Rank the Prospects

Derlique

I'm sure some people are sick of draft threads, but truth is, we probably won't be in a position like this in some time. So with that being said, make a top ten list of players of you the Devils to draft. One rule, no Ryan Nugent Hopkins, as he will certainly be the number 1 pick

1. Adam Larsson

2. Gabriel Landeskog

3. Jonathan Huberdeau

4. Sean Couturier

5. Dougie Hamilton

6. Ryan Strome

7. Mika Zibanejad

8. Ryan Murphy

9. Nathan Beaulieu

10. Duncan Siemens

Edited by SMantzas

Nice list

I'm still torn on which of Huberdeau of Couturier is the better choice. Huberdeau has got the skill for sure, but Couturier might be the more well-rounded player.

Also, I'd maybe move Zibanejad up a little, but it's so hard to tell.

If it isn't Larsson, I say we go with a forward. I am not completely sold on Hamilton yet.

1. Landeskog

2. Larsson

3. Couturier

4. Huberdeau

5. Zibanejad

6. Strome

7. Hamilton

8. Murphy

9. Beaulieu

10. Bartschi

Still trying to decide whether to switch 1 and 2. I think Landeskog will be really good in the NHL.

EDIT: switched Larsson and Landeskog. I'd take Landeskog first.

Edited by nessus

In my completely amateur opinion...

1. Larsson

2. Couturier

3. Landeskog

4. Hamilton

5. Huberdeau

6. Strome

7. Zibanejad

8. Beaulieu

9. Siemens

10, Murphy

I think the Devils are going to get either Larsson or Couturier if they stay at 4. I think the top 3 is going to be Hopkins to Edmonton, Landeskog to Colorado, and Couturier to Florida.

If Landeskog hasn't been picked by 4 and the Devils still are real high on a player they can get at 6, I can see them doing a swap with Ottawa since the Senators have been rumored to like Landeskog a lot.

These threads are fun but end up being useless. None of us have spent actual time watching all of these prospects. We read something and think that player is the sh!t and that's about it.

Edited by hurricane1091

1) Sean Coutourier

2)Gabriel Landeskog

3)Dougie Hamilton

4)Mike Zibanejad

5)Adam Larson

6)Jonathan Huberdeau

7)Ryan Strome

8)Nathan Beaulieu

9)Duncan Siemens

10)Zack Philips

I would be happy with this. The top 5 picks for me would be ideal.

I would be happy with this. The top 5 picks for me would be ideal.

As longs as you don't mind wasting a pick on Mika Zibanejad's evil twin brother Mike we are all good!

I LOLed when i realised i had put Mike, but i am leaving it in, it makes me smile.....

As longs as you don't mind wasting a pick on Mika Zibanejad's evil twin brother Mike we are all good!

I LOLed when i realised i had put Mike, but i am leaving it in, it makes me smile.....

haha I didnt realize that either. I was looking at the last names. :giggle:

These threads are fun but end up being useless. None of us have spent actual time watching all of these prospects. We read something and think that player is the sh!t and that's about it.

Buzzkiller.... that's my job :P

I can't tell you how many times I've auto-typed stevens - for anyone names Steve - it's Dear Stevens -- for the word even it's evens.... this is when you KNOW you're just WAY too far over the top....

1. Landeskog - I think he's the most versatile player in the draft, or at least the guys that I know well. He's got the disposition to be the face of a franchise and I think his intangibles outweigh his ability, but he's no slouch obviously. I don't think we're going to be in a position to take him as he will most likely be off the board unless something freaky happens.

2. Couturier - Sean is the most NHL ready offensive player going in the top 10. For a team that needs help immediately, I think he's the most likely to contribute in a big way if he goes to a team with something around him immediately. I'd rank Landeskog second (offensively) in that attribute. I'd be thrilled if we draft him and I think we're going to be in a position to do so.

3. Larsson - Its harder to compare him to the Canadian defenders right now, but obviously his experience and ability are noticeable. I'm not completely sold on him compared to other guys that will be available for us. I also think Edmonton or Colorado is going to take him. I agree that his demeanor is a bit hmmm, but I think that could be a positive as well. He will probably be in the NHL quickly. I'd be perfectly content taking Larsson.

4. RNH - RNH is the biggest potential "project" overall #1 in a long time. Theres no doubting his ability on the puck and he's a LOT of fun to watch and he should be an All Star at some point. His size is a potential issue and IMO its going to take him more time to adapt to the pro game. I dont think theres any chance the Devils are in a position to take him.

5. Hamilton - He's going to be damn good. I think he's a great pick for the Devils if they are going defense and Larsson is off the board. He's an offensive threat off the blueline and reminds me of Shea Weber. He's also got very strong defensive instinct and positioning. He could be a stalwart for years. I also think he's got less risk than Larsson. I only rank Larsson higher because of experience and consensus amongst "experts". Id go Hamilton.

6. Huberdeau - I'm not sold on this guy. His ability is apparent, but something is off to me. This is more of a hunch. His offensive game is immediately apparent, but its the rest of his game that I think is questionable. The fact that he projects to winger is an issue from our perspective obviously. I think the fact he was on a great team contributed more to his stock at the moment than anything else. I believe that can work both ways. I couldnt be disappointed with him as our pick, but I'd be most skeptical of him moreso than anyone else.

7. Strome - I believe its almost a coinflip if its between him and Huberdeau.

8. Beaulieu

9. I don't know much of anything about Zibanejejaajaad, but considering his buzz, Ill rank him here. I'm surprised so many are on his bandwagon.

10. Siemens

I don't think we're going to be in a position to take him as he will most likely be off the board unless something freaky happens.

If Huberdeau goes second, which is somewhat likely, the idea of drafting Landeskog is not too far fetched