Elias Scores. Devils Win

devilsrule33

There's going to be a lot of season ticket holders in Nashville getting there money back

Count me in on that group.

It's only the season ticket increase price from last year. Estimates say that it will cost the Preds a little over $1 million in refunds if (when) they miss the playoffs.

I think the Preds owner is making out like a bandit. He didn't make a big splash in the FA market, and if they don't make it he's out only $1 million(?). That's cheaper than paying some guys millionS and MAYBE making the playoffs. Now the STH will think he's being nice giving their money back, thinking he tried or something.

Suckers :D

This was a huge win for the team. Not so much because they won two in a row against teams they should have beaten (which was a rarity last year) and not so much because they won after a crippling tying goal late but because the guy who was responsible for that tying goal against, Elias atoned for it in the OT, like a budding leader should come through in the clutch. Actually this is two GW goals for Elias already in this young season. He's responding to his increased role well.

Never forget the atrocity called the 95-96 season...that was child's play compared to the 1st decade :unsure:

Since I didn't see most of the awful part of the first decade, the '95-96 season was a strange one. Every team in the East that made the playoffs was afraid what would happen if NJ got in. The Devils heated up down the stretch to make a run but then lost to an awful Ottawa team on the last day of the season. I think Tom Chorske scored too.

I still think if NJ had qualified, they might have repeated.

df

SBT:

It's amazing how few posts there are after a win.

But when the Devils lose, the board is bursting with activity.

Depends on the win. If we beat the Rangers or Flyers, the board's still gonna be hopping. Beating the Blue Jackets (on a Friday night, no less) when some of the board might be at the game isn't gonna be enough to get the board hopping :lol:

It's getting to the point where the 2:00 mark makes me nervous as hell when they only hold a one goal lead; this is leftover from last year and I think they tend to slack off and try to kill time. Elias is lucky that he got that goal; I admit it was a funky penalty. As he said, many of the guys could be called for that in many games year round.