or not our defense is in trouble.

Let's say we get the 6 seed. That means we play either Toronto or Philly in the first round. I do not think we can beat either of those teams 4 of 7 in round 1 especially of Primeau and Roenick come back for Philly.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.